Clover Most likely a BOY!!!???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:pray:

SO upset to see this! Poor Clover. You are both in my thoughts. I'll hope for the very best for her!

I'm going to move this to the infirmary now. I sort of have my brain functioning again (when I posted this originally I was a complete mess!)and I will be posting a photo. I had left this for the other mods/admin to talk about cause I was just too upset to even think of talking on the main forum.

I still think it's a hernia or something as I don't feel any little lumps in the mass. I would assume I'd feel testicles if this is a scrotal sack.

Clover is doing fine right now. Happy, eating, snorting when I turned her over..... LOL

Well, it will appear to be a scrotum if I'd guess, but it's directly above the vent instead of being along the sides I would say..... The color also bothers me since it's so dark. ANyone have any males with this look? Here is the first photo. I labeled it so that you can tell you are looking up towards her head (we cover it so she is less scared) and you'll see how the hip on the left is tipped inward.

DSC00004.jpg

Here is a photo from above..... which again seems to look like a boy, but it's just not like Tony's privates......

DSC00005.jpg

and just because we love her...... here's a photo of her face. She looks pretty healthy don't you think?

DSC00012.jpg

and this shows you how tiny she is...... my hands are normal woman's hands...
DSC00014.jpg

Thank you :hug:

It's so strange. I think I'd have known if it were boy parts.... it's just hard to tell since there's a leg twisted in.

As hard as it is, I am trying to tell myself that Clover has lived 3 years more than she would have... and she's lived very well. BUT, that's one of my babies.

I am so sorry Bo i really hope it is nothing at all. Hugs to you and to clover.

She (?) is so pretty! I really wish the second Photo was clearer. It very well could be a scrotum sack,but Cottontails are not known for being so "well-endowed". Just wondering if both testicles got pushed together (due to the bad hip). And why would they descend now, at this age?

Any chance you could get a local vet (or experienced vet tech) to stop by and see her at home?

The second pic really looks like testicles to me, but I don't have a lot of experience with unaltered bunnies. I really hope that's what it is... She is very pretty (handsome?). I agree that a vet would be best able to tell.

Cathy, that's exactly what I thought... maybe it was both, but I really think it's a hernia.

It very well could have been there for a while. She shed the hair over it and we had noticed something there a couple of months ago - but again, we hardly ever turn her over.... probably only a handful of times. I feel her leg to make sure it's not rubbing/sore and let her be.

I might see if I can't find someone with more experience.... but I think right now I'll just watch her. There's no way she could go through surgery.

:pray: ... as long as she is comfortable, happy, not in pain (and still eating, pooping, peeing, etc.) I think it bears watching. She wouldn't handle a vet office or surgery... even if it was a hernia, it would be difficult to repair on her. Hugs to her and you.

I really cannot see the lump well enough to be able to determine anything.I don't think a vet would be upset that you had a cottontail . Animal control (here) would be but I don't think the vets wouldn't particularly since you've had her so long

Clover is beautiful

Are you sure that it's not just testicles.?? I looked at the first pic again and where the area pointed looks like a testicle; the can suck them up so they almost disppear or else when they are engorged they are big....and brownish reddish colored.

They do turn dark like that? It is nearly directly above the vent area. If it is testicles (and I would think that it is both smooshed together, they are slightly misplaced. However, that's not so strange since her/his leg is so displaced.

Our vet is... Very very *legal* about wild animals. It's well-known through her group. Maybe I can find someone who could see her tho. I am pretty good about looking at boys but this is a real hard case.

If she/he tucked his nads that long.... I'm gonna kick his little furry butt! LOL!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
They do turn dark like that? It is nearly directly above the vent area. If it is testicles (and I would think that it is both smooshed together, they are slightly misplaced. However, that's not so strange since her/his leg is so displaced.

If she/he tucked his nads that long.... I'm gonna kick his little furry butt! LOL!

Yeah, they can be pretty dark colored. (Will try to get a photo of one of my boys later).

Awww... don't kick his widdle furry butt!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eopKktnNRbU[/ame]

Video showing a pre-neuter check. Very clear shots of the testicles. Hope this helps.

We need to keep that video in our library! Great one.

Well, I know what they look like cause Tony has them... but instead of them being *next to* the vent area... this is almost directly above it.... however.... I'm guessing Clover is a boy.

Latest posts

Back