BOOMER... The little bunny with a huge personality.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBunny

Boomer Bunny
Reaction score
Thought i would blog to keep records for myself and be able to reflect back on Boomers life and how far he has grown / come since the day we got him.

I will start right from the beginning........

Boomer was a product of a family party where someone thought it would be a fun idea to put the male rabbits with the female rabbits on Christmas day 2013. They had not planned of every having anymore baby bunnies and had separated all their rabbits. Boomer and 3 other kits were the result born on Australia day 2014.

I was planning to adopt a foster bunny from Grafton (a rabbit rescue) but was offered Boomer from my partners good friends parents. Once i seen the photo i could not resist the cute face ! a few weeks later (friday 7th March 2014) we picked Boomer up late one night with one of my good friends who is also a work colleague who came for the trip since she was thinking of getting a bunny herself.

As soon as i got there i was given the cutest little bunny i had ever seen !
my friend instantly fell in love with one of the white and grey coloured bunnies which she named Coconut.

We took the bunnies to my house and let them spend some times together before Coconut went home. Boomer was called Mr/Mrs Bunny back then because i couldn't think of any names.

Boomer instantly warmed up to his new home and surroundings. he eats non stop everything and anything and will do ANYTHING to get at the herb garden just outside of the door.
Boomer stands on his back legs to look out of the glass door and loves to climb. i think he looks a little like a kangaroo with big ears when he does this. Out of a small list of names more people than not have liked the name Boomer so Boomer seamed appropriate as it also means kangaroo and he was born on Australia day so a Aussie name suits.

Boomer is living the life on a indoor bunny between inside and the sunroom. He is very spoilt already and my son and i ADORE him. our niece also came to play for the day and just cant get enough of Boomer. One lucky bunny with all this love.

The people we got Boomer from were not 100% sure what boomer was but guessed a boy. i also tried sexing him myself from all the images and info online. i am leaning towards boy... but give it a few weeks and we will visit the vet for our first check up and whatever else he may need and the vet i'm sure will give us an accurate gender identification.

:heartbeat:
We love BOOMER!

photo 1: the photo i was shown when boomer was just a few weeks old... i knew instantly he was coming home with me!

Photo 2:Boomer today enjoying Basil (his favourite !) picked by my niece.

Photo 3: Boomer on the night we got him with sibling 'Coconut'.

MR bunny.jpg

1504047_10152016105592081_1917869807_n.jpg

bunny 2.jpg

Boomer is just too freaking cute for his own good!!! And all my 4 bunnies are indoor bunnies. I had a bad experience with a pregnant doe of mine and 2 of her kits winding up dead outside with no idea at all what happened when the kits were 4 days old. The two that survived were brought inside and live inside to this day. Ditto with my Holland Lop (Mini Lop) Lady and 10 pounder big girl Brooke!

I just love your baby and can't wait to hear more about Boomer as he grows up!

Welcome to you and Boomer!

All the best
Vanessa

Today was the first day home alone for the day for Boomer. I think i missed him more than he even noticed me being away.... I am really excited for him to grow up a little so i can take him with me to work. then i don't have to spend all day thinking about him, wondering what he is doing and missing him terribly.

Boomer is such a cheeky bunny. He loves to chew chew chew on clothing, buttons especially, the stitching in the lounge, anything and everything... it is cute when he tries to dig in to the lounge or blanket. what a silly bunny. Boomer makes anyone who meets hime fall instantly in love with him. How couldnt you love that little sweet puffy cheeked face.

Right now he is watching T.V with me, hanging on top of his cage and munching on a carrot. I had to confiscate the carrot from him because i know he would eat the whole carrot quarter at once if i let him go at it. Piggy!
(i was trying to make him make friends with my Rabbit statue in the lounge room... HAHAHA. and apologies for the dark lighting)
I just weighed him before and today he is 384grams! i have to wonder how much is normal to gain each day this young....................

statue.jpg

Boomer weighed in at a whopping 414 grams ! man that bunny grows fast. Eat just eats assorted Hay, Pellets and a small pinch of herbs and carrot each day... but apparently thats good stuff because i have one big growing boy on my hands.

Boomer came outside with me today and hung on the front steps/ledge. Of course he went straight to the herb garden. I was watering the plants and Boomer ran straight under the hose and didn't even move when he got hosed on! he was determined to get to those basil plants! after a short munch i moved him away from the plants and he ran inside and cleaned himself up... silly bunny.

