BOOMER... The little bunny with a huge personality.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just click on whichever pawprint you want. Eg, click on the right most pawprint to give a five pawprint vote. You should see the number of votes increase as you're hovered over it after clicking :)

I'm so slack i know... haven't taken any photos of Boomer! oops! I really just forget all the time.

I'm freaking out a little because........................ TOMORROW is the day!!! it is finally here! arghhhhhhhh. Boomer is getting neutered!
I dont know how i feel apart from being scared for him. I hope everything goes ok. 12.5 hours to go before i have to drop him at the vets. don't think i will be sleeping much tonight. As you can guess he has been very spoilt this afternoon with fresh weeds and many many many cuddles.
Do you think i should pack some food for Boomer while he has to stay under observation for a few hours?? he can be REALLY picky when it comes to foods so may not eat anything if they offer him food.

On another note. I hear there has been LOTS of whales passing by on the coast. So tomorrow my son and i are going to go see if we can find any whales from the lookouts near the beach. i LOVE watching whales (usually done on a boat). just another fun thing we can add to our day. the beach is just under 30 mins drive from where i live. nice and close. I hope we see some.

Yes, definitely take food with to give to the vets to give him as he wakes up from surgery. They should try to encourage eating as soon as possible. I'm told Bandit was munching away on hay as soon as he was able. I also took one of his small blankets with so that he'd have something familiar to snuggle up with.

That sounds great about going to look for whales. I've been keeping an eye on the sightings as I'm determined not to miss them this year. Missed them last year by less than a week and I've never seen a whale before so I'm really keen to get some good views. They've just started being sighted on a daily basis, so it's getting very close to visiting time :)

All the best, Boomer! I took a handful of hay and pellets to the vets' when my boys were neutered. Definitely a good idea, it's useful for the vets to know if he's up to eating after surgery - appetite is the easiest way to tell if a bunny is in pain and if he might need meds for it.

Don't be to worried if he doesn't eat whilst at the vet, it is a scary place and lots of noises and he will be confused when he wakes up. Shida didn't eat anything at the vet but she devoured her hay and pellets when she got home (the first time). But don't worry he is only getting neutered which is pretty minor surgery even for a bunny, I am sure he will be just fine. Best wishes, Shell and Shida

I just called the vet 3pm and they said Boomer has just come out of surgery and ring back in 1 hour because they want to observe him and oxygenate him under observation.... Errrrrrrrr, i hope that is all normal stuff.... so here i am waiting for the minutes to pass before i call again.

We dropped Boomer at the vet 9am this morning... with a little snap lock bag of his own food. pellets and oaten hay. because he can be super picky so thought if i send his own food at least he will be more likely to eat his own food.

so here i wait.......................................waiting.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................waiting.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................waiting.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................waiting.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................waiting.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................waiting........................................................................................................................................................................................
oh also, we seen a heaps cute light smokey grey mini lop at one of the pet stores we went to. he/she was super cute.
and lots of tiny mice, rats, fish, yabbies and guinea pigs. I love small pets.

I'm sure he's doing well. I'm not sure what standard procedure is in terms of waking from anesthetic, but I'm pretty sure oxygenating just helps quicken it. And since bunnies are sensitive little things they probably keep a close eye.

I'm sure he'll be completely fine, let us know! :)

:pray: I'm glad he's out of surgery! I'm sure he'll be bouncing around again in no time.

Boomer is home! yay !!!

Boomer is sleepy but doing good. He had a snack and now is tucked up on his blankie sleeping lots.
He is dosed up on medicines they said and he is very sleepy.

I was horrified to hear they PLUCK rabbits instead of shaving... apparently it is easier... errrrrr, i hope it was as easy as plucking your eyebrows! well they said it was done under anaesthetic so i guess if thats normal procedure than it will be fine. they also said he has internal stitches and it is glued on the outside so no need to remove any stitches. His little tummy area is a little red and bold. and his little testicles just looked shrivelled up now like dried fruit.
Boomer was glad to be home i think... he looked instantly relieved when placed in his own cage. gave him a quick cuddle first though... tried to take a photo but he is still fluffy and i wasn't going to be messing around with him because i feel bad and i'm sure he is sore.
the vet nurse said Boomer had lots of cuddles because everyone fell in love with him there. :) that makes me happy to hear....
he ate as soon as he came around they said. and he ate as soon as we got him in his own cage. so i guess that he feels ok.
he is lust sleeping a lot and looks drowsy.
We got him some special treats today... dutch carrots (baby carrots with the tops still on) i'm sure those will make him happy. He has to go back for a check up in 7-10 days... just to see all is well.

