Flemish Needs a Home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Carolyn, does she seem to havegood control or her ears? Is that something that they slowly gain ordoes it come naturally?

Raspberry

A strong ear base is a very desirable characteristic of the FlemishGiant. In fact, I don't believe there is any other breed thatplaces such a strong emphasis on the ear base. The Flemishstandard states "The ear base is very important on a Flemish Giant, andis often the deciding point in determining the best balanced specimen".(The ears are to be held erect -- thin ears or weak base arefaulted. Ears that turn over at the tips are a DQ).The ears should not give the appearance of a "V" when looking at themfrom the front.

Bone is also a very important feature of the Flemish.

Pam

Pam,

You've seen pictures...you know what she is. She was sold as a showrabbit. At 6 months old, she's gorgeous, with a beautiful tail that iscrooked. I wonder if she'll grow into it as she's only still a babe?

If not, I don't care. I think it's cute.

:)

-Carolyn

Cali is quite the handsome woman! Is her tail permanently set to the side or does she just like to hold it that way?

She most certainly is impressive!

Pam :)

Thank you, Pam, for what you said about our Baby Girl.

I swear, she looks like she's a wild rabbit.

My friend's two-year-old son came to visit today and Cali freaked himout. I can understand why, but she is the most Gentle Mannered rabbitI've ever met in my life. She truly is just a baby and so receptive tolove.

She's not like Tucker and Fauna that are like live stuffed animals.She's something you see in a field - preferrably at a distance becauseif she decided to be nasty... :shock:

I think the crook in her tail is permanent. It's always crooked when I look at her, except of course, when she's peeing.

She still has a lot more filling out to do, so that's why I question if as she grows, it will straighten out.

I truly don't care if it does or doesn't, it just captures my curiosity.

-Carolyn

Sometimes there is a defect in the tail (or abreak) causing it to be permanently set to the side. In othercases, the rabbit may just be holding it that way. Whenjudging, it has to be determined if the tail is actually crooked or notbecause a crooked, bent or twisted tail is a DQ. You shouldbe able to run it between your fingers and determine if it's a defector just the way she likes to carry it.

Pam

Thanks Pam! When she's more settled, I'll try it.

My baby girl is Lazy! She won't even sit up to eat her pellets. She'llrelax herself so that her head just needs to dip over to get somepellets.

Great - Great Fun, she is.

I'm so glad you told me to Go for It!
No Regrets, Pam.

Love,
-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
I'm so glad you told me to Go for It!
No Regrets, Pam.

Love,
-Carolyn

I am so glad -- There is nothing like cuddling one of those bigbundles. Charity just lays inour arms like a ragdoll! She's such a big baby LOL

Pam

pamnock wrote:
I am so glad -- There is nothing like cuddling one of those bigbundles. Charity just lays inour arms like a ragdoll! She's such a big baby LOL

Pam
BIG being a keyword here! If any of you haven't seen the photos of Pam's baby Charity,go find that thread and check them out!

Raspberry

OH MY!!

I missed the picture of Charity!

Thanks for posting it here, Pam.

What little angels!

-Carolyn

:bunnydance: <-This bunny is doing The Bump

...for a friend that was asking me about Cali.

-Carolyn

I'll have to take some more photos of Matthew & Charity. They've both grown so much!

Pam

Carolyn wrote:
At 6 months old, she's gorgeous, with a beautiful tail that iscrooked. I wonder if she'll grow into it as she's only still a babe?

If not, I don't care. I think it's cute.

-Carolyn

My Baby-Girl did grow into her tail.

It's not crooked any more.

OMG Carolyn!!!!!!!! I am SOOO mad at you???

WHy have you never bumped this thread before??! :tantrum:

Cali was such a beautiful lil baby! I cant believe how big shes gotten!

I personally LOVE this picture..

attachment.php

Oooohh the subject of this topic got me allexcited.... not that I could take in another bunny right now, but Isure would like to!!! :D

Megan

Latest posts

Back