Chippy's got a lump (benign cystic teratoma.....extra ingrown mammary gland)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JimD wrote:
The "Slumber Party"...

IMG_2268.jpg
Oh Jim - aren't slumber parties fun? The only thing seems to be - the bunnies like to hog the bed since its something new...

The night before we rushed Tiny to the vet - I slept on the floor on the dog's bed and he slept in the crook of my arms. Well - I ATTEMPTED to sleep - I was petting him and every time I'd start to nod off - he'd start nudging me - and if that didn't work - he'd nip at me.

I found bunnies don't make the best bed-partners...they want to hog the bed and get all the attention sometimes.

Gotta share my photos as the memories still make me smile...
DSCN1914.jpg

DSCN1911.jpg

I know right now you're probably wiped out from not sleeping much - but Jim - some night you'll look back on last night - and smile at the memory of your slumber party with Chippy. Just be warned...the other bunnies may want to have a slumber party now too!

Jim, just wanted to say Ive been thinking of you and Chippy. Ive been so busy this week that I havent had time to post much but you and Chippy have been in my prayers.

Shes so lucky to have such a devoted daddy :)

I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear that Chippy is eating and pooping :). Also pleased that you took the day off to catch up with some much needed rest.

It could have been a reaction to the steroids, and now (hopefully) has passed.

Thinking of you guys.

Jan

Jim, I'm so glad to hear Chippy is feeling better today. I can relate to you about sleeping near your babies. Chris and I have been taking turns sleeping in the family room with Buttercup.

Gosh you are so lucky that you can have all your Bunnies in one room, mine are all over the house (just ask Haley she saw how and where they live). Mine would kill each other or for sure the bonded pairs would become unbonded.

Susan:)

TinysMom wrote:
Oh Jim - aren't slumber parties fun? The only thing seems to be - the bunnies like to hog the bed since its something new...

The night before we rushed Tiny to the vet - I slept on the floor on the dog's bed and he slept in the crook of my arms. Well - I ATTEMPTED to sleep - I was petting him and every time I'd start to nod off - he'd start nudging me - and if that didn't work - he'd nip at me.

I found bunnies don't make the best bed-partners...they want to hog the bed and get all the attention sometimes.

I know right now you're probably wiped out from not sleeping much - but Jim - some night you'll look back on last night - and smile at the memory of your slumber party with Chippy. Just be warned...the other bunnies may want to have a slumber party now too!

Last night Chippy started out sleeping on the carpet, but it didn't take long for her to join me in my bed.
She really didn't want to cuddle, but wanted to be close.

I took the day off of work today and got some much needed sleep.
I actually feel pretty good after last night events.

Chippy's in her run right now giving me a look like she's waiting for us to have another sleep-over.

JimD wrote:
Chippy's in her run right now giving me a look like she's waiting for us to have another sleep-over.
So what's stopping you from having another one? ;) Live a little. (And by "live a little," I mean thatyou and Chippy shouldenjoy some additionalwell-deserved rest.)

:biggrin2:

TinysMom wrote:
Gotta share my photos as the memories still make me smile...
DSCN1914.jpg

DSCN1911.jpg

It must have something to do with setting up our own sleeping accomodations within their space.

Those pics of Tiny are so bittersweet.

I miss having Tiny around the Forum so much....I can't imaginethe empty heartspaceyou feel.

Tootsie reminds me of him sometimes....but she's much more reserved in showing her feelings.
However...I could tell she was very concerned about what was going on with Chippy.

(((hugs)))
~Jim

JimD wrote:
It must have something to do with setting up our own sleeping accomodations within their space.

Those pics of Tiny are so bittersweet.

I miss having Tiny around the Forum so much....I can't imaginethe empty heartspaceyou feel.

Tootsie reminds me of him sometimes....but she's much more reserved in showing her feelings.
However...I could tell she was very concerned about what was going on with Chippy.

(((hugs)))
~Jim
Thanks Jim - I really wasn't trying to hijack your thread - but reading how you slept w/ Chippy and pulled her through the night - reminded me of my night w/ Tiny and how I pulled him through - at least for that one night...

I know y'all are gonna think me crazy- but the night Chippy was so bad - I was yelling at Tiny ....not that he was here. But I was going, "Tiny...you're NOT taking Chippy. You're not. You took New Hope - that was ok....but you're NOT taking Chippy..".

So then I went to something more productive....I started praying.

I don't know though - with rabbits that I care about a lot - if they cross - I tend to think of Tiny being there to help them. It may not be true - but it gives me peace.

But switching it back to Chippy....I'm really glad she made it through - I think her bond w/ you and having you there gave her the will to live...

Just got back from vacation and am checking up on everyone! I'm sooo glad that Chippy is coming along.....when I read that you thought you were losing her, I started to cry....she's giving us such a fright! Jim, you are the most awesome bunny-daddy ever! How's our girl doing today? And how are you doing? We'll look forward to updates when you are able!

Jim, I think Chippy is working to get her Daddy to stay home with her more!

I'm so glad she's ok. Tell her she's gonna give us heart failure if she doesn't keep pooping and eating!

I love to put the bunnies on a blanket and lay down with them. Infact, we took Tony on my bed yesterday and he was all snuggly and warm with Lexi and fell asleep. If I give them their own soft beds tho, they pee on them. :?

I hope you are feeling better now also.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I'm so glad (Chippy's) ok. Tell her she's gonna give us heart failure if she doesn't keep pooping and eating!
Between my two bunners, Chippy and Sass, I think that I'm already experiencing heart failure....:?
If I give (my bunnies) their own soft beds tho, they pee on them. :?
That would figure. :biggrin2: I'm lucky that Emma never pees in her bed. ButZoe does occasionally"dribble" on hers. Even worse, Zoe "grooms" her bed daily. (She'll stretch out on her size and lazily lick on it. Bizarre bun...;))

I hope you(Jim)are feeling better now also.

Ditto. One of us members with a health-challenged bun should at least breathe semi-regularly. ;)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Jenk, Bo grooms his water dish....... :p
LOL!!!

Zoe shoves her snout far into her crock while drinking; she winds up with a dripping-wet muzzle. For this reason, I call her "my puppy." ;)

Sorry, Jim...I'll stop getting off topic. How is Chippy doing now?

TinysMom wrote:
I know y'all are gonna think me crazy- but the night Chippy was so bad - I was yelling at Tiny ....not that he was here. But I was going, "Tiny...you're NOT taking Chippy. You're not. You took New Hope - that was ok....but you're NOT taking Chippy..".

So then I went to something more productive....I started praying.

I'm thinking that might explain a lot of went on that night.

:hug:

:pray::hug:

hi Jim

thinking of you and Chippy:rose:

Thanks to everyone!!

Chippy and I are doing well.

In fact...Chippy was being a little brat last night.
I was trying to clean out her cage andshe was grunting, boxing, charging, and nipping the whole time.
Then I wanted to check her cyst and she went ballistic and trashed her cage afterwards.

Oh yeah....the cyst is doing good.
It doesn't feel like it's reforming...or at least not as fast.
I can feel what I think is either scar tissue or the collasped pocket from the cyst. But it doesn't feel like the fluid is building up the way it did before.
***doI dare do a little happy dance? :bunnydance:***

JimD wrote:
***doI dare do a little happy dance? :bunnydance:***
Yeah, you dare. ;)

Heck, I'll even join ya': :bunnydance::biggrin2:.

Back