Buck Jones Died

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bassetluv wrote:
This is a poem that has always touched my heart...I'm sorryI don't know the author's name to give credit. But it seems to fit thecharacter of Buck...

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

Rest in peace, Buck....
I found the author for you... it is Melinda Sue Pacho....

Beautiful poem by the way

As I'm reading this I can't help but think ofwhen my father passed away. When he passed, it was astrangely beautiful November day. One of the first things hisbest friend said when he got to our house was "What a glorious day togo to Heaven." The weather here was beautiful yesterday and Ijust know that Buck/Carl had a glorious day to go to Heaven, too.

Today, the sun has gone and a light rain is falling off andon. I'm reminded of a song lyric that always gives mecomfort. The song is called "Holes in the Floor of Heaven"and it's by Steve Wariner.

"Lord, we sure do miss [him] now.

But there's holes in the floor of Heaven,

and [his] tears are falling down.

That's how you know [he's] watching,

wishing [he] could be here now.

And sometimes when you're lonely,

just remember [he] can see,

there's holes in the floor of Heaven,

and [he's] watching over you and me."

Jen

pamnock wrote:
to use it in honor of Buck . . .
Thank-you Pam.

When Buck spoke, we stopped and listened. He had greatrespect for us and taught us well. He was a greatteacher. In this small way we can paybackforwhat he had given to us so much.

Stan

For some strange reason my puter wont let me change my avatar.. so I will just light a candle at home

Susan

I have signed up with this forumtodayafter reading about Buck's passing on anotherBoard.My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

I regret that I didn't find the board sooner. I would haveloved to have'met'Buck online.

I found this poem today and really liked it... I thought I would share it with everyone... it reminded me of Buck :pray:

IHave a Place in Heaven

Please don't sing sad songs for me,
Forget your grief and fears,
For I am in a perfect place
Away from pain and tears.

It's far away from hunger
And hurt and want and pride,
I have a place in Heaven
With the Master at my side.

My life on earth was very good,
As earthly life can go,
But Paradise is so much more
Than anyone can know.

My heart is filled with happiness
And sweet rejoicing, too.
To walk with God is perfect peace,
A joy forever new.

[align=center]

[align=center]~ Author Unknown ~ [/align]

[/align]

Welcome to the board Snowberry. Manypeople knew "Buck" from way back on the old Rabbit Web board, so Iwanted to be sure they were aware of his passing as he has many old(and new) friends there.

I had great respect for him and always enjoyed reading hisposts. I was thrilled to have had the opportunity to chatwith him on the phone once (many thanks to Carolyn) and had hoped toget to meet him some day.

Carl was a very insightful and intelligent man. He proved tobe a stalwart anchor on the forumsand quieted the waters witha gentle hand.

It's so hard to believe he's gone. No goodbyes, just quietly signed off.

Pam

I was fortunate enough to meet Buck and the Missus. A memory that will last forever.

Those two were quite a sight arriving in the middle of a blizzard at aMcDonald's 30 miles from their house in their big white van. It waslike seeing Santa and Mrs Claus show up to deliver a precious littlepresent to me. They had come to bring me Rosie.

Rosie will be affectionately known as "Ms. Rosie-roo Jones" from this day forward.

"The members of RabbitWorld.org offer their condolences. "

Nothing but kind words and memories aboout him.

Ed

pamnock wrote:
Here is a candle avatar for anyone who would like to use it in honor of Buck . . .

Thankyou Pam what a lovely thought, I have changed my avatar as well, Iheard the news lastnight when I got home from work and the night haspassed and the morning has come and I still am trying to get my headaround the fact that a beautiful soul has crossed over.

We are all so very lucky and blessed to have had such a lovely man touch our lives in so many ways.

I do not know what to say. I am sosad. Send my best to his family. Carolyn, I knowyou were close. I am so sorry about the loss of your dearfriend. Rest well, Buck. You will be greatly missed.

Truly, Kristina

If Buck could see your avatars, he'd in the verysoft and quiet way he had about him say, "Oh! Well isn't that nice. :)That's really cool."

I'm so touched by it. I know Helen and his daughter and son will be too.

As you know, but wasn't into 'high drama' or a lot of tears. They'rehaving a mass and then a party afterwards. Buck didn't want a Wake orany of that.

The mass will be at 11:00 a.m. on Friday morning, June 24th, at St. Peter's Church in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ.

-Carolyn

I'm so very sad. This is a huge loss. There willforever be a void that will never be filled with Buck' passing. There'snot too many of us "guys" out there that love bunnies the way he did.And how many guys would think that a couple of bunnies-in-a-pack couldserve as a "babe magnet". OMG... I'm laughing and crying all at once. Ifeel as if part of me has passed with Buck, like a new age is arrivingand and older one is passing....such is the circle of life. Peace bewith you, Buck.

This song was in my head all day....

Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton and Will Jennings
Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong
And carry on,
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven.

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?

I'll find my way
Through night and day,
'Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven.

Time can bring you down,
Time can bend your knees.
Time can break your heart,
Have you begging please, begging please.

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure,
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven.

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong
And carry on,
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven.

[align=center]It's hardest when you have to say "goodbye"[/align]

[align=center]When you've never seen said "hello"[/align]

[align=center]It's harder to sit here and try not cry[/align]

[align=center]When you've lost someone you would have loved to known[/align]

[align=center]Many years of wisdom and opening up children's minds[/align]

[align=center]Even more with that little bunny by his side[/align]

[align=center]His long white beard[/align]

[align=center]His rosy red cheeks[/align]

[align=center]At this point, I can't even speak[/align]

[align=center]Now he follows our little ones on the other side[/align]

[align=center]And will take care of them with love and great pride[/align]

[align=center]Know in your heart that your crossed ones are loved and well[/align]

[align=center]Because Buck Jones is a man not to be toyed with[/align]

[align=center]When it comes to Kaytee or Purina Rabbit Meal[/align]

[align=center]He had changed our lived in oh so many ways[/align]

[align=center]I will never forget our chatting days[/align]

[align=center]He brought Rosie into our lives[/align]

[align=center]And always in our hearts will Buck Jones survive[/align]

Latest posts

Back