Buck Jones Died

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was beautiful, Danielle :tears2:

:tears2:

If I have the strength to do a eulogy for Buck, I was thinking that I'djust read what some of you folks have said in this thread. Don't counton it though. I don't think I can get up there and speak and expectpeople to understand what I'm saying through my tears.

Danielle, I don't know what to say. Thank you. That was gorgeous.

Someday, Carl's family will read what you've all written and as hard asthey'll cry, they'll feel your comfort, strength, love, andappreciation for Carl - and that will give them a bit of peace.

*Miss Ya, Carl! :kiss:*

-Carolyn

I came home today, still unable to get it intomy head that this isn't some awful dream. I keep looking atthis thread and thinking, this just can't be true, it can't, but withgreat sorrow, it's slowly sinking in that it is.

Buck was the first person to welcome me to the forum, even after Iimmediately criticized his words to someone who was trolling.In my inexperience, I didn't recognize the troll. Buckquickly explained it to me and made me feel welcome. I havelearned so much from him, as have we all.I havegained so much from his warmth and wisdom. I have appreciatedhis help and kindness more then I can even express and I will miss themmore then I can even know.

We have lost a great voice on this forum, a voice that will never beforgotten. Buck will live on in the memories we have and inthe heartsof all he touched, and he touched so many.

(This is from a card I received, but I felt it was so appropriate to dedicate the words to Buck)

May the Lord repay you for what you have done.

May you be richly rewarded by the Lord. (Ruth 2:12)

The help came from the Lord,

but the helping hands were yours.

Thank You Buck, for all of yourwarmth, encouragement and wisdom.

Mr.Carl Lewis

Jen, Daisy, Sage, Basil, Elvis, Orion, Saphy, Sampson, Lily and Abby

Danielle, that post was great!:)

I found out earlier today when I checked the board right before I leftwork. I cried all the way to the bus. And then on and off after that.It's so sad! I was also looking forward to meeting him at the party. Atleast Jellybean, Baby and Annie will get to meet him first. ImagineBuck right now being showered with bunny kisses from all our belovedbuns who have crossed over rainbow bridge! I'm so glad he's there withthem!

He was always very kind and helpful. He will be greatly missed.:tears2:

My sincere condolences go out to Carl's familyand friends. I can't imagine the void that remains, he was such aspectacular person, knowing him in person was a true gift I'm sure. Ialways felt sohonored when I signed on to find that Ihadrecieved a reply from Buck, I wish he knew that.

Megan

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Buck is in the Lord's house now, probably surrounded by bunnies thathave moved on from us. Isn't that a lovely thought, that Buckis now hanging out with the bunnies we have lost and shed so many tearsover? What better companion could they find?

NightPoet00 wrote:
The LORD is my shepherd . . .

One of my favorite verses -- I can never read the entire passagewithout crying
face14.jpg

Pam

Thank you so much JimD.

It was so hard to read through the tears, but what a full life Carl has led and what an extensive legacy he left behind.

Indeed, he was "good people".

Pam

[align=left]I'm going toput it her permanently. That way it won't go missing when the link goesinactive.[/align]

[align=left]Raspberry[/align]

[align=left]*******************************[/align]

[align=left]CARL J. LEWIS, 62, of POINT PLEASANT
[/align]

[align=left]Published in the Asbury Park Press06/21/05CARL J. LEWIS, 62, of POINT PLEASANT, died peacefully onSunday, June 19, at home. Born and raised in West Paterson, he moved tothe Shore area in 1977. A graduate of Passaic Valley High School andMonmouth University (BA, MA), he retired after 32 years of teachinghistory and social studies at Jackson Memorial High School. He wascommissioned as second lieutenant after graduating from OfficerCandidate School, Ft. Eustis, Va., and served as supply officer for theU.S. Army's last locomotive and railroad battalion, Ft. Eustis. Heserved honorably as first lieutenant, 241st Helicopter Supply Company,Qui Nhon, Vietnam, and was awarded the Bronze Star; VietnamDistinguished Service Order, 1st class; and New Jersey DistinguishedService Medal. He also served 20 years as a member of the SelectiveService draft board, Ocean County. Carl belonged to Veterans of ForeignWars Post 4715, Point Pleasant Beach; American Legion Post 43,Hollywood, Calif.; and BPOE, Point Pleasant Beach. He also belonged tothe NJEA and NEA. A communicant of St. Peter's Church, Carl, with hiswife, Helen, coordinated Sacred Heart's Youth Group and St. Peter'sHigh School CCD (1977-82). They also participated as a team couple inMarriage Encounter and Retrouvaille for the Trenton Diocese. They weremembers of St. Peter's pre-marital training program, Pre-Cana. Carl wasan avid motorcyclist and former memer of the Yamaha 650 Society. He wasa voluminous reader and meticulously researched his many hobbies overthe years, including photography, scale-model building, bicycling,camping and back packing. Carl was also known for his love and care ofdomesticated rabbits, which he shared internationally via Internetforums about pet rabbits. Despite his quiet and private demeanor,Carl's intellect and wisdom coursed deeply through his heartfelt,consistent and trustworthy friendships and correspondences with family,friends, and colleagues. Carl was "good people" — authentic, noble, andbroadminded — and his compassion for others extended to his affectionfor small furry animals.
He was predeceased by his parents, Louis and Mae Lewis of WestPaterson. Carl is survived by his wife of 40 years, Helen M. FarrellLewis; a son and daughter-in-law, Eric C. and Rebecca A.B. Lewis ofNashville, Tenn.; a daughter, Candace J. Lewis of Hollywood, Calif.; anuncle, Joseph Lewis of West Paterson; and two grandsons, Otto J. andPhillip J. Lewis of Nashville. Tenn.
A Memorial Mass will be offered at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Peter'sChurch, Point Pleasant Beach. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made"In Memory of Carl Lewis" to Jersey Shore Animal Shelter, 185 BrickBlvd., Brick, NJ 08723 (732) 920-1600. Pable-Evertz Funeral Home, PointPleasant, is in charge of arrangements.
[/align]

i only just heard today.. having been so busywith work lately haven't had time for message boards but i happened tobe talking to dootsmom today and she mentioned about it.. menot realizing it had happened was like what? really?

i know you have lost a close fried carolyn as you spent much timetogether, just know he is there watching over you and with you still,not in body but in spirit.

I hope his bride is doingok, i can not imagine being in her shoes at this moment.

My condolences--- Gabby

I may not know him in person or real well buthis post really inspires me with good and well information aboutrabbits. He is funny, sweet and carring for all of us and the rabbits.My heart just simply broke when I saw this and I imeadiately prayed forall of you and his missus. May he rest in peace.

Take care of all of the buns at the bridge with carring and unconditional love.

Angel

Just spoke to Carl's daughter.

She wanted me to thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers.She is channeling her grief through you and those prayers right now.

She was so moved when I told her that Amy's creating a website for himand that others are working on putting together a sticky of the advicehe had given.

I'm learning that rabbit forums 'all around' have been expressing theirsympathy on their own boards. She'll share that with her brother andher Mother. She said, "Dad really enjoyed the rabbit boards. I'm soglad to hear what is happening. Tell them all Thank You. It means alot."

It comes as no surprise that she said the rabbits are acting odd.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back