Chippy's got a lump (benign cystic teratoma.....extra ingrown mammary gland)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chippy was doing well, right up until the middle of last week.
You could hardly feel the cyst, and it wasn't showing signs of reforming.
Then I checked her this past Wednesday and I thought the cyst was a bit larger.
Thursday it was definitely getting bigger.
By Saturday it felt like it would need to be drained again.

We have an appointment this afternoon....it was supposed to be for just a followup, but kind of looks like he'll be aspirating it again.
I'll have to talk to him about the steroids and my concern over the way Chippy reacted after the last time using them.

:sigh:

I just thought of you and Chippy last night, Jim, since we've not heard a peep in a while (which I took as good news).

I'm sorry to learn that Chippy's lump has returned. :( But between all of uspulling for her :pray:andthe treatment(s)thatDr. C. can offer her, she has good options. :hug2:

DrC didn't drain it..... and is recommending surgery to attempt to remove it (again).
This time it would be a more aggressive laser surgery.
He wants to do it next week.

Surgery is scheduled for Sept 15.
They want me to drop her off in the morning and surgery will be sometime after 1pm.
I'll be able to pick her up about 5 or 6 pm.
Theyhave 24 hour attendants if they need to keep her overnight for any reason.

I've already started to worry.
:(

Meanwhile...back at the ranch....

Chippy is doing fine.
She LOVES the new routine of a bedtime Frootsy Loop.

When Babette was really sick continually from about last fall until early summer it was absolutely exhausting and depressing. I can honestly say that I was depressed the entire winter because I was so worried about her. I barely even made posts on RO.

Iguess what I'm saying is that I know how you feel about her and how hard this must be. :(

Jim I know you have the upmost confidence in your vet but have you thought of getting another opinion. There may be other treatment opinions that your vet may not aware of.

I drop Chippy off at 8am ESTtomorrow morning.

Surgery will be sometime after 1pm. Pickup will be sometime after 5pm.

I want her to have as clean an area as possible to recoup in.
I cleaned her cage last night and put it in storage.
She has her NIC pen (3X3) for now.
Hopefully she'll be okay without her cage, and then I can expand on her NIC setup.... (something I've been wanting to do for a while now).

I'll get some of her stuff together (ie; pellets, hay, treats, bowls, etc), and pack it in a bunnypack for her to have tomorrow.

I've got her carrier all prepared with blankies and a towel that have her scent on them.

I'll make sure I ask the vet for a detailed report....and pain meds.

I think I have everything else I need for "after care"....including my bunny room bedroll.

:tears2:

***in the lap of the gods now***

JimD wrote:
I think I have everything else I need for "after care"....including my bunny room bedroll.

:tears2:

***in the lap of the gods now***
:pray:

As we know, Chippy is both a lover and a fighter. I've confidence that she'll pull through this surgical experience with both pain meds. and your support. Of course, having another sleepover with you will be an added boon. :D

Jenk

Thanks, Jenk.

Jenk wrote:
Of course, having another sleepover with you will be an added boon. :D

Jenk

We're thinking about starting the sleepover tonight.

I had to clear a path through the buns room so the clothes dyer can be replaced tomorrow, so nowthere's more than enough room for me.

:pray:for you (Jim)and Chippy, that he makes it through the surgery with "Flying Colours".

I know how stressful it is for you, I think the waiting is the worst part.
hase166.gif

Susan
hase200.gif

PS

Have fun tonight with your Sleep Over.
hase287.gif

Prayers5-1.jpg

prayers and vibes to you.

I dropped her off at about 8:45am.

Usually she hides in the back of the carrier when you open the door.
However, when Iopened the carrierto say goodbye to her she tried to climb into my arms...:(

All surgeries are done after 1pm, but I don't know where she stands in line.
They said he had a light office schedule and would probably start surgeries early, and also that he didn't have that many surgeries scheduled.

I'm figuring, with recovery time and all, it will be after 5pm before I can pick her up.

Her cage, pen, and bowlsare all cleaned and waiting for her.

Now it's just the waiting game.....:waiting:

Latest posts

Back