Edmonton Humane Society

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this one.

x37dcg.jpg

And I'll take the white lop from this group. I would love to have another lop.

2lufbc6.jpg

But I really want an E-Lop
moz-screenshot-5.jpg
moz-screenshot-6.jpg

Gosh...I can't wait til we're moved, Danny has a job, and the buns are ready for more family!!

Stan...will they neuter any bucks I really want to adopt? It's really important, as I have a policy that I want to only adopt neutered boys at this point. Do you think if they knew they had someone interested in adopting, say... Canada, but would rather he be neutered (and the person has no problem paying more for him...I noticed that price change) that they would neuter him?

SOOOSKA wrote:
Stan you are killing me with Cuteness.
I want this one.

Careful for what you wish for.
Some of these babies are very fragile and living in a desperate situation.
I have found some of them don't make it. :cry1:

15hgy0y.jpg

When I come in to feed them, they all push out to the front of the cage for their food. :(

1zcmmow.jpg

The baleofhay I brought in is already gone.

1zvskk1.jpg

These babies are still on hold in the backbecause of their age and weight.

10p9kih.jpg

This one you wantis having problems. :pray:

Ohh my gosh..those sweet babies

15hgy0y.jpg

oh my goodness

1zcmmow.jpg

Wow,so many little babies.....makes me just wanna wrap them all up in my arms and hold them tight.

TreasuredFriend wrote:
what do you mean living in a desperate situation
The shelter will never put an animal down if it ishealthy andwell. They will keep it until it is adoptedbut with the seer number of rabbits they have,staff could only do so much. Many many not get the attention theymight need. It takes a person a whole day to clean the cages and feed the rabbits. With the babies, their cages are messy as soon as it is cleaned.

I will pm you with more details.

Stan.

wow there are so many beautiful bunnies, a few of them i think i might have fallen in love with as well. if i had more room...id have to make a trip to canada.

beautiful facility too, i dont know of many shelters like that around here

TreasuredFriend wrote:
keep us posted with photos or messages. You're an angel Volunteer that all the rabbits can look up to!
Aw thanks Julie. All the credit should go to those who make the commitment to go out and adopt a bunny or two. I am only the messenger who is able to share all the photos and stories of the bunnies needing a home.

Here are four more bunnies getting their final check before they go home with their new owners.

51tr1u.jpg

Making sureit is theright rabbitonthe record sheet.

10zpk4i.jpg

Getting the final weight.

nwngw9.jpg

These two in the carry box are going homewith afamily with children (boy and girl).
The father was going to a pet shop when he remembered there was rabbits at the shelter.
As a bonus, they got two bunnies for the price of one.

i6clsn.jpg

Making sure he is a boy.

2hi11so.jpg

Ready to go.

its just sad that there are so many rabbits/dogs/cats/ect in the shelter. i really think that not enough people are educated about spaying/nuetering, plus for rabbits its just as expensive as for a dog or cat and people see them as a cage pet like a hamster. plus them being irresponsiible...

and sadly, people would rather spend money on a new road or big building than build a nice shelter like this--including even the goverment.

This thread was amazing how your shelter has taken on so many bunnies and so many finding homes. What a facility it's fantastic! Those baby bunnies were very tempting.

Congrats Luvabun on adopting George!

The number of adoptions have dropped. Some days people come in to view the rabbits, but nonehave found a newhome. There are new stray rabbits turned in that I notice right away, because I am familiar with most of rabbits there. Igo tothe shelter 3 times a week, and my wife comes out with me on Saturdays to help feed the bunnies.Everytime I am there, I want to take one home.:(
There are so many pictures and stories, but I am so busy with the rabbits.

Most ofthe babies are available for adoption, but I don't think they are shown on the website.
Anyways they are always the first to get taken.

2inf2w.jpg

Back