BOOMER... The little bunny with a huge personality.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, yep. You ask them to do something and all they do is sleep :p Although Bandit helps me write my shopping lists by nibbling at the corners and trying to steal the pen :p That photo of Boomer is adorable :D

hahahaha Bandit that's good helping...

Boomer always seams to sleep on his side. he is just one chilled out bunny.

Boomer is hiding in his house now... I had to vacuum and he didn't like that at all... he is probably dying from the bleach fumes too from the bathroom ( i know i am ! ) . This bunny needs to go out in the sunroom now. that will make him happy again, running around the veranda enjoying the sunlight and watching the world go by through the big windows.

530 grams ! half a kilo... oh my this boy is growing....

Boomer is at it again... cleaned his cage this afternoon changed everything and made the cage lovely neat and clean.... Boomer has trashed the cage in less than 3 hours. naught bunny... ripped up all the paper and moved stuff around... hehe i guess he likes it better his way.

Boomer is too big now to squeeze through his little tunnels... he tried today and got his butt stuck and had to back out backwards again. it was soooooooooooooooooooo funny ! i guess i better find bigger tubes now.

Wow is he growing fast. I think our bunnies just love us making their space lovely and clean just so they can mess it up in record time :p

I'm just anxious to see Boomer posting in the bunny chat sub forum. He can meet Trixie (the bunny in my avatar) in the forum and chat.

ahahahahahahaahahaaaa, i can only imagine what he has to say about everything happening in his life.
Tonight i vacuumed around his cage... he refused to come out of his house for over 20 mins. my boyfriend reached in and got him out and sat on the lounge with him... less than 30 seconds later Boomer peed all over him !!! the funny thing was he had no other clothes with him, so after his shower he is now walking around in my hot pink pyjama pants and a old t-shirt that i stole from him months ago...LOL it was sooooooo funny ! Boomer then proceeded to eat my lounge leaving bunny teeth marks in all the leather... WHOOPS ! and also poop like a machine! i was holding his bottom in my hand and his front was laying up my chest... i could feel him pooping in my hand... when i moved him off my hand about 10 mins later there was a pile of poop just sitting in my hand ! LOL. so gross. but at least it is clean and not stinky or messy like other animal poops.

Boomer is fine now. He just apparently really hates the vacuum.

He weighed in today at 554 grams.

Boomer has been just chilling indoors while i work all week. The weather is starting to cool down now it is autumn. so soon enough he will get to stay in the sunroom permanently. he stays inside right now because it use to get a bit too warm out there during the day, but quickly the weather is cooling and the days are lovely and cool and nights are getting COLD!

It is a HOT one here today. Came home to a very happy bunny....

Boomer spent his first weekend all alone.... no one for company... i was thinking of him all day every day while we were away for the weekend. I was happy to be home and so was Boomer. I swear he grew heaps since i last seen him on Friday. I put about a weeks worth of food and water in his cage while we were gone and well lets just say i doubt he would have had anything left if we left him for another 2 days.... defiantly doesn't know how to ration his food....lol.

This afternoon it got REALLY hot... Boomer is inside in the coolest room of the house and he was still panting... so for the first time i gave him a ice brick. (one of my sons ice bricks he would usually use in his lunch box) I didn't think Boomer would know how to use it but within seconds he was licking it and sleeping next to it with his paws and ears laying on top of it... it was really cute! looked like boomer was melting......his feet were all wet... but of course as soon as i grabbed the camera he woke up and wouldn't lay back down again.... oh well....

I also decided to finally use the hay rack that came with the cage... i never knew how it worked until i seen someone elses on this forum. When i purchased the cage they had the hay rack on the inside and i couldn't figure out how the bunny would get to his food. so i never used it. Since Boomer has not taken a liking of peeing all over his hay side now instead of the litter side of the tray, i thought i'd give the rack a go... Boomer has already figured it out. What a clever boy! i should stop thinking he doesn't know anything because clearly he does!

Boomer has had lots of cuddles today. we all missed him. and i could tell he missed us too... next weekend away i am bringing him with me... smuggle him in to the hotel! i cant stand being away from him for more than half a day at a time.

I've now frozen some large water bottle for any hot days coming (for Boomer to Keep Cool) .... i didn't think the weather (now being Autumn) would reach this hot. I guess I am wrong.
Boomer is due for a weigh in tonight. He has definitely grown LOTS !