I took some photos as soon as we got him home....
I'm just soooooo happy everything went well.........

vet 1.jpg

vet 2.jpg

vet3.jpg

vet 4.jpg

Yay Boomer! So glad to hear that the surgery went well and that he has been eating some already. I'm sure he'll be bouncing around again in no time :)

Hooray, Boomer's home!! :) Sounds like he's recovering well.

They shaved both of my buns - Felix got shaved on the surgery area and on his leg for an IV, so he had a funny white bald patch amongst his black fur for a while. :p Clem got her belly shaved, and her ears were clipped back a bit too, so they looked very patchy for a while.

Welcome home Boomer! So glad to hear the surgery went well and that he is eating, it took Shida 3 days to start eating properly again after her second surgery and syringe feeding a bunny is not my idea of fun lol. Shida got shaved twice lol and her tummy still looks funny but the fur is growing back pretty quickly.
~Shell

Well maybe plucking fur isn't such a common practice then.

yes i am also glad it all went well.... he has pretty much slept and snuggled up to his blanket the whole 5 hours he has been home... heard him earlier walking around his cage... so i know he was moving at one point.
He is confined for the next few days to his cage..... i'm sad that i wont be able to play with him and give him heaps of cuddles.

Boomer seams sad today....
I had to flip him to check out the area for bleeding, swelling or redness etc... he wasn't too happy about that.
The poor thing looks depressed and sad. i know it is only day 2 but i just want my baby boy back to normal.
He has been eating lots of greens though and i seen him munch on a whole heaps of hay... hasnt really touched the pellets. and i dont think i have seen any pee today, just lots of poops. but its harder to see pees as unless i see it happen then the paper pellets just soak it straight up. Actually after writing this i'm going to dig in the pellets and see if any are wet just incase.

The vet rang today to check up on Boomer. i thought that was a really nice thing that they do a courtesy call to ask how your pet is and if they can answer any questions etc... i didnt have any questions but i thought it was a really sweet thing they do.

ok i checked the litter even before i finished writing this post. wet paper pellets so he has peed. thank goodness.... i gave him a quick scratch before tucking him in to bed and the whole time he was licking my hands and nudging me for more scratches under the ears... awwwwww, so adorable even when he isnt feeling the best.

I LOVE BOOMER !!!

That's sweet of the vet to call up and see how he's doing. :)

Poor little Boomer's probably still feeling a bit tuckered out, but it's lovely to hear that he's still his affectionate self. :D

I'm sorry to hear Boomer is not up to his old personality. I'm sure after he heals he will be back to normal! After mine got fixed, I would tempt them with their
fav treats to get them back eating again.. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Vanessa

When Trix's bits got fixed, she was quite weird. Okay- she is a weird, weird bunny. She kinda looked like she was drunk for a few days, then she gradually became goofy again.

Boomer will be fine.

Boomer is doing better with each day.... his eating is more than fine now... he is being spoilt with lots of greens and treats. but no problems eating, actually he is probably eating too much good stuff but that will come to a stop soon enough when the guilt wears off...lol
carrot tops are being the favourite treat at the moment.
He is really desperate to get out of his cage though... the vet didn't say how long they should be contained... he comes out for a cuddle once a day and so i can check his area for any infection etc. but thats it at the moment. no running around or anything.
he is such a trooper at the moment. doesn't touch his incisions or anything... STAR PATIENT !
he will go back for a checkup on Saturday 19th.

I think I kept Bandit contained for either four or five days. By that point he was so restless that I could just tell that he was ready to come out and run around again. I don't think there's as much risk with injuring the wound with exercise as there is with females.

Glad he is being spoiled :)

I had to keep Shida locked up for 10days to start with but it ended up being 3 weeks, I am so glad that he is leaving the wound alone I would hate for anyone else to go through what I went through with her!
~Shell

Latest posts

Back