Emergency help needed ONTARIO TRANSPORT, TEMP FOSTER, ADOPTIONS, ANYTHING

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipp wrote:
PS: Apologies to Ontario members who got hit up twice,I fell asleep beforetelling Haley I had already PM'd everybody. :baghead

sas
No apologies...such a great cause deserves at least two notices, or however many it takes...! :D

I heard back from Rosiland... And I should stress that herorg is just one of the rescuers, they're not the people who seized the rabbits, so they don't have the ones still in trouble, but they do need to place the ones they've got ASAP as do the other orgs.Some of the placements are just very temporary.

She says there were around 400 total -- many many babies and probably pregnant females. They were meat and fur rabbits. She suspects all kinds of breeds (but I suspect larger ones under the circumstances). The SPCA hasalready started euthanizing. :(

Rosiland's org hasonly beenable to only pull around 25, I think that's mostly babies.

I think people who can set up santuaries or something -- anything -- may need tocontact the SPCA directly, anybody have contact infofor them? They may only deal with rescues, but something that should be looked into to at least. :(

------------

There were 400 seized. They have already begun to pts.
Some are being sent to other shelters but theres not enough room for them all. The other places will only take them in temporary, not long term. So only buying us a few days.

This sucks...

:(

I guess Steph called Rabbit Rescue. I had hoped she'd have called the SPCA as well in order to get more info. All I know is we might be taking a few in, though very few because large rabbits just don't get adopted much around here. Wish we could do more on our end.

Are there any farms around, "nature" attractions, etc. that could take some?

I hate when people are so stupid :grumpy:

*I think the SPCA didn't want to give the official numbers because of the "unsaid rules" so sorry if I got told there wasn't 400* I am going by what my director said the other person said, that the person before them said., etc. Lol *

I showed this to my hubby and we talked about it for a long time. There is just no way we can help, my truck isn't running right at all and we don't think it would make it there and back. I'm 5 hours away with no means to transport rabbits. I feel very sad that I can't help.

O.K here is my update - I just got home! I'm running around trying to get my animals taken care of. Angel Susan & her husband are going to take a couple mamas for us, so we can figure out how to get them here. Rabbit Rescue said they will get them to New Market for Susan to pick up, and like she said, she is still waiting to hear from them and so am I.

I don't know how many rabbits have been saved, but like Sas said, they have already started euthanizing. They just won't budge or give anyone any more time. I was up all night working on this - but it's hard to find help at 2 and 3 in the morning. I am so grateful Susan offered to help us save some of these buns.

It was indeed a rabbit mill - horrible mess and so many rabbits have suffered and are suffering because of it. If we had more time, more of these rabbits could have been saved.

Glad people are wanting to help - I hope a lot of these rabbits got pulled but I am not sure. I know rabbit rescue has been hard at work getting as many out as they could.

My thanks to Sas and Haley for contacting Ontario members and getting word out.

Will update as we get further info, on our buns, or the situation if we can.

I have to run out the door (for rabbit food, of course), but Luna21 has offered to take some in and Nadia may be able to help... among others..

Hope that gets followed up.

Would be nice to get some of the ones still in danger out. :(

sas

O.K. quick update - still trying to get outside to do chores! The SPCA will be transporting 2 mamas and their babies about 22+ rabbits to Susan tomorrow if all goes well, and then we'll work on getting them from Susan to us. At least these lives along with all the buns Rabbit rescue took in and other people & shelters were able to be saved.

Bah, I wish there was more time to figure this out. I can't keep any bunnies myself, but I am available to help with any transports if anyone else needs. I can drive to Barrie no problem and I have room to keep some buns for a short time if it's needed.

:(

Nadia

Nad, you should get with Susan and see if maybe she needs help getting them to her place and set up? I know she was going to have to make the drive today by herself.

You guys are awesome for offering to help :)

this is f****** ridiculous !!!!!!

SPCA should have better organized this!!!

Why in the world wouldn't SPCA give those bunnies more time?!:X:grumpy::tantrum:

All that praying didn't work this time, I guess.

It's very sad. :crazinessSPCA SUCKS:banghead

...they didn't even give those bunniesa chance.

they should have started euthanizing the people responsible for this!!!!!!

I received your PMs. I really wish I could've helped, I'm off work this week but I'm babysitting 24/7 all week:( I wouldn't have been able to take any in, but I wish I could've helped transport. I'm really sorry.

OK so I just made 2 Blankets (fleece & flannelette) for the Momas and the babies.

We're leaving in about 5 minutes.

Susan:)

UPDATE:

I have contacted Rosalind at Rabbit Rescue Canada, she sent me this message:

Yes, they are still desperate for help. Some have already been euthanized and more will be everyday.

Where are you located? If nearer to Barrie you should contact their SPCA to offer more help. Some buns went there and the more that move out the more that can be saved.

If you are nearer TO and would like to foster/adopt through Rabbit Rescue then let me know and I will send you the applications.

THanks!
Rosalind

Contact info:

http://www.rabbitrescue.ca

[email protected]

phone#: 905-875-4343

SPCA Barrie branch(they havea large amount of bunnies!):

91 Patterson Road, Barrie ON L4N 3V9

http://www.barrie.ontariospca.ca

[email protected]

Barrie branch
phone#: 705-728-7311

OMG they are here. I think they are both Flemish Giants. One has lots of babies all colours. They other is all white with all white babies.

I have to go give them water. I'll be back with a few questions.

ADORABLE that's all I can say!!!

Susan:)

Back