Clover Most likely a BOY!!!???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope it's just boy parts! Here's a pretty clear picture of Takumi's testicles before his neuter, does it look like this?

0119092229.jpg

Actually, it's not on either side, but more on the opposite side. The thing that got to me is how dark it is... and how pink Tony's usually are.

I got to thinking..... maybe the other side is up above the hip? Her..... errrr His... hip literally lays into the body from what we see.....

I have only had experience with domestic boys and their bits, and it does look like a testicle but i dont know anything about wild rabbits. She is very beautiful. What does it feel like? does it feel sort of like a small egg in a sock??
I would have thought abcesses and lumps of any kind that have grown would be furry as they would grow from the inside and just push the fur out sort of thing. Has it actually come out of her tummy somewhere x Reall stupid question but it couldnt be a swollen nipple? Or disfigured one. The only non furry bits are their nipples or testicles i think x Good luck hope you find out soon and all is well xxx

Well, that's part of the dilemma. It feels full instead of soft and no bean in a sock sort of thing. However, if it is a testicle or both - with Clover's situation it might feel that way.

I guess we won't know unless I have someone look at her. It's not uncommon for tumors to have no fur.

Oh i suppose if they were damaged testicles though ( i am new so dont know clovers full story here but guessing she had some damage as a baby) they may be sort of hardened and if they were retained they could have just fallen down.
Abcesses have that definate feel that you could move the stuff inside like a toothpaste tube dont they.
You are prob right though in that someone would need to look at it for full decision.
Maybe if it has dropped that would account for her feeling off colour but now it is out it may not affect her at all.
Is she still seeming brighter and her usual self. In therory if it feels seperate internally then it shouldnt spread and if she is ok in herself now could cause no problem. Poor bunny, if only they could talk to us. She might be saying," i am a boy mum and i have been holiding these up here to keep up the pretence for too long now i just had to let go." "lets just pretend like it never happened" :)

LOL That's about like her!

She is a wild cottontail that my sister's dog grabbed as a little baby. She did very well considering she had a puncture to her thigh, an abscess formed down the back of her leg and of course.... being a cottontail.

She also had a hip that didn't fuse? or something and it lays inward. You'd never know other than how her leg lays and she is tinier than other cottontails (we think now that it could be that her metabolism is *off* since I fed her how I did as a baby).... Here is a good example of her leg.... She lifts it, cleans it and even thumps with it! She's speedy on the bunny 500 track too!

CloverDress2.jpg

I'm hoping that it's just a silly old testicle! Dang it, Cwoverbunny! Why does your little anatomy have to be so confusing!

Good luck with her/him!

She/he is just so adorable! And so tiny!

From the picture it does kind of look like a testicle but I'm no expert and it's hard to make out for sure... :expressionless

How crazy would it be, if after ALL this time, she turned out to be a boy?!

Yes, she's only slightly bigger than a beanie baby from Ty. She has a puppy like one of those - she's beats him up regularly LOL!

If she is a he, it would be so freaky! I can't see her as a him now.

That gender fairy sure does like to play with my mind!

Clover is doing great.... you wouldn't know there was anything wrong. Her quietness stopped... last night at about 2 a.m. she decided to ring her bell over and over and over and over...... and over....

Bo B Bunny wrote:
LOL That's about like her!

She is a wild cottontail that my sister's dog grabbed as a little baby. She did very well considering she had a puncture to her thigh, an abscess formed down the back of her leg and of course.... being a cottontail.

She also had a hip that didn't fuse? or something and it lays inward. You'd never know other than how her leg lays and she is tinier than other cottontails (we think now that it could be that her metabolism is *off* since I fed her how I did as a baby).... Here is a good example of her leg.... She lifts it, cleans it and even thumps with it! She's speedy on the bunny 500 track too!

CloverDress2.jpg
OMG cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pennie, I hope it is a testicle! How dark is it? It's hard to tell in that picture. Maybe you could get another photo? The other ones you posted are so clear! Don't know if this means anything or not, but Ned's testicles are really dark even though he's a light colored bun. I don't know if they were that color before he was neutered or not, but maybe some rabbits just have darker testicles/scrotums?

Darker colored rabbits, especially agoutis (like the American Cottontail) can have very dark brown or almost purple-ish black testicles. So that very well may be it. A clearer picture would be fantastic.

JimD wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:

" If I are a boy .... I will bites you for this !!! "

~ sending prayers and good thoughtHe wants to know what the girlie clothing is all about
he will bite you for dressinghim up so feminine in polka dots rather than jeans and a t shirt :shock:I think there is gender confusion here !!!

im sorry to hear about this. i also remember when clover was a boy.

i personally see normal male bunny bits down there. but the photos are a little rough so i can't be sure

if you can't find a vet that will check it out, then what about a breeder? an experianced one will be able to check for the penis, or you could try to check it for yourself. i don't know if wild bunnies look the same down there as domesticated bunnies. but its worth a shot!

http://www.debmark.com/rabbits/sexing.htm

Latest posts

Back