I wish he wouldn't move when i go to take cute photos... he always thinks i am coming to open the cage or give him pats or treats. so anytime i go near the cage he runs to the door or sits up waiting to see what is coming.

hay rack.jpg

Ok, so i am going a little crazy with posting on this blog.... 2 big posts in 1 day !!! but Boomer is just so darn cute !

he weighed in today at 620grams... My gosh I couldn't believe it when i watched the scale. How big will he get ??? does anyone know?!

I took a million photos tonight.... he is one cute bunny.

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

Today Boomer Bunny did something really silly and quite amazing at the same time.
Boomer has large 30cm long thick cardboard tubes that he plays in and climbes through.
Well today when i got home from work i noticed (he has 2 of them in his cage) one of the tubes was standing upright in his water bowl and he was trying to reach down inside of it to get to his water !!!!

I have no idea how it got in there. this one was inside his house thing . so he would have had to dragged it out of the house. Lift it up and stand it upright in his water bowl. how does such a tiny bunny do such a thing!!!

anyways of course he was heaps thirsty and has a big drink when i removed the tube.
he has a water bottle as well so i know he had access to another water source if needed.

But I'm still amazed at how he managed it.
I think the tunnels will need to come out now because i can just imagine he does it again and this time reaches down in the tunnel and gets trapped drowning himself in the bowl (yes i know probably wont happen but worst case scenario !)
he is getting too big for the tunnels now and has a hard time squeezing all the way through now.

I let Boomer hang outside with me today... he enjoyed a variety of weeds and a gave him free range of one of the basil pots. Thistle was his favourite today. after his adventure outside he went back in his cage and flopped to the side and fell asleep in a food coma...haha.
Less than 5 mins later he is sitting in his food bowl munching on pellets. This boy doesn't stop !

on another note :
I was telling my friend from work (the one who has Coconut. Boomers sibling) about cleaning Boomers cage and how i do it every 2 days... She informed me that she had never cleaned her rabbits cage! I was absolutely appalled. we have had these rabbits for nearly 3 weeks now. how is the cage not stinking and full to the brim of poop and wee !!! i know her rabbits cage is smaller than Boomers and she doesn't let her bunny free range in any part of the house unless it is with her. but that's gross and unhygienic. I let her know exactly what i thought of that .... She used a whole bag of hay for her floor covering. Boomer has a litter pan and we use paper on his floor. so i guess that it would be less noticeable if the whole cage was covered in hay compared to Boomer's where you can see every single poop that missed the litter pan and since the litter pan is paper pellets you can see the rabbit poos easily. Anyways makes me still feel bad for Boomers sibling, i think Boomer deserves the best, so his siblings should too. hopefully she cleaned out the cage after my little lecture of rabbit care.... ;-) I am her supervisor at work but what she does in her home and in her life i have no control over...

Boomer weighs 672 grams today.... after his giant meal of fresh weeds and basil. :woohoo my big boy!

I keep thinking how inconvenient it would be if the vet tells me in 2 weeks that Boomer is actually a girl ! haha... maybe i will try and get a photo of Boomers bits and see if you guys can tell........... I'm still guessing BOY! the pics on the internet look like boomers boy bits.

I did some facebook stalking this morning... and i found the person who gave me the bunny facebook page. after a minute or 2 of stalking look what i found !
You can guess which one is Boomer ... haha not too hard to guess. they are all so tiny. so cute !
not too sure which one is Coconut though. (the bunny my friend from work got) there is two there which look so much alike i cant tell. maybe she can.

anyways Boomer this morning is a big 723grams. he is such a naughty boy , but lucky he is cute.
whenever i give him a fresh bowl of water the first things he does is throw everything in to it... toys.... shredded paper... poop... food...anything ! i have to continually clean it out and put fresh water in it.... sort of annoying !

he bites now too... that is not fun ! whenever he doesn't get his way or if he doesn't want me holding him he will just bite me. meanie ! i don't even react to it. i just ignore him. lucky the bites are not too bad yet, but any harder it will be hard to ignore.
I guess i should do some reading on bunny biting and how to deal with it.

he is still a sweet boy.most of the time.