Boomer has rabbit ADHD. he can not sit still and when you think he is about to have a nap or have a rest he will run circles and do laps hopping around and jumping in the air and over the top of all the things around on the floor. like mini bunny hurdles. such a cheeky boy.

he has started licking my hands and arms and feet and face and legs and any skin a lot. it tickles and is VERY cute. he also tries to have a nibble sometimes, but it doesn't hurt. Not yet anyways!

I even let Boomer on my very expensive lounge room house rug today to run around as i worked on the laptop.... Of course i had this delusional thought in my head that Boomer wouldn't pee on it because he is a good boy.... PFFFFFFTTTTTT !!! peeing in litter boxes only applies when he is in his cage apparently.... anything out of the cage if free pee zones.... oh well... lesson learnt. glad poops are just little balls and don't make too much mess.

PHOTOS ! i should have put a 'PIC HEAVY' Warning in the title. I'm obsessed with capturing everything Boomer does on camera. i'm like a new proud mummy with the cutest baby in the world.

The pics are of Boomer exploring on the ledge outside this afternoon.

boom exploring.jpg

Boomer outside.jpg

scratch boomer.jpg

outside bun.jpg

He is just sooooo freaking cute I can barely stand it !!! My lop is going to get jealous!! He is just so adorable!!! I love the photo with the statue!! What a cutie!!!

Vanessa

Boomer weighs in at 421 Today.and he didnt even get any treats all day today! Just hay pinch of pellets and a piece of celery leaf. This bunny grows each and every day !

Tomorrow Boomer is going to see 'Coconut' his sibling and also a class full of kids.... Yep. Boomer is coming to work ! my co worker is also taking in coconut to show all the children. So it will be almost like a reunion again. i can not wait to see how much coconut has grown in a week. i know Boomer has grown heaps . he is still tiny though. i have brought locks for all the cage doors so the children wont be able to get at Boomer when i am not looking. I've also a small basket to put Boomer in when a child is holding him, since he is so small i dont want them to accidentally squish him. so a basket in their laps and boomer inside will keep him safe in small hands. I know they already love Boomer from the ton of photos i placed around in the room for the children to see. one little boy kisses the photos and always goes to find the toy carrots to pretend to feed Boomer in the photos. it is cute ! he will have the time of his life being able to do it for real tomorrow.

Boomer has started biting. not hard but hard enough for me to feel. he starts out licking and it always turns in to a bite. i don't even react or flinch as i don't want Boomer thinking this is ok. I think he is still just tasting everything to see if it is edible or not (including my fingers and hands) he had a good go at my daily diary when i wasn't looking... who needs a page marker or corners on the diary anyways... just a waste of time those corners and page marker...

What an adorable little bunny, he is just too cute for his own good. I love see photos of them and you do right taking as many as you can, they do grow so quickly. HOpe he had a good day with the kids and enjoyed seeing Coconut again. I am sure we will see and hear lots more about this handsome little boy.

weigh in at 441grams. Man this bunny is growing fast !
Boomer got a few new things on his trip to the pet store. (on the way home from work)
We got a new water bowl (because i really do feel he isn't drinking enough from the bottle thing and always is thirsty so am going to try the bowl)
and he got a grooming brush set of 3 little bunny sized brushes.
Boomer also got a brand new house ! it is a little plastic box sizes house with a door and and is multicoloured. Boomer loves to hang out on the roof of it where i placed a nice soft fleece blanket.

Boomer's vist to my work went good. Well sort of. He was REALLY excited to see Coconut. i think he remembered who coconut was as Boomer INSTANTLY started grooming and licking Coconut when he seen her. they stayed with each other all day and snuggled up and shared food etc... was cute seeing them back together. the children LOVED Boomer, everyone loved Boomer. Some of the children were really loud and Boomer just took it all in his stride. such a good bunny.
Even though Boomer had a good day i don't think i'll be taking him back to work. it is too much hassle always having to watch Boomer from children who are harassing him or dropping toys/pencils/books/ puzzles in the cage...etc. and he didn't enjoy my driving too much. Boomer tried sitting on top of his box in his cage as i drove. turning corners he kept loosing his balance or wobbling on the box. was not impressed with my driving. so his adventures at work are over... unless like i finish early and take him in or on a day off take him in just for a visit. but not spending the whole day.

Boomer just tried jumping up on a box and fell back and landed in his water bowl.. hahahaha poor Boomer. i shouldn't laugh but it was kind of funny !!! He's now made it on the box and trying to dry his foot and body that fell in. POOR BABY.

456 grams today.... and not a single treat... Boomer is growing FAST ! I can see a big difference already in just a week ! CRAZY how fast baby rabbits grow.

