Baby rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update the babies are doing good, But my question is, one of them is growing and the other isn't(well the one I think isn't growing is very small compared to the sibling any reasons for this?)

I think a picture to see the size difference would help people to tell you if one of them is a peanut baby or if s/he is just not thriving as well

Sabine wrote:
I think a picture to see the size difference would help people to tell you if one of them is a peanut baby or if s/he is just not thriving as well
I can't take pictures my sister won't allow me. It's defo not a peanut because it is eatting.

Peanuts can eat, and can survive for a shrot while (I think gentle giants -?- had one that was a couple of weeks old). There are lots of different types of dwarfism though, and also there may be internal problems that may cause it to not thrive. Are mum and dad related?

paul2641 wrote:
Kits are good, name them Mr wiggles(shakes his head like a dog out of a bath)
Dopey(takes for ever to latch onto a nipple)
They are eatting brillently. I won't have pics till they have hair,sis won't Allow photos if they don't have hair.

Why won't your sister allow pictures? Can't you tell her that we need some to see their size differances, it can aid in their survival?

Emily

Paul it doesn't matter what your sister thinks. She should not say that you cant take pics because they have no fur. That is crazy!

You really should take pics so we can help you!

Paul, taking a photo of them before they have fur won't hurt them. And it will help us help you. If "Dopey" (the one that "takes forever to latch onto a nipple") is a "peanut", they will try to eat, but just won't grow.

But a photo would help...

Well it is my sisters camera, So I can't just take the photos if she says no. I really hope it's not a peanut, What would the photo have to show for someone to be able to give me a proper answer on is it a peanut or not?

We don't want you to get in trouble with yor sister. Don't use her camera unless she gives permisson. But maybe you can explain it to her.

True "peanuts", babies that inherit 2 dwarfing genes from their parents, tend to have subtle physical traits that show up when placed next to a healthy baby. Their head tends to be domed (higher,rounder) than the average baby, they may have "paddle feet", feet that look big for them with a webbing between the toes, their head may appear larger... in not usually in proportion to the rest of the body.

A photo would show this, especially next to a sibling.

Unfortunately, a true peanut can't survive. But if it isn't a peanut, we might be able to suggest things to help it along and keep up with it's sibling.

BlueGiants wrote:
We don't want you to get in trouble with yor sister. Don't use her camera unless she gives permisson. But maybe you can explain it to her.

True "peanuts", babies that inherit 2 dwarfing genes from their parents, tend to have subtle physical traits that show up when placed next to a healthy baby. Their head tends to be domed (higher,rounder) than the average baby, they may have "paddle feet", feet that look big for them with a webbing between the toes, their head may appear larger... in not usually in proportion to the rest of the body.

Unfortunately, a true peanut can't survive. But if it isn't a peanut, we might be able to suggest things to help it along and keep up with it's sibling.
I'll ask her know see what she says.

paul2641 wrote:
BlueGiants wrote:

I'll ask her know see what she says.
Her camera is out of battery.

BlueGiants wrote:
OK, you tried... lets just concentrate on keeping the babies healthy and warm. How are they doing today?

The one with half an ear is just so Fat, And the possible peanut is really small but is growing teeth and nails( I didn't notice any of the signs pointing to a peanut when I just checked there).

Mr wiggles is eatting loads. And it seems all the fur that is starting to grow is all white, does this mean they will be white all over there body for the rest of there lives?, or will it change when they malt?

They may be white or an off-white color, but they may also develop "points" of color (like a darker nose and ears), like your avatar bunny. The points may not come in for a little while.

Maybe you can hold back Mr. Wiggles while the Dopey eats first. Give him a couple minutes to fill up first, with less competition from Mr Wiggles. Then put Mr Wiggles under there to eat.

paul2641 wrote:
BlueGiants wrote:
OK, you tried... lets just concentrate on keeping the babies healthy and warm. How are they doing today?

The one with half an ear is just so Fat, And the possible peanut is really small but is growing teeth and nails( I didn't notice any of the signs pointing to a peanut when I just checked there).

Mr wiggles is eatting loads. And it seems all the fur that is starting to grow is all white, does this mean they will be white all over there body for the rest of there lives?, or will it change when they malt?
It is possible for the peanut to reach 7 or even 8 weeks old, they do grow and develop like normal baby buns but are just smaller and always die.

BlueGiants wrote:
They may be white or an off-white color, but they may also develop "points" of color (like a darker nose and ears), like your avatar bunny. The points may not come in for a little while.

Maybe you can hold back Mr. Wiggles while the Dopey eats first. Give him a couple minutes to fill up first, with less competition from Mr Wiggles. Then put Mr Wiggles under there to eat.
I always feed them separtaly and the littlin always goes first. Last night he suckled for 10 whole minutes!

paul2641 wrote:
BlueGiants wrote:

I always feed them separtaly and the littlin always goes first. Last night he suckled for 10 whole minutes!
Excellent! Lets hope that works!

BlueGiants wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
BlueGiants wrote:

Excellent! Lets hope that works!
Hasn't really fed off momma very well today though.

Back