Emergency help needed ONTARIO TRANSPORT, TEMP FOSTER, ADOPTIONS, ANYTHING

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Donna. That's a great name.

I gues it would be useless to put a litterbox in with them?

Susan:)

If you have one, Id put down litterboxes. It will make cleanup a little easier.

Those pics are beautiful. How long are they staying with you Susan?

I have them till Sunday. They are so cute. I picked a couple of them up. It was a real challenge trying to get the dirty towels out. Mama didn't want to come out and when she got close to me I got scared she's so big. I know I'm a real sissy, Chris said "Oh just go pick her up" Yeah right.:craziness

Susan:)

Yes for the litter box! Some of my foster litters where messy, others picked up litter training by 6 weeks old. You have to clean with vinegar many times a day to help them get in the habit. Have the entire cage, everything but the litter boxes, absolutely clean.

I found a giant litter box that has enough space to hang a hay rack, water bottle and food dishes in worked well. Here's a picture of my old set up, it worked pretty well. I made a single large litter box not to long after these pictures, it was easier to clean.

If you use blankets or towels, make sure you have enough that you can switch them out daily, if not more than once a day for cleaning. Otherwise they will get quite stinky...

--Dawn

I always lose faith in humanity, and then people like everyone who did what they could to help these poor rabbits come along...and my faith is restored. REST ASSURED, it will be ripped from me once again real soon! But for right now, this makes my heart smile.

Peg -- The little black flemmie baby reminds me of a baby Tiny...:) :pink iris:

I wonder....:ponder:

Tracy

Oh man the little gray baby and Mama are tugging at my heart. I wish things were different.

wow, all those pictures...---ADORABLE---, cuteness overload ;).

PLEASE DON'T FORGET:

they still need a lot of help!

Also, there is a large number of Bunnies at the Barrie Branch, up for adoption, guys.

All the contact info is listed on page 2, before all the cute pictures :D

:help http://www.rabbitrescue.ca

phone#: 905-875-4343

:helpSPCA Barrie Branch

phone#:705-728-7311

Coco is right, all the rabbits Susan is fostering for us are SAFE they all will be provided for for the rest of their lives. The rabbits still in Barrie and with other rescues and shelters are still in danger and still do not have forever homes, so if you want to help, please do so. There are lots of New Zelands and Flemish Giants still in danger.

hi everybody!

Rabbit Rescue Canada, Haviva and Rosalind, are still working hard.

Yes, they still need a lot of help, anything!

So does the SPCA Barrie Branch!!!

phone#: 705-728-7311

---Montreal SPCA and Quebec Rabbit Rescue Group have offered to help as well---

again I URGE anyone who can help to do so. These babies are adorable - But SAFE. There were over 26 nursing mothers there, and most of them have been put to sleep. There are dozens of young rabbits, and adults. All Flemish Giants, New Zelands, Californians and other breeds that need HELP. The rabbits at Susans are some of the very lucky ones we were able to pull. My heart is breaking and Kevin and I haven't slept worrying about all the rabbits that have been put to sleep because they couldn't be helped and all the ones still at risk. Kevin was trying to figure out how we could take them ALL. Which of course is impossible. But so many rabbits have been needlessly bred and now euthanized because of someones unkind heart. This happens everyday. Like rabbit rescue said, they get calls like this every week.

That is why we provide Sanctuary. Rescue is a difficult business. If any one can help even one rabbit, or adopt one Flemish Giant, please contact rabbit rescue. Transport is never impossible and can often be worked out.

I am so grateful to Sas, and RO, and Susan & her husband for making it possible to pull these two families. I am so relieved that they are safe and always will be now. But so many other rabbits need your help.

www.rabbitrescue.ca

Sorry for going on and on! We haven't slept in days and our hearts are breaking that we cannot do even more.

Donna

I was wondering:

Is there any way to put an Alert about this on goingRabbit Rescue on the frontpage of RO?

That way,everybody gets aware of it right away......:idea

Hi Donna,

I have just read your post above...this whole case is just heartbreaking. If there was a way, I would take them all, if only temp, just to have them all safe.

SPCA was not organized on this, they could have done things very differently. Especially on the time issue. Then they went ahead, and started euthanizing really quick, not even give some bunnies the time they deserved.SPCA are actually keeping really hush about all of this.

It's just not the bunnies fault. It's mean people doing this. It makes me so mad!!!

The world needs an update:

Bunnies are NOT Livestock, meat or fur!!!

Bunnies are the BEST, and they make great pets; and they shouldn't be out there in some outdoor cage :(

If people would only understand...

Kevin should keep on thinking...:caffeine...,

maybe he'll come up with something !!! :yes: :headsmack !!!

Nicole;...myself need...:caffeine...

aurora369 wrote:
I found a giant litter box that has enough space to hang a hay rack, water bottle and food dishes in worked well.

Dawn's right on this one- when I had babies at my place I had as many litterboxes as I could manage in there with them. At least then most of the pee will go in there. The babies tend to pee and poop where they eat so putting hay and pellets where they can be reached from the litterbox is a great idea.

You should use that huge tupperware you use for the snow, Susan. That would work great.

Hi Everyone!

I am new to this website, but I got the website off bunspace while working on this problem. I volunteer for the Quebec Rabbit Rescue group in Montreal, and we are also working on getting some bunnies out of there! The Montreal SPCA is also planning on taking a few. It is only a few....but hey, we are saving a few more lives. This is very sad :(

Bye for now,

Mandy

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

A montrealer!!! Hi Mandy, I am Sophie, I help with the placing ads and have fostered for the SPCA :biggrin2:I am looking forward to seeing those buns get placed!

These babies and the Mommas are so darn cute. I only wish I had lots of money and more room, I would definitely take a couple in. But I'm at least helping this Beautiful Bunch out.

I woke up this morning to very hungry & thirsty White Bunnies. Wow they are little piggies. I had their bowl full of pellets and they were all gone this morning. They drink alot too. This mommie let me give her nose a little pet. I did notice on one her ears a little chunk was missing. It actually looked like a teeth/mouth bite.

Mommie Flemish aka Miracle (which I'm calling her) doesn't seem as skiddish today. I'm waiting for my friend to come over to help me change the sheets again. Too many babies for one person to watch and do work.

I also bought them new fleece blankets and matching towels:crazinesswhich of course will be going to their forever home with them. I did pick up some Alfalfa Hay for them. I'm mixing it with the Timothy. I hope that's OK.

Susan

:)

Latest posts

Back