Edmonton Humane Society

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even my wife gets attached to the bunnies. Here is one of her favorites.

avio1z.jpg

35knc4w.jpg

2w5ls9l.jpg

AWW!! Too cute!! What a little sweetie...

I would say "we should visit the Humane Society soon"...but you know what that'll bring...lol!!

I'm hoping soon to at least have all the materials here so we can build our four their cages! We have to get something to protect the carpet (they're all nicely litterbox trained...but it's a just-in-case thing, like if they get the runs, or something), and we have to buy new pegboard and many more zip/cable ties. :)

After their cages are built, and they're settled, we'll be heading over to check on Canada!! I would LOVE it if he could get neutered before we adopt him...it would make things SO MUCH EASIER on us! Do you know if that's possible, Stan??

I am not sure what they are doing about fixing bunnies at the moment. Right now they are busy doing surgerywith the cats at the shelter. Usually all the female animals get fixed first.

Here is another picture of Canada.

2d974oy.jpg

Pet_Bunny, are the numbers in their ears written there by the shelter staff. I guess that sounds dumb. They'd need to identify all the surrenders. Do you have any idea of how many rabbit surrenders they are up to? From July 6th post... 1389-?? in the ear of the little reddish one your wife was getting attached to, or holding.

TreasuredFriend wrote:
Pet_Bunny, are the numbers in their ears written there by the shelter staff. From July 6th post... 1389-?? in the ear of the little reddish one
Yes,every animal that gets admitted is given an ID number, and all the infois recorded to it.

rvvl7d.jpg

It looks like her number was ID #17891.

LuvaBun wrote:
One of the bunnies they showed looked very much like the little black one you fostered (either Mary or Jane).

The shelterlists herasMary, butthat is my Twinkle Toes on TV. :D

2kpkwp.jpg

Picture of Mary (Twinkle Toes) taken on Jan.24 out for her run.

Edit: Jane (Twinkle Nose) was already adopted (Jan.15).

I just adopted Winston from there yesterday. I want Poplar as well but I think I might need to wait for him for a month or two :(
I heard they were at capacity for rabbits but I had no idea they had that many.

Thanks for giving Winston a new home and welcome to the site! Make sure you post some pics. How I wish I lived nearby. Love the one that looks like a panda bear.

Stan, did they say why those guys kept all the buns in an abandon bus?

Aww I will definitely be adopting any of my buns that I get from the Edmonton Humane Society once we get there. I was looking at the website at all the ones you have available the other day. But I must say the one that is your wife's favourite that you have in the pics above is absolutely adorable!! :inlove:

Since the shelter started fixing the rabbits, 4 bunnies were adopted today. :bunnydance:

I saw two of them go home with their newfamilies. I found out that Mary (one of my fosters) was adopted, but she is on hold as she is waiting for her spay.

2cpxs3l.jpg

This is her out for a little run.

There's my little man! He looks so handsome there. I'm getting so excited for him to come home. I'm glad to hear more bunnies got adopted. I hope Peach and Mandarin find homes too, I wanted them too XD

I have some good news though. My fourth foster, Midnight was adopted yesterday!

1149_302142_020000000.jpg

I took him home and fostered him at the beginning of March, when he was about to be euthanized.
I had him for about 10 days and returned him as a happy and content bunny.
Now he is adopted andhas a newforever home.

Back