Edmonton Humane Society

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is today's featured bunny on TV.

25uim8n.jpg

wvwinm.jpg

29auqnl.jpg

The peace officer had just returned from the TV station.

This is George again. She was just put out for adoption on Tuesday. She is so sweet and she is a kisser. She kept licking my hand when I reached into her cage.

f4g2o8.jpg

Dang it, Ali!! She showed me this page...and now I'm in love with a boy named Canada. BUT...I want to read more about things first...and it would be at least two months before we could adopt another bun, due to the fact that we aren't moving until the 27th of this month, and Danny needs to get a job, and the buns and kitties need to be all settled in before introducing another bun. The list goes on...

But...Canada...what a perfect name, given our just moving here and loving Canada so much...and he's so cute!!

CanadaBunny.jpg

Here's the page he's on, but I'm not sure it'll come up the way I'm viewing it:

http://www.edmontonhumanesociety.com/index.php?option=com_adoptions&view=details&adoptionid=17042&Itemid=6

Edited to add: Oh my gosh!! So many cute faces! I'm gonna have to meet these cuties in person! Maybe I can figure out a way to get over to the shelter to volunteer. I'm sure they need people...right? :D

Well, we just got back from a spur-of-the-moment visit to the Edmonton Humane Society, and we had a nice time!

I broke down upon seeing a couple Trixie bunnies, so I'm not anywhere near being able to adopt anyone for a while (not to mention, we're not in any situation to be able to yet...I want to move, have everyone settled in, and have Teddy and Cinnamon "fixed" before we adopt).

What a BEAUTIFUL facility, though! It was really gorgeous, and each type of animal had its own perfectly suited area to live in. The kitties have social rooms where they hang out in a big group, and there are tons of toys, places to jump up, places to climb. It was great!

Not to mention, people are allowed to go into these rooms and socialize with them, which the kitties obviously LOVED.

There were all sorts of really neat things about the building. I really loved visiting! :D

Once we get a second vehicle, I'll want to volunteer a couple days a week. I also wanted to take Em along to help, but they have an age limit on volunteers of, I believe, 13yrs...so that's something that can't be done right now. Maybe I can arrange to do it while Em's at school, or some such. :)

Wow...really neat experience...and the buns look really content! And they're SO CUTE!! Canada was so much more gorgeous in person. And there was a broken tort lop there that had ears that looked as if the bun had been in a tussle at one point...I so badly wanted to take that bun and Canada home! Such adorable sweeties!

Oh...and just to clarify...we didn't go to the Edmonton Humane Society to adopt anyone, or even for a perspective adoption. I wanted to go to see how I would react to the buns there, and if I was even close to being able to adopt anyone anytime soon.

The fact is, too, that we have Elvis to fly home...and then neuter. And it would be handy to have that happen beforehand, too.

BUT...I had a great time there, and really loved seeing those cute little faces. Not just the buns, but the doggies & kitties, too! :D

The differences between this place, and the shelter we visited in California...they're like night and day!!

Man I wish I lived nearby as I want a friend for Delilah. Why oh why do I have to live so far away :( Such cute bunnies!

maherwoman wrote:
Wow...really neat experience...and the buns look really content! And they're SO CUTE!! Canada was so much more gorgeous in person.

Canada is that way ...

20r8dqa.jpg

2wrg9yr.jpg

Nope, my ear doesn't hurt, you should of seen the other bunny.

Oh my gosh, Stan. He is just SPLENDID. I perceived a really gentle personality with that sweetheart (Canada), and with a name like that, how could I not fall for him?!

I hope he's still there once we've moved and are ready to adopt. He's so wonderful...

:pleaseplease:

Oh...by the way...I went to your vet's today, Stan, to buy some Oxbow food (because we were out, and the food we've ordered will be a couple weeks yet. They have a kitty that hangs out on the counter, a bit out-of-the-way of the area most people occupy when they're there to pay, and such. I was all happy to see such a pretty calico girl, so Em and I went over to pet her...and she seemed all happy to be loved on. The lady at the front desk said, "Be careful...sometimes she nips a bit when you pet her." So, I figure the lady wanted to just warn us she might nibble, or whatever, and we kept petting the kitty. Then the kitty flat out attacked my hand! Grabbed on, bit as hard as she could, and wouldn't let go!! I had to pry open her jaws and pull her head off me!! Man, my hand hurts now...and I was shocked! Here, I was expecting a little nibble...and she wanted to take a chunk outta my hand! LOL!

Interesting experience. My kitties are really well trained, so they never do things like that. If they ever play with us, we've trained them to play with their claws in, so they don't hurt us...and they know not to bite. I think this experience was the first I've had with a kitty that meant business! ACK!

I'll think twice before petting that beautiful girl again! LOL!

Some Breaking News...

180 rabbits were turned in to the shelter yesterday. Many of them are very young or still babies. These are from the samehome that had the surrenderonMay 23. Lucky thisshould be thelast of these rabbits from that place.

While I was at the shelter today, I saw a number of the new rabbits get adopted. People are picking the youngest ones because of the cuteness factor. I think a staff member is getting one too.

There is a very good news story today. However I will let another member make the announcement. ;)

zopbq.jpg

I looked and looked for Canada, but couldn't find him. I must of missed him in the hordes of bunnies in the cages, because he is still on the adoption list. I'll have towait till they update the website.

With so many bunnies, it took a staff member over 8 hours cleaning out cages. By the time she finished the last one, the first cage was messy and soiled again. With this new shelter, it was possible to take in all these bunnies.

I can't believe all these bunnies are homeless! They are soooo cute! Poor babies!

Canada is a real sweetie. I hope you can take him Rosie.

Numbat wrote:
I can't believe all these bunnies are homeless! They are soooo cute! Poor babies!

Canada is a real sweetie. I hope you can take him Rosie.
I really hope I'm able to take him, too. I can see his sweetness. :)

Either way, though...I'll be happy if he finds a home before we can provide him with one. He's got my heart, so I'd love for him to have a happy home, even if that home isn't with us. :)

I know we'll find some sweeties in the future. I can just feel it. :)

Back