BOOMER... The little bunny with a huge personality.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like people guilting me about neutering/spaying because it 'takes away a bunny's manhood/womanhood'. Bunnies are animals that breed like crazy. By removing the organs that produce the hormones, it lets them focus on enjoyment of life, instead of just wanting to hump and procreate (and being upset if they can't).

too right... i don't feel guilty because Boomer is getting neutered. In the end he is MY bunny and it's my money and my choice , and i choose to do the best for him. I got a rabbit because I wanted to, so my obligation is to do the best for this creature that i have now have in my life. And neutering is best. I doubt any experienced bunny owners and experts with disagree.

Last edited:
Tell your gentleman friend that Boomer would go from bring an awesome bunny to being a little jerk because not fixing him is the cruelest thing you can do to an animal that you have ZERO intention on breeding. I find that blokes who have that belief are the first ones to want to get rid of an unfixed animal when they start spraying and become super aggressive.

And Boomer will really, really calm down once he's fixed. His cage may become neater and his digging could calm down.

I tell chaps who think that way this: "want to sentence your animal to a life of blue balls? How are you when denied sex? You want your boy (animal) humping your legs? Think really hard about that..."

Boomer is a little turd and made me VERY late for work today....
I didn't have a lot of time this morning so didn't go out in the sunroom to visit Boomer until i was leaving for work and had to walk past... As soon as i opened the door to the sun room the acidic smell of poop/wee wafted up my nose. I looked inside the cage and seen the whole cage was messed up and everything was everywhere! Boomer has some how managed to tip over his big heavy water bowl sometime last night which then wet all the paper on the ground and mixed with poop and wee... I have never smelt a bad smell from Boomers cage until this morning !!! so of course i couldn't leave it and HAD TO clean it before i went to work.
That will teach me not to do my morning checks when i wake up!

Anyways Boomer is 4 months old now... We are totally having a bunny birthday party when he turns 1!

Right now i can hear Boomer tearing up his paper.
He has been REALLY good lately when in the house so for the last roughly a week he has free run of the house. he loves running from room to room and also following me EVERYWHERE ! even to the toilet.... no privacy here!!! he just follows me everywhere. and if i just sit down or something then he finally goes exploring and always comes back every now and again to check on me... he has the toileting down pact and is about 99% of the time only pooping in his cage now and well hasn't peed out of the cage since last time he peed on the lounge. he is still forbidden from beds and lounges... but with his new found freedom he hasn't even tried getting up on the lounges yet or the beds...... i say YET because i know it is only a matter of time.

so thats what Boomer has been up to... me on the other hand...work work work work work work work work... so not having fun at the moment. i have a ton of student teachers coming and going from my room doing their work prac and it is just annoying me... just an extra job to do on top of the million things i already am to do. also loosing one of my staff members from my room so have to train up someone else... how annoying!
oh and to top off my awesome stressful week, i come home today and see my 11yr old son laying on the lounge and he tells me he hurt his leg. so i lift off the gauze pad he has on his leg and see a big open deep cut in his leg, a massive long bruise along his shin right next to it and then i inspect him further and he has a bruise on his elbow a huge bruise on his shoulder and one on his shoulder blade one in the middle of his back and one on his lower back on the side... well he tells me him and his friend were wresting on the bed and fell off... so i go to his room and ask where he fell.... he then tells me he fell off my bed... so of course i go to my room to see what he fell on to cause such bad injuries and notice all my perfume and jewellery on the ground, look up and see my whole top of the display cupboard is broken !!! he gets no sympathy from me now !!! cleaned up his wounds better than the job his aunty did and sent him on his way... then contemplated if i should really go get him checked out especially for the big deep cut on his leg but nahhhh he can get deal with it. no sympathy from me. hopefully lesson learnt!
I am just glad my sister lives next door and heard a HUGE bang and came to check on the boys. she said she found them both on the floor and my son injured... thank their lucky stars i still wasn't home from work! too exhausted to deal with anything today so just ignoring the whole incident. kids are also little turds sometimes............ just saying ...

haha, reading back on all of this thank god i am a teacher and my sentence structure, grammar and use of commas and full stops and capitals is always amazingly good!

i know you all wont judge.....
i'm done... let this day be over. :bed:

The trials and tribulations of being a mum! Merlin and Sasha do my head in as it is, I can't imagine having a kid tearing around too. Sending hugs to you.

my life is full of kids. sometimes you just shake your head and pat yourself on the back for being a great mother because they are still alive! that's all that matters right ?!?!?!?! so far we have made it 11 years. lol

Boomer is being a sweetie today. he must know i had a rough day yesterday and is making my day today a easy one.
I'm thinking about going to the movies to see 1000 ways to die in the west. (i think that's what it is called)
take some time out and relax with a box of pop corn in the dark where no one knows me and just chill for a bit.

