Baby rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just focus on the task in front of you right now... making sure these two babies survive. I'm guessing Sakura is still in a box? I know you already know this but she really needs a suitable cage ASAP. It's a shame you didn't prepare more but that's the past, make sure you learn from these mistakes.

Personally I would let the mother have the cage and just keep the kits in a shoe box or nest box. The kits don't need the room as they justsleep anyway.

I keep kits in the nest box a couple weeks till they can climb out on their own. After that I put thenest box in a cage.

It's worth doesn't really mean much, how big is it? That's what matters. :)

Edit to add- What size box is she in now?

Happi Bun wrote:

Well the hutch is MASSIVE. Sukura has a big enough box because she just sleeps in it, she gets to run around all day.

paul2641 wrote:
Happi Bun wrote:

Well the hutch is MASSIVE. Sukura has a big enough box because she just sleeps in it, she gets to run around all day.
Alright, great! :thumbup How are the kits doing?
Are they going to the bathroom and eating?

Happi Bun wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Happi Bun wrote:

Alright, great! :thumbup How are the kits doing?
Are they going to the bathroom and eating?
Yup there eating and going to the toilet.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on it being that big, a massive hutch anywhere in Ireland would be in around 200-300. Unless it's some huge closing down sale or something, 85 would get you something along the lines of

This:

82833_sunnypet_classic_1.jpg

82793_sunnypet_standard_1.jpg

irishbunny wrote:
I wouldn't get your hopes up on it being that big, a massive hutch anywhere in Ireland would be in around 200-300. Unless it's some huge closing down sale or something, 85 would get you something along the lines of

This:

82833_sunnypet_classic_1.jpg

82793_sunnypet_standard_1.jpg
I don't know the size of it, but my mother said it's massive. I will tell you is It as big as the one in the photo.

jcl_24 wrote:
A new hutch for the buns is good news. Keep up your efforts with all of them Paul :)

Jo x

Thanks.

Update there feeding off mother now all the time. I will only give bottle once a day. they feed off mother 4 times a day. One is defo a bigger eater then the other. They are begining to grow fur and I can see the eyes getting bigger.

We got the hutch there about half an hour ago.It is alot bigger then the one you posted a pic of irishbunny. So now all my rabbits are housed separtely. Sukura is in the new hutch witch is the biggest, Suki in the second biggest and Roger in the smallest but It still is a good size even for him.

At this young age, the babies should be together. It is important for their social growth and development to stay together until they are 8-10 weeks old. They will learn how to interact, and they will emotionally support each other. They will also help keep each other warm, which will help their chances of survival.

It is once they are 8-10 weeks old that you need to separate them so they don't reach sexual maturity and mate with each other if they are boy/girl.

--Dawn

aurora369 wrote:
At this young age, the babies should be together. It is important for their social growth and development to stay together until they are 8-10 weeks old. They will learn how to interact, and they will emotionally support each other. They will also help keep each other warm, which will help their chances of survival.

It is once they are 8-10 weeks old that you need to separate them so they don't reach sexual maturity and mate with each other if they are boy/girl.

--Dawn
Yeah they are together, What I meant was split sukuras new cage into two so herself and the kits have somewhere to live.

:highfive:

Paul - it sounds like you're working hard at trying to do the right things - I'm so proud of you.

WAY TO GO!

How are the kits doing? Any pictures?

Kits are good, name them Mr wiggles(shakes his head like a dog out of a bath)
Dopey(takes for ever to latch onto a nipple)
They are eatting brillently. I won't have pics till they have hair,sis won't Allow photos if they don't have hair.

Latest posts

Back