Today i groomed Boomer for the first time. i thought his fur was soft and fluffy before. it is soooooooo much more softer and fluffier now. and his fur looks so smooth and shiny. he didn't even mind being groomed. He did however chew the handles on one of the brushes already and left little bunny bite marks all over it... i should have known better than to leave it in his reach... silly Boomer that's not food.

Boomer loves his new house thing. lots of room to lay on top and a great size for when he gets bigger.
This weekend i am hopefully going to go and buy a pet pen so that i can bring Boomer in to the lounge room and let him run around and not have to worry about him ruining the skirting boards and getting hurt by chewing cables. Will see how i m going for time. Boomer runs around the lounge room now but I keep him close in arms reach because it isn't bunny proofed.

I think more photos are needed. hahaha. photo session tomorrow with Boomer is in order i think.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152026047842081&l=9171481492796881767
Warning to turn the sound off... my voice is annoying ! i always talk to Boomer in a baby voice...lol. no one likes to hear their voice recorded.
Boomer is such a good bunny. He USUALLY comes when called... not always though. he has given me lots of bunny kisses in the last hour. last night a bunny kiss turned in to a bunny bite and a bleeding little finger. but i know he didnt mean it.

I hope that link works. This is Boomer today. and the very first video i have tried to take of Boomer. lighting isnt good and neither are my camera skills but you get the idea... he is running all over the place because it is the first time today he has been let out.
i've had to change the lounge room rug with this cheaper one as he kept chewing the other one and peeing on it and I really love it. so swapped it with the one from my bedroom. Boomer shows no interest in this rug now, must also like the other one better.

So today i have spent most of the morning on the floor next to Boomers cage suppose to be doing paper and computer work and suppose to be cleaning. but i've made no start on the cleaning except get all the cleaning equipment out and throw it on the floor. Boomer is just more fun to watch than work.

i'll weigh him tonight for his daily weigh in. it is fun to see how much he grows each day.

Wow, I didn't realise how tiny he was!! He's really adorable :D I knew that remote was going to get chewed ;) Anything at bunny level is instantly a chew toy.

hahahaha yeah i should have known better too. anything is a chew toy around here. he is very tiny... but huge compared to last week and compared to his siblings. he is a good handful of bunny! lol

OMFG!!!!

Boomer is freaking ADORABLE!!!! Reminds me of my dearly departed Trigger!!!! I bet he has everyone wrapped around his paw!!!!

Haha, Felix loves chewing our remotes too! He's nibbled soooo many of the buttons into little stumps, naughty boy!

What is it with bunnies and remotes, mine love nibbling the buttons. When they jump on the sofa, I dash to move the remotes out of tooth reach lol.

Boomer is just too cute and his name so suits him :)

Weighing in a 498grams is Boomer the very naughty bunny!

Boomer was left home alone last night... what i came home to is a mass of paper, poop everywhere including outside of the cage, and his whole cage re arranged and torn to pieces inside. I guess Boomer got bored or something. he has never torn the paper at the bottom of the cage and now it is in a million little piece. NO IDEA how he moved the food and water bowls since they are bigger and weigh more than him. and the new house and cardboard tunnels have got a true test of how much chewing they can stand up to. there is almost no litter and hay in the litter pan anymore. that is spread through the whole cage and floor outside of the cage.... Boomer decided to party because he must have known that's what i was doing.... haha. again... lucky he is cute !

I love when i come home even if i have only gone for 5 mins... he gets so excited and sits at the cage door waiting for me to open it.
Having Boomer is like having a little dog that doesn't bark ! he loves pats and cuddles. He is falling asleep right now as i stroke his head... so cute. I cant wait until he is bigger ! so much personality crammed in to such a tiny body.

Boomer decided my shirt tasted good this morning and chewed a little hole in it. He was also doing the little (i call it digging) pawing scratches like he was trying to dig a hole through my shirt. it is cute when he tries to dig.

I can tell Boomer is getting heaps bigger. His poops are bigger...LOL. he is still tiny to everyone but when i remembered how tiny he was when i got him a week ago and how even smaller his siblings were (and still are) i then think he is HUGE !

Boomer is going to help me clean the house today and fold laundry. May as well train him young....haha. got to earn your keep some how Boomer. Being cute will get you only so far for so long in life......... :vacuum:

this is Boomer working for his keep....... He is really motivated today.... LOTS of sleeping happening. Guess I'll be doing all the chores and then paper work all on my own today.

sleeping.jpg

Latest posts

Back