It has been raining here for a whole week straight. i have taken over Boomers sun room to hang clothes and set up drying racks, just so i have clean clothes. he likes running around and through all the hanging clothes, so i guess it is fun for him. but i cant leave him unsupervised out there now because he chews buttons and stitching on the clothes. i think the weather is clearing up a little today so maybe he will have his sun room back again soon.
he still has room for his short distance racing and kangaroo bouncing (that's what i call it) so he is happy.

some photos of today and the one i found on facebook.

babiesssss.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

Goodness look at how much he has grown!! :D What a cutie. Bandit doesn't do it as often, but I sometimes find his toys in his water bowl as well, it's quite funny :)

In regards to the biting, Bandit also went through a bit of a phase growing up. Every now and then he still nips lightly (more of teeth grazing skin than an actual nip), but it's really only if I'm in the way, and I didn't get the message the first couple of times he nudged me to move :p You need to make a sharp sound, like a yelp or similar to let them know it hurt (even if it didn't) and you can push his head down (gently but firmly) against the the ground as a way of telling him no.

Boomer is NOT scared of loud noises... (unless it is the vacuum) the other day i caught him eating the chilli plant when i was cleaning his cage and i smacked the newspaper on the ground hoping to scare him away from the plant... loudest bang ever, and he didnt even flinch! then when he was running around the sun room he was pulling a thread from the stitching on the lounge again i clapped my hands and said no in a loud voice.. didnt stop him at all... hahaha. he lives on a main road (constant traffic and noise) and is use to loud noises and children so nothing fazes this boy ! i'm always holding him when he bites, i will try the head thing. it isn't a huge problem yet so lets hope it doesn't become one...

Boomer goes to the vets this week or early next. just need to find a day i get out early from work to take him. i'm excited to take him to the vet. weird hey! not only to confirm he is a boy (just so i can say YAY i'm right) but to get the vaccination and a check up to check all is well.... haven't had any problems so far and everything looks good to me so hope the vet says he is in great health and doing well!

Last night Boomer tried to hop in the Spa bath with me. My boyfriend was carrying him around and came in to the bathroom to talk to me. he put Boomer on the ground and after exploring Boomer hopped up on the step then up to the spa ledge to me trying to come to me, but stopped in his tracks when he realised he was on a slippery surface and his feet were getting wet. he wasn't sure what to do so i had to help him down. haha. i could tell he was trying to come to me as he usually would if he is out and about, but he couldnt...hehe . lucky he didnt fall in and stopped when he did or he would have!

Boomer is HUGE compared to when i got him. it is unreal how fast they grow. i thought he would stay tiny a little longer. he is loosing his baby look and looks heaps more "mature" now.He is in to EVERYTHING and likes to know where i am at all times. it's like having a dog. he comes when called, well most of the time. and he follows me everywhere.
The only time i can get a decent picture is when he is eating or investigating something. he never stands still ! and even when he is sleeping if i come close he gets up thinking i have a treat for him or that i will give him cuddles.

Boomer is one happy bunny. the mower man hasn't been in at work for a while so i was able to collect a big handful of fresh long grass and parsley from the children's gardens for him to munch on this afternoon. (we don't use poisons or chemicals there) i thought i would make the food more interesting by twisting and sewing it through a large plastic ball with big holes in it. i think it is suppose to be a cat ball but it is just bigger than a tennis ball size. anyways it makes a great treat ball and now Boomer has to turn and pull and manipulate the ball around to get all the good grass and parsley bits. he loves it !

When i got home from work today i walked in to the front door which leads to the sun room and panicked ! it was HOT in the sunroom !!! i freaked out thinking Boomer was going to die or was suffering from the heat or worse DEAD. to my surprise was Boomer just chilling out next to a partially frozen water bottle.My son amazed me. he told me he was leaving for school this morning and seen Boomer panting so gave him the bottle. Now my son isnt the most responsible kid. he cant even manage to pack his own school bag or remember to brush his teeth unless told. so i was AMAZED when he remembered a conversation i had when i was filling up the soft drink bottle. when he asked why i was putting water in a empty bottle i told him how rabbits like to keep cool with them when it is hot so i was going to freeze it for hot days for Boomer. what a great kid i have ! i didn't think it would be hot today as it has been cold and raining for more than a week here. love my boy and lucky Boomer has him looking out for him too. only thing wrong was he put it ON TOP of boomers little house thing. if it was to roll off it would crush boomer if he was under it. so i showed him where to put it next time.

