BOOMER... The little bunny with a huge personality.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the pic above the one of him as a baby. It looks like he is saying with is paw movement, I command you human to take cute pictures of me!

Vanessa

Went to the farmers market today.... my boyfriend and i seen the two cute tiny little bunnies... it took EVERYTHING inside of me to keep walking and not bring them home with me... one was all white and the other white with black patches. both females according to the chicken guy... yeah no idea why the chicken guy was selling rabbits but hey stranger things have happened.

anyways we spoilt Boomer . he got a whole new XL basil plant, wooden toys and last... a hat !!!
Yes a hat ! it is suppose to be for a small dog but my boyfriend said we should get it for Boomer. i said Boomer will hate wearing it but he got one anyway.

cant say he liked it or hated it...but he tolerated it... eventually it fell off.... or got shook off.

hat1.jpg

hat3.jpg

hat4.jpg

hat5.jpg

hat6.jpg

my boyfriend thinks he is so awesome now, because he thinks because people also like the hat, that he is just a genius now for having that idea....

he is such a genius that he thought he would hang the hat on the outside of Boomer's cage... i warned him Boomer will chew it up and get to it... nope he didn't listen. he thought because he is hanging it on the outside that it is safe.... well guess who found the hat INSIDE the cage this morning and swimming in the water bowl... Yep he's a genius !

so now the little hat is in the laundry waiting to be washed. At least Boomer didn't chew it up like i thought he would... given more time i'm sure he would though...... :nod

my boyfriend thinks he is so awesome now, because he thinks because people also like the hat, that he is just a genius now for having that idea....

he is such a genius that he thought he would hang the hat on the outside of Boomer's cage... i warned him Boomer will chew it up and get to it... nope he didn't listen. he thought because he is hanging it on the outside that it is safe.... well guess who found the hat INSIDE the cage this morning and swimming in the water bowl... Yep he's a genius !

so now the little hat is in the laundry waiting to be washed. At least Boomer didn't chew it up like i thought he would... given more time i'm sure he would though...... :nod

I guess the boyfriend underestimates a rabbit's desire to play guess Boomer showed him!!!! lol

Boomer has a new favourite thing to do... pull threads out of my lounge room rug! he thinks it is a GREAT game... he has had free range of the house for many days/weeks in a row now and has proven himself to not get up to too much trouble... but now he has taken a liking to the rug.... hmmmmmmmmm.... i don't think i like this new game of his. i am quite fond of this rug...

Boomer knows how to take his hat off now... so whenever we put it on him he gets it off pretty quick once he decides he had enough.. he wore it the other night for nearly an hour before taking it off. so he tolerates it for a long time now.

We are only 12 days away from being 5 months old... i don't know why i am so excited that he is getting desexed, because i am scared of the idea of anything going wrong and something bad happening to my baby. My boyfriend still thinks it is unnecessary to do it but then who ever listens to him... ;) I think i'm just happy to get it over and done with actually... one less worry after that.

Now.... another thing... how to get Boomer to stop peeing and pooping in his food pellet bowl once it is empty. when boomer eats all of his pellets he then has been peeing and pooping in the bowl... what is up with that !!! i have to clean it every day!!! the bowl does sit inside the litter tray.... but still! he has heaps of other space to pee and poop in... silly Boomer

Funny story. i cant remember if i ever mentioned people at work getting bunnies. well anyways a few months ago one of the girls i work with got her son 2 female bunnies from a friend.... fast forward to just last week, she has discovered one is in fact a boy... ahahahahahahahahahahaaaa. not really funny though because now they have to get rid of the female bunny who they suspect is pregnant. they don't want babies because they are about to have one of their own plus already have a toddler. understandable i guess. they found a home for the female already to a friend of theirs.

so today at some point i need to go visit the pet store as Boomer is out of oaten hay... and these days that is the ONLY hay he likes. i am going to try and not look around as i always come home with stuff i dont need. i love the pet store!

Boom is asleep in his cage... must has partied too hard last night because he was always banging something in his cage. woke me up several times. it's a rainy day so i guess he can spend all day sleeping if he wishes.

Boomer will neaten up a fair bit after his naughty bits get fixed. Trigger (G'd rest his little soul) became quite the neatnik after getting fixed. Trix isn't terrible, but she was quite the spaz for the longest time. She still has her moments at 11 years old!!!

I love your stories about Boomer.

I think the best way to solve that pooping in the food bowl issue is simply to remove it from the litter tray. What a little rascal he is :)

Sorry for my absence. I've been busy with work and i have also had pneumonia ... so fun times had all round here !!!

Boomer is getting Desexed not next week but the week after... i have 2 days off work to watch over him as he recovers. anxious mumma here!

Boomer has been Boomer. Just eating and pooping and tearing up my rug.... *sigh* what can ya do. a bunny is going to do what a bunny is wanting to do...

