False Pregnancy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryes

Reaction score
Our 6 1/2 month old doe has been in heat for a little over 2 weeks (trying to mount our neutered buck). Last night and this morning we found a good amount of fur like she is trying to make a nest. Our buck was neutered on March 23 so I think this is a false pregnancy. We have her scheduled to be spayed this Monday.

Should I leave the fur where it is until she gets through this or can I clean it up?
If I clean it up will that make her pull more fur?

I just would leave it until she loses interest, that should be soon.

It really depends, some does go through the whole spectrum, being off rail and in a frenzie, pulling fur etc.,, others just carry some hay around for a few hours.

Mounting the buck means she's hormonal and showing dominance. You'll need to keep an eye on them both between now and Monday. Might need to separate them. If the buck gets tired of her doing that, they may end up in a fight. So keep a close eye that aggression doesn't increase and be prepared to intervene. After her spay, she should be kept separate from him anyway so she can recuperate without him interfering.

Mounting the buck means she's hormonal and showing dominance. You'll need to keep an eye on them both between now and Monday. Might need to separate them. If the buck gets tired of her doing that, they may end up in a fight. So keep a close eye that aggression doesn't increase and be prepared to intervene. After her spay, she should be kept separate from him anyway so she can recuperate without him interfering.
Thanks for the input. We will be taking your advice on this.

Latest posts

Back