On a sad note.-------NEED TO VENT----------
My friend at work brought in Boomers sibling bunny Coconut to work today. she brought him in his cage for the children to see. he is still soooooo tiny compared to Boomer.
The cage is TINY ! was sad to see thats where he lives... and also in coconuts food bowl was all seed grains, corn and dried vegetables and pellet mix (grocery store mix). I said to my friend that isn't good bunny food. also the bunny doesnt always get hay either. and it also had a seed and nut treat bar thing in its cage. but without causing a huge argument and fight i just made a comment about what Boomer eats and what the internet (Rabbits online) says about hay and not feeding seeds and corn etc..... hoping she'd think about better care for coconut. she does give him lots of carrots, grapes, apple and watermelon at home too. it makes it hard when i have to work with this person i cant say things without consequences. (she's a very emotional high strung person) but i feel REALLY bad for Coconut. when i was holding coconut he pooped on me and it was like little rocks ! his poops are not normal. probably due to his diet. one fell on the floor and it sounded like dropping a tiny rock. Coconut is such a cute little relaxed bunny, nothing bothers him. i just hope this lady listens to what i say and gives coconut more healthier foods. while at work i picked grass, celery and parsley and put them in his cage. he gobbled them down and loved it ! she has also seen and heard how well Boomer does with toilet training and has now got a litter dish and set coconuts cage up cleaner and better to aid in training him. so thats a bonus!
-----vent over-----

Well..... that's it for today. don't have time to weigh Boomer as i have LOTS of work to do tonight. he is one big bunny though and very cute and naughty and sweet all at the same time.

Boomer spent lots of time inside with lots of cuddles this afternoon. he has been super sweet all afternoon. a little bit cheeky too.
He found a new game called..... pull the tissues out of the tissue box ! it was cute to watch. he has discovered the side table next to the lounge and decided that is a GREAT place to play, as it has the tissue box, a turtle ornament to climb all over, a lovely wooden runner to chew on and a blanket and pillow to lay on..... what a cheeky bunny. he made himself look like an ornament sprawled out in the table chilling out after all his hard work pulling out tissues and chewing on the bamboo runner. naughty Boomer. (pic attached)

Boomer is loving life at the moment. just one chilled out bunny. nothing fazes him anymore. not even the dreaded vacuum. Boomer use to be scared of it, tonight he walked right up to the hose while i was cleaning. i even had to push him out of the way with the hose because he went and layed right where i was vacuuming ! he didnt even move, i nearly vacuumed him up !!! haha. had to pick him up and manually move him .

Boomer is the best. i love him sooooo much !

he is loving the grass balls i have been making him. (attached a pic) i accidentally ruined his slinky today. i stretched it too far out and now it doesn't go back together nicely... i owe Boomer a new one. he loves that thing.

I just cant get enough of this bunny. so much joy in my life with him and he is just the best pet for me !

Boomer ornament.jpg

grass ball.jpg

I love reading Boomer's blog! He's such a sweet bunny. :)

It must be frustrating to see that Coconut isn't eating too well. :( Maybe you could print out a sheet of recommended diets for rabbits and give it to your friend, and just mention that you found it helpful?

Boomer is just the most awesome little guy!!!! He reminds me so much of my dearly departed Trigger, right down to the feet straight back whilst relaxing!!! He seems a bit more playful than ol' Lumpy (Trigger got that nick name because he hardly did ANYTHING; just a big lump).

What a cool little bunny!!!!

Good idea Pani ! I will do that and just be reading it ... and i know she will want to know what i am reading and will take a good look at it if it is about rabbits. she loves her rabbit dearly but just has no idea about what's best.

bunnyman666 Boomer is only young so maybe thats why he is so playful. i hope he doesn't become a lump.....lol. doesn't matter if he does he will still be the greatest little bunny i know and have ever seen.
this is his usual chilling out pose, the other being flat out on his side. he likes to stretch out. he looks quite long when he does. but when he sits up again he is a small fluffy ball of fur.

Just hope Boomer doesn't become like Trigger in this way- Trigger ONLY cooperated with attractive female vet techs, preferably with fabulous cleavage!!! Yes, Lumpy was a bit of a perv...

Boomer is just such a sweetie. What a shame about Coconut and yes the info sheet is a great idea, gentle but not pushy. It is hard when you see them eating the wrong diet, feeding them properly can save a lot of heartache and vets bills as well. I am sure she will take on whatever is best for bun.

Back