Classroom Pet (Need help now:( )

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just emailed the teacher. Basically I said that I'm concerned about Rosie and that she looks very unwell in her picture. I also strongly urged her to take the rabbit to the vet as it wouldn't look good for her as a role model and teacher to have animals die under her care due to apathy or neglect. I hit send, then thought shoot, I should've copied and pasted it here for you guys to read. Anyway, I hope it makes some difference and will let you know if she responds back!

Edit to add: I just checked my email inbox and it said that the email was delivered successfully so she will definitely see it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately it doesn't seem like only the bunny is being neglected, while it would be fantastic for Rosie to get treatment. I hope something is done for all of the animals under her care. In HS our Ag department raised steer, as students we never had to pay for their care. The department sounds poorly managed and in over its head with the menagerie of animals they have. What educational purpose does it serve having all those animals? Sounds like its the directors personal farm funded by the school and students.

You contacted the teacher? you mean ms. Krueger? I wanted to but I'm to afraid she'll know it's me due to my email being my name... But thank you so much for the help and support!

Animals need advocates, I never could figure out how people got away with starving and abusing animals. I am not sure where the loyalty comes in for those that do wrong in our society. The bunny and other animals at the school are in need of veterinary care and are being neglected and that is a crime in our country. The fact that this is happening at a high school program is even more disgusting! I did check the link for the email and it did go to Ms Kreuger I would be surprised if anything is done because people like that think they are not doing anything wrong. I was hoping to see an update she was taken to the vet. I am glad you posted in this forum because there are some of us who don't care about people's feelings when it comes to neglecting animals.

All of those animals deserve better than the conditions they are in.

I'm the same it's just that I'm 100% sure she would mark me with an F for doing what I'm doing. That's the thing I don't like about teachers..

You contacted the teacher? you mean ms. Krueger? I wanted to but I'm to afraid she'll know it's me due to my email being my name... But thank you so much for the help and support!

Yes, I contacted Ms. Krueger. I hope you don't get into trouble. I didn't say who showed me the picture so she shouldn't know it was you.

Another thing, I would think it to be very unintelligent for a teacher to give you a failing grade when all you're trying to do is save an animals life. I think that would be a very bad move on her part. I feel that you should keep trying. This isn't something that is just going to go away and in fact you may very well set a chain of events in motion that you should be prepared to carry forward. Do your parents support you in this? You may need their help and or advice on what you should do.

Also, out of curiosity, who cares for these animals on the weekend or holidays? I feel sad thinking about Rosie all by herself and sickly.

A guy comes in on the weekends to feed quickly and then leaves from what I know. My parents get angry at me for wanting to shut down an LAUSD class, etc. Which i'm not trying to do, just trying to let them have good conditions.
These rabbits are never fed hay. Only pellets. And rarely any veggies.
Only time they have hay is when they're having babies.
Recently we lost a pregnant female due to the heat. In north hollywood; it got up to 104ºF. They get nothing to cool them down except for a spray of water to the face. Which is horrible.
I'm trying so hard to get people to see that there living conditions are NOT ok

Please, you must go down to the animal humane society and show them the pictures. This is wayyy worse than I thought! And yes, start a Facebook page and encourage your classmates to support you!

Another thought; document in writing and all the pictures including the dates and times of when you took the pics so there is a solid history so you can prove what is occurring.

Ugh I feel sick about this...

Call your local newspaper or news channel...maybe they will be interested in this horrible story.

Is this the number you called? It's says they service North Hollywood and they're the animal cruelty prevention task force. My apologies to the mods if posting a website is against the rules...wasn't sure if its allowed? Sorry if not..

image.jpg

Yes that's who I called; I'll try calling again. Do hey have an email I can maybe send the photos throught there... I'm trying so hard to get these animals good homes..

I'm not sure but if you call them, they can let you know if there's an email.

The only animals that will cause any action to be taken is the sick and injured ones that have not received medical care. If they have access to food, water, and shelter they wont do much. Animal neglect does not seem to be a very high priority in CA. After doing a little research rabbits are considered livestock therefore the appropriate avenue to pursue is going through the department of agriculture. Here in AZ, neglect and abuse is taken very seriously but you do have to go through the appropriate channels. Try reaching out to this number and ask questions if they can't help you. They will likely send a state veterinarian to examine the condition of the animals.

United States Department of Agriculture
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services
Veterinary Services
10365 Old Placerville Road, Suite 210
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone: (916) 854-3950 phone
Fax: (916) 363-1125

This is sad and disgusting. This is what I recommend:

Do an internet search to find a local RABBIT RESCUE. Contact them with your story and pictures. Tell them you want the media involved. Ask if they are willing to contact the media regarding this. If not, try to contact another rescue. It's your best chance at publicity. I agree with prior poster that humane society/police won't do much if they are not sick/injured and in exceptionally deplorable conditions. Rabbit Rescue/media is your best route, IMO.

Hmmm well I contacted NBCUniversal the news channel; and they actually answered saying "THANK YOU FOR YOUR MESSAGE ALERTING KNBC TO THIS SITUATION. WE WILL CONTACT YOU DURING THE WEEK TO LOOK INTO THIS."

And it wasn't an automated message; and it had been forwarded to a bunch of the staff at KNBC; so maybe it got some interest.

May I ask what the second picture is? It looks like the rabbits are living in cages so I'm confused why the rabbit is on the ground. Also, if you want all animals to be helped I would gets pics of the goats and sheep, especially the one whose leg is injured or of the fighting.

Latest posts

Back