Emergency help needed ONTARIO TRANSPORT, TEMP FOSTER, ADOPTIONS, ANYTHING

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what a beautiful bunny you have :), her markings are adorable.

I really like her all white whiskers :bunnyheart, and she's totally tame!

thank you = ) she has a lot of fans because of her "cheeky" personality = ) She's still tearing up carpet and has her wild streak, but I wouldn't change a thing about her = )

I just read this entire post and I am so sad. We live here in the Detroit area and we have four buns now, space is limited as we live in a finished off basement, my girlfriend and I would adop 20 more if we had an entire house to ourselves, but mom and sister have the rest of the house and they have a dog.
Oh how I wish we could take more, I really want a flemish too, but my partner says we certainly don't have the space for a bun that big with four already here? What do you all think? Could we make room for one more? How we would get it here, we are on disability here and could not afford transport. I also worry that there will be fights and injuries, we just got our Blakes staples out from a fight he had with one of our other boys.
Is it possible? If they do not get along I do not have the room to keep them seperate, they would all have to get along.
Any ideas, I would love to help.
Oh is Krista going to go over the deep end when I bring this up tomorrow, she gets mad because she says that's enough, but then when I say one needs to be saved she gets mad cause she can't say no.

Any ideas would be great.

Dawn

We have one Flemish Giant here at the shelter, and about a dozen applications for him.

I mentioned to my SPCA about this rabbit situation at the Ontario SPCA, and they said they'll see if they can fly in a few of these Flemishes from the Ontario SPCA to the Vancouver SPCA.

The chances are slim though =[

Maybe if you get some flow into BCSARC BC might be able to take some. They are quite a large rabbit rescue in BC if I am not mistaken and might be willing to help.

Its worth looking into. As for the flying I had attempted to send one of our darlings to BC and they can accompany someone on the flight for $50 if they are in a cat carrier. I am not sure of freight costs however.

These rabbits are simply ADORABLE. They are little piggies though drinking tons of water and eating pellets.

I've given the 2 Mothers a little bit of greens they love them.

The white mother is so lovely, she comes right to the door and lets you pet her lots. Chris has really fallen hard for her, so have I for that matter.

Susan:)

Hi Susan and Group!

We have 26 of these bunnies coming to Montreal today, including two females, likely pregnant.

Are the adults responding well to greens? I would imagine they have never seen a carrot or lettucebefore, and would have to be introduced VERY slowly.

We are eagerly awaiting their arrival!

Mandy

They seem to be OK with the greens. I'm just giving small amounts of Parsley and Dill. Of course the babies are getting none. I'm real careful when I give the greens that none of it falls so the babies can grab it.

Susan:)

OH MY GOD!!! Am I too late? I have an empty barn AND HUGE empty chicken coup I can donate the space! I live on 10 acres of land.....I can also provide transportation. I have family in Pickering Ontario which is right next to Ajax..and I live in Caledon Ontario!!! Is it too late?? :-( I'm going to go back and read all the posts now.

Ok I just spoke with a nice lady from the Barrie shelter and she said she'd call me back with more info...she was like "We have horses too " I'mthinking--what the heck I'll take those too!lol! I'm biting off more than I can chew so I think I'll stick with the bunnies for now! I'm so excited...6 months pregnant and BORED to death..I've got nothing but time on my hands :biggrin2: Is this what they call maternal instinct? ---the cute thing is that my unborn baby's name is NOAH! He's not out of the womb yet and is already making mommy save animals!

Aww Im so happy you got our PMs stopwar!!! Let us know how things go and if you take some in.

Its just fate that youre getting Noah's little ark all ready for him ;)

all I know is, Rabbit Rescue Canada are VERY desperate for any help, and there should be a large number of the Barrie seized bunnies at the Barrie Branch SPCA!!!

Here is some contact Info:

I have contacted Rosalind at Rabbit Rescue Canada, she sent me this message:

Yes, they are still desperate for help. Some have already been euthanized and more will be everyday.

Where are you located? If nearer to Barrie you should contact their SPCA to offer more help. Some buns went there and the more that move out the more that can be saved.

If you are nearer TO and would like to foster/adopt through Rabbit Rescue then let me know and I will send you the applications.

THanks!
Rosalind

Contact info:

http://www.rabbitrescue.ca

[email protected]

[email protected]

pls e-mail BOTH!

phone#: 905-875-4343

SPCA Barrie branch (they havea large amount of bunnies!):

91 Patterson Road, Barrie ON L4N 3V9

http://www.barrie.ontariospca.ca

[email protected]

Barrie branch
phone#: 705-728-7311

I contacted rabbit rescue via email and just waiting for a reply. Something I found quit odd though was that the lady I spokewith on the phone at the Barrie shelter didn't consider it a crisis. Huh? I'm confused.

stopwarownarabbit wrote:
I contacted rabbit rescue via email and just waiting for a reply. Something I found quit odd though was that the lady I spokewith on the phone at the Barrie shelter didn't consider it a crisis. Huh? I'm confused.
I'm confused too, that's just strange... :expressionless

TinysMom wrote:
Is there any way to get any of them into the US? Or do they all have to stay in Canada?

Just wondering...

Peg

It shouldn't be a problem to get them into the US!

Check with your Border Crossings!

***The regulations on bringing a bunny rabbit over the border as a pet, are fairly relaxed***

Hi Everyone,

I have handled some adoptions into the USAfrom Canadaand as long as the rabbit is being imported as a pet, you should be fine. No shots or documentation is required. I would still speak with your border crossing agent just to be sure. Also, make sure you get the name of the person you spoke to, in case the guy at the drive up window gives you a hard time. The regulations are also printed on the United States Border Crossing Service. Here is the link. If you are planning on importing a bunny, I suggest printing this document, bring itwith you,and you should be fine!

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/toolbox/publications/travel/pets_wild.ctt/pets.pdf

Back