So my "friend" who had a bunny then got another bunny then that bunny died so she then got another bunny...well now that one died too and she is again left with the original bunny.... well if you are still on track with this pointless story, she is now only got the 1 bunny and has no idea what the other bunny died from...the first one kicked and broke it's back apparently and this one she has no idea. i think she should stop buying bunnies from the pet store. might solve all her problems!
but it is still sad to hear of bunny loss... i'd cry for days and days and days if i lost Boomer. And i never cry about anything....

on a ligher note... my son and i are buying cat food and collecting a huge big box of good quality cat food to donate to a no kill no cage cat rescue sort of near our home. When i buy my first home (which is hopefully this or next year) my present to myself will be a adult cat from this shelter. so in the mean time since we are not getting a cat anytime soon we will help all the cats and this great organisation buy buying heaps of cat food and taking it out there one day for the cats and kitties. Each time we go shopping for groceries, which is about 3 or 4 times a week, we pick up a couple of bags of food or cans or milk for the kitties.... and we will go out there and get to play with the kitties in exchange for our donation... win win...hehehe

Oh we got Boomer some presents the other day... we were at the pet store and just there to buy hay but they didnt have the type Boomer liked... so anyways after looking around we got Boomer a cane hanging basket (it is actually a birds nest) and filled it with dried parsley treats, and we got Boomer a new fleece blanket and also a chew toy.... he always gets new stuff when we visit the pet store.
I dont know why i bother buying heaps of toys though because for the last week he has loved playing with a milk bottle lid!!! thats right... a plastic milk bottle lid! he found it on the ground near the bin and carried it all around the house. every time he is out of the cage he finds it laying on the ground where he left it and carries it around and throws it everywhere.
Boomer turned 5 months old yesterday... he is not a baby anymore. he's my big man now.

well happy Friday everyone!!! i am so glad it is the weekend... i need to sleeeeeeeeppppppp.....

Sorry to hear that you've been so ill, I've had a cold which has had me feeling pretty bad, but I know that's nothing compared to pneumonia.

on a ligher note... my son and i are buying cat food and collecting a huge big box of good quality cat food to donate to a no kill no cage cat rescue sort of near our home. When i buy my first home (which is hopefully this or next year) my present to myself will be a adult cat from this shelter. so in the mean time since we are not getting a cat anytime soon we will help all the cats and this great organisation buy buying heaps of cat food and taking it out there one day for the cats and kitties. Each time we go shopping for groceries, which is about 3 or 4 times a week, we pick up a couple of bags of food or cans or milk for the kitties.... and we will go out there and get to play with the kitties in exchange for our donation... win win...hehehe

That's so awesome. The Bunnings store I work at did a donation drive for a local cat and dog rescue place. The store donated a whole bunch of dog beds, some garden tools (wheelbarrow etc) and some whirly birds (the spinning roof vents), and I put in some cat beds, cat toys, tennis balls and kitty litter. There was an absolute mammoth load of donations in the end, filled an entire pallet load and had to be delivered on a trailer. Was great though. I am also looking forward to eventually adopting a cat, though if I'm completely honest I've also always wanted a Somali cat, so I'll probably have to adopt one cat and buy a Somali from a breeder.

Boomer sounds so cute playing with that milk bottle lid, they choose the funniest things as toys sometimes.

I just LOOOVE hearing about Boomer and I also have a bad cold now! I'm sorry to hear about the bunnies dying. The story about it breaking it's back from kicking sounds a bit odd... maybe they had coccidia or something else? I feel bad also for your friend..

Vanessa

Ooooh Boomer. You and Luna could be twins with the eating of the carpet. Luna is terrible about that! Then, when I blocked all her carpet spots, she ate a hole in the wall!! I hope you won't do that Boomer....don't even THINK about it.

Sorry to hear about your friends bunnies, that is sad. :(

Hope you feel better really soon, you too Vanessa!

Ooooh Boomer. You and Luna could be twins with the eating of the carpet. Luna is terrible about that! Then, when I blocked all her carpet spots, she ate a hole in the wall!! I hope you won't do that Boomer....don't even THINK about it.

Sorry to hear about your friends bunnies, that is sad. :(

Hope you feel better really soon, you too Vanessa!

Yes Brooke is a member of the carpet eating club also!!!
Thanks so much for the kind words and I hope ALL Of us get
better soon!!! :)

Vanessa

Carpet eating club..... hahahaaha. this made me laugh....
My favourite rug has patches of torn out cotton.... it is quickly becoming my NOT SO FAVOURITE EXPENSIVE UGLY RUG now... Luck i love this bunny!

So Boomer is booked in the vet for Tuesday 8th July for desexing.... i have butterflies in my stomach already... super nervous! i have taken 2 days off work to monitor him after.... not sure if that is enough time but i really can't be taking too many days off.
I have no idea what to expect and no idea what i am to do afterwards... ARGHHHH !!! this is a whole new world for me desexing bunnies!
In preparation i have not been lining Boomers cage with news paper anymore. instead opting for a softer bedding of hay. (really i have lots of hay here that Boomer doesn't like to eat, so i have to use it for something) i hope hay will be more comfy and softer for Boomer to sleep. Right now he just likes kicking it all to one side and out the bars when he jumps around. he also have 2 fleece blankets in the cage to sleep on. he is a good boy and hasn't peed on anything in his cage for months except for the litter tray! yay !!! I think when they hay runs out i'll just keep the blankets in there and no worry about flooring cover. blankets alone can do the job if he wants somewhere soft to stop and rest on. he doesn't have the plastic house in his cage anymore. he wasn't using it and it was taking up too much space. i can easily pull down the top level so that Boomer doesn't jump after neutering, giving time for everything to heal and fix. i hope it all goes well.... i'm going to be soooooo anxious that day when he goes in... i will be watching the clock like a hawk to pick up my baby again. he goes in at 9am and i get him back sometime in the late afternoon they said. After they monitor him for a few hours after the procedure.
What sort of questions should i ask the vet.... i have no idea. i have full confidence in them but I still worry!

Latest posts

Back