It was alright... funny, but not what i was expecting... no idea what i was expecting but it sure wasn't what I seen...lol. a modern twist on a olden days set movie. some parts were hilarious and some just silly. i enjoyed it . since i haven't been to the movies for ages it was a nice treat to have gone tonight.

Boomer wasn't happy though. he showed his disapproval of being locked up, when he'd usually be out, by trashing his whole cage. but i guess that is the norm these days with him. doesn't like how i arrange his house so he always changes it.

Thank you. I got a review of Maleficent from a friend. I was so looking forward to it, but now I'll wait. I might just see Million Ways to Die instead.

I have not posted alot due to some illnesses and death of one of my buns, but I just love reading about Boomer and love all the photos! He is so great and I love lops anyway, having Lady myself. Please keep adding more and more photos!

Vanessa

Oh my, Boomer sounds like an awesome bunny! He made me laugh for sure, LOL
I love the stories of how he pees and makes a mess and digs and jumps and......
When I had MILU and was at the computer, MILU would jump on my lap and demand attention. Maybe you can keep Boomer on your lap while you're at the computer, too? Believe me, it's better than having the bunny angry at the computer. They'll destroy it whenever they have the chance. MILU destroyed several mouses, cords, etc. He even chewed the telephone cord, which had nothing to do with the computer who was taking me from Him.
I suggest you quit your job and do what your bunny wants. He knows how to get to China digging through you. That's not just an average rabbit. LOL

Boomer on my lap while i am on the computer is out of the question !!! he would be eating the computer, clawing my arms and trying everything he could to get 100% of my attention. it doesn't work! he doesnt like to stay still for long periods of time. he has to always be on the move and exploring. comes back for a cuddle then off again to explore something else. i've tried having him with me when working at home. best i can do is let him out and move the cupboard away from my bed (i work on my bed) so he cant get up on the bed. and then he spends his whole time trying to find a way up on to the bed to get to me because i am ignoring him. thank god he hasn't tried to eat any cords yet! i use a lap top anyways so there is no cords to chew unless it's on charge.

Im going to book his neuter soon. 26 days and he will be 5 months. So maybe he can settle a little. he is still a sweet bunny and has no real bad behavioural things happening yet! even his biting isnt too bad. he only bites me anyways no one else has been bitten. go figure. the one that cares for him the most be bites the most. i guess i do harass him sometimes, i just cant help myself playing with those puffy cheeks and that fluffy tails and looking at his white teeth... i think rabbit tongues and teeth are cute cute cute !!!

I'm going to take some photos of Boomer later when we go outside to collect grass and weeds. He is due for some photos it's been a couple of days.

omg, i just went through an album i have and i looked at photos from when i first got Boomer... i cant believe how tiny he was!!! it he is only 4 months old now and i feel like i have had him forever!!! man they grow fast. i guess this is pretty much how Boomer is going to stay??? maybe fatter but he shouldn't grow too much more.... do you think?

Here is some photos for you lovelops because you asked :wink

1 of Boomer when he was a baby
and the rest of Boomer TODAY !

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

tiny bunny.jpg

His head now is bigger than his whole body was when we first got him.

He does have gorgeous eyes. i agree. big brown eyes that watch EVERYTHING. they match my eyes...hahaha

I love his gorgeous eye lashes... hehehe. and how fuzzy the bottom of his feet are. it is so cute.

what a cute bunny... i still think he is the cutest thing ever !!!

What a cutie! :D he'll probably grow a little more, but not too much. Bandit only finished up growing around six or seven months but it did slow down a lot after those initial 16 weeks.

Good to know. it's a nice size. he isn't too small that i fear i will squish him or not see him when he is running around, but then he isn't too big either ... he is just right!

Back