Classroom Pet (Need help now:( )

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK- So no PETA!! I'm going to attempt to contact the media thanks too Kelton B, thank you so much!!! I guess I'll send what I sent to ASPCA?

I would stay local. Peta, ASPCA and HSUS are large corporations. They would rather profit off your case if they gave it any attention at all.

Contact the news links someone shared, you're better off getting a response from them.

I would also post something on Facebook. Maybe even start a page dedicated to the animals of the school?
Facebook campaigns are very popular and have been known to get results as well.

I'm so glad you're going to take a stand for those animals (which by the way is BS and that is way too many!) tell us what happens though!!!! :) you go girl!

Local is good, but ASPCA and HSUS may also be a good idea. They are big but often work in concert with local law enforcement to have "boots on the ground." You can also call the police department's non-emergency number, or their animal control number. Every county handles animal control/care differently, so I don't know how it works where you are.

You might consider contacting the Los Angeles branch of the SPCA. They have a law enforcement division and investigate neglect and cruelty cases. They even have a Tipline...

http://spcala.com/aps/crueltytipline.php

If you want to go with a 'softer' approach first, to see if it works, I would contact the local news media. A call to the School Board might bring some action, too.

I've contacted the los angeles spca; the media and everything and now i'm waiting to see for any responses.. hope it works!

Nothing has happened but I've started a petition at school which has gotten school council worried.

You know the saying, 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease'. Just keep making a fuss, eventually someone will take notice and then more people will. When enough people start getting on them about it, they will have to take action. Use social media, use facebook. Have pictures that clearly show the poor condition of the animals

If you get a facebook group up and post the link here, a lot of us will join it and share it with rabbit organizations we have on facebook. You could get a ton of support just from a facebook page here.
I've got several years community organizing experience. PM me if you want some tips/techniques. :)

Thank you for stepping in and standing up for what's right. It makes me so mad when people do this kind of disgusting thing. I hope that all those animals get out of there and get to good homes. I agree with Acacia-Berry you should get the media involved.

Has it been pointed out to the teacher that the rabbit is clearly suffering and is likely going to DIE if something isn't done immediately? That teacher is a horrible role model. I can't believe your local humane society isn't doing anything!

Perhaps if people on this thread started calling the School they might take action? They are on twitter and Facebook.
http://www.nhhs.net/
There is a link to email the agriculture teacher under "departments & sections".

Last edited:
If the class is affiliated with FFA contact them and see if they can do anything, go up the food chain. There is a "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
https://www.ffa.org/Pages/default.aspx

If I could like my own idea I would, this could be detrimental to the program if it got out that animals were being neglected. This might actually work to get them taken care of ASAP.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back