Buck Jones Died

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carolyn: Thank you for posting those photos. The one with the bunny pack made me genuinely smile.

Jim and Razz: Thanks for putting up the obituary. I was really hoping someone would know where to find it.

I think it was put best Carl was "good people".

Jen

Laura wrote:
Carolyn wrote:
Just spoke to Carl's daughter.

It comes as no surprise that she said the rabbits are acting odd.
Carolyn,

Did Carl's daughter take all the rabbits? I was wondering what would become of them.

Laura
I was wondering this too, but didn't want to ask. If any needa home, I could try to work something out and make a trip somewhere toget one if that would help out.

Jen

Thisis fromtheHouse Rabbit of Australia web page .

Heaven Knows

A man and his rabbit were walking along a road. The man was enjoyingthe scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. Heremembered dying, and that the rabbit had crossed over the RainbowBridge years ago. He wondered where the road was leading them. After awhile, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of theroad. It looked like fine marble.
At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed inthe sunlight. When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent gatein the arch that looked like mother of pearl, and the street that ledto the gate looked like pure gold. He and his rabbit walked toward thegate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side. When hewas close enough, he called out. "Excuse me, where are we?" "This isheaven, sir," the man answered. "Wow! Would you happen to have somewater?" the man asked. "Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll havesome ice water brought right up." The man gestured, and the gate beganto open. "Can my friend," gesturing toward his rabbit, "come in, too?"the traveler asked. "I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."
The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going.
After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he cameto a dirt road which led through a farm gate that looked as if it hadnever been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, hesaw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book. "Excuseme!" he called to the reader. "Do you have any water?" "Yeah, sure,there's a pump over there" The man pointed to a place that couldn't beseen from outside the gate. "Come on in." "How about my friend here?"the traveler gestured to the rabbit. "There should be a bowl by thepump" the man answered.
They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old fashionedhand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveler filled the bowl and tooka long drink himself, then he gave some to his rabbit.
When they were full, he and the rabbit walked back toward the man whowas standing by the tree waiting for them. "What do you call thisplace?" the traveler asked. "This is heaven," was the answer. "Well,that's confusing," the traveler said. "The man down the road said thatwas heaven, too." "Oh, you mean the place with the gold street andpearly gates? Nope. That's hell."
"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?" "No"said the man. "I can see how you might think so, but we're just happythat they screen out the folks who'll leave their best friends behind."

End

Dootsmom is taking all five of the rabbits. Ernestine will be staying home .

I still can't stop crying. We here at the Acres will continueour thoughts and prayers for the family and all his friends.

We miss youBuck.

Tina & Family

I like this picture of Buck.

Where is the one comparing him to Frosty the Snowman?

Ed

It was this same one Ed. I had it on the "I figured it out...." post.

Raspberry

BuckJones.jpg

Just as debonair, and wise as they come!!! And who doesn't love Frosty?

Sam2.jpg

Dootsmom put Buck's mind at great ease last weekwhen she said she'd take all five. He wanted them to go to a good homeand knew that they'd outlive him.

I know that Dootsmom got more rabbits than she bargained for, butbecause of her huge heart and intuition, she sensed that Buck needed toknow the rabbits would go to a good home.

Anyone that could take one or two from her, I'm sure she'd welcome the chance because she's going to try to rehome them anyway.

-Carolyn

I found the obituary very moving. Didn't Bucklead life to its fullest? Both he and Helen were involved with so manyworthwhile causes, what a wonderful example they gave.

I still half expect to see his name pop up when someone has a problem,or needs advice or even just to comment on a post. :(. It's still sohard to believe. I will light a candle in Church on Friday as I can'tbe there in person. God Bless, Buck!

Jan

Hello every one,

I am working on a website dedicated to Buck, and I would like your help.

Please send some kind words about Buck, I would like to add them to the memory page.

Also if you have any stories about Buck I would like to post those as well.

Thank you so much every one.

~Amy

How did he pass away. His last post was Satnight just before he passed on. It just breaks my heart and I will missreading his new advices that he posts about anything that is needed.

Rest in Peace Buck

Angel:angel:

:DDear Basset luv,

I too, did notknow theman very well, but the way everyone is saying they willmisshim, i feel cheated that i never got to know him!All our prayers form the scaduto household!

chipperluv

[email protected]we will miss you! !

Pet_Bunny

That is absolutely lovely The Heaven Knows you posted, I loved it Ismiled and thought what a beatiful story, I think it suits Buck well.It is lovely

ayglnu13 wrote:
Hello every one,

I am working on a website dedicated to Buck, and I would like your help.

Please send some kind words about Buck, I would like to add them to the memory page.

Also if you have any stories about Buck I would like to post those as well.

Thank you so much every one.

~Amy

Amy where would you like them sent to??? I'd be honoured to say words about Buck.

Buck really did put on bunny ears and put Missyin a hat when we watched Night of the Lepus on Mischief Night(10/30).

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back