Ash's adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ash sounds like my boys, the heat is really making them lethargic and they spend most of their time flopping or meatloafing and don´t do much running or binkying until it gets quite late and cools off a little bit.

Good to hear your mouth is healing nicely.

Yes the heat isn't good for them. Ash is laying down right now. I refreshed his water with really cold water so that should help.

Thanks, yes its healing pretty well. :)

Ellie's been doing a lot of flopping out too. Its been pretty warm and humid and gross here, so she's been trying to stay cool I guess.

I'm glad your tooth is spot is healing well. The mouth is the fastest part of the body to heal.

I can't wait to see your crochet dragon!
Also, I didn't know it took you guys that long to get into town! My moms house in Tennessee was like that, it took her 40 minutes to get to a gas station. It took like 30 more minutes to get into the town to get the food and stuff. I like living in the country, but not THAT far out. haha.

Ash is really stretching out on our tiles. Probably because they are cool and it feels good to lie on them.

Thanks, yes its healing pretty well.

Town is actually only 30 minutes away from us BUT most of the stuff we need to get is unfortunately most of the stuff we need is in another town which is an hour and a half away.

So today its been really hot like yesterday. No rain today so I guess I'll have to water the plants. Almost everyday has been rainy so its been a nice break from watering but I guess now the rainy days are over. Its really hot I'm sweating in the house as I type this.

Finally today I'm going to pick up my crochet dragon. We called them and they said we could pick it up today. Not sure how it placed they didn't tell us that so I guess when we go today we'll find out. I'll be leaving pretty soon and I'll be back at around 5 or 6 since we have to go to a number of different stores. And than at 6 we are going to the swimming hole since its so hot. I just figured I'd get an update in before we leave.

We've been seeing quite a few snakes around here lately. Yesterday I saw two snakes near my watermelon plants under a board that I put near the plants to kill the weeds. And today I saw some snake skin. One thing I like about winter there are no snakes. I don't like walking knowing that snakes might jump out and bite me, lol.

I feel like taking a cold shower since its so hot, maybe I will.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated lately

So after finally getting the dragon back yesterday I got a couple of pics for you all. The art contest was being held at a library near by here and when I submitted it they said they would call us and tell us if I won. So I waited and didn't get any phone call and a couple of weeks later I was going to be going to the town the library was in for some supplies so I called the library and asked if I could pick the dragon up and they said yes you can pick it up any time. So I decided that when I went to town I would pick the dragon up on the way back. So I walked in to the library after I had done all of my shopping and I walked over to the table where I saw my dragon and I was a 1st place tag on it!!! :D woo hoo!!! :clapping: :yes: I was pretty happy when I saw it but now I'm wondering why they didn't call me since I won like they said they would. They also said that the winner would get some money and I didn't get that either yet. I'm thinking maybe they'll send it by mail. Anyway I don't really care much about the money or that they didn't call me I'm just really happy that I won. I think I might even get in the newspaper! It was nice finally getting the dragon back after a long time. Oh and I forgot to say I made a little rider for the dragon too with a sword and shield. Anyway, I should stop blabbing and show you pics of the dragon and its rider. Here they are. I'm pretty sure that this is the best thing I've crocheted yet. It tops my other projects. I love making dragons and hope to make a bunch more in the near future. I've always liked dragons and its plenty fun designing and coming up with the shapes needed to make the dragon. But often I have to undo some parts and redo them to make them look better. Its all trial and error. But I'm very happy with how he turned out. There I go off again blabbing, lol. Here, I'm going to stop and post some pictures now.
phplyaeutpm-7391.jpg

phpjlvf5vpm-7394.jpg

phpvz0vscpm-7397.jpg
php5vxbbipm-7396.jpg

phpvufkhwpm-7393.jpg

phpmnfijwpm-7392.jpg

php8nu88opm-7395.jpg

So today I looked at the watermelon plants and a couple of them already have flower buds! Defintely flower buds this time I can see the green petals and everything. Hopefully I will still have some time left to grow some of the watermelons. They should open in a couple of days. I can't wait!

So right now I can keep hearing thunder and once in a while I see some lightning. Its pretty stormy today. We usually don't get many thunder storms around here. It did rain a bit but not very much. The weather has been so weird today! We were planning on going to the swimming hole today but than it had to start getting stormy. The thing is weather.com said that we weren't supposed to get any rain at 5 but of course we did. Weather men can be off quite a bit. Its happened a bunch of times before where it says that it won't rain/snow ect but it does. A lot of times I don't trust the weather.

Oh and yesterday we got Ash a new fan! it was only 20 dollars and it works really well. At first when I turned it on and positioned it near him he ran away because it scared him but now he already loves it and I already see him laying near it often. I'm glad we got it it seems to really help cool him off a bit.

Right now I can still here the thunder and it looks foggy out. Next Saturday we are going to see fireworks. I don't know why they are having them so late but I like watching them so I'm happy.

So yesterday we went to the swimming hole. We first drove over and we saw that in the usual place we would swim there was quite a few people so we went to another part of the river that's a couple hundred feet from where the first one is. Its under a bridge where cars pass. There are a lot of big fish in that area and the ground is flat under the water. Then some people came to that part of the swimming hole and we had an eating break and went to the first swimming hole. We stayed for a while and than couple of people came with 3 dogs. 2 of them were large pretty dogs and the smallest one was a little dog. Funny thing is they said that the little dog could be really mean. One of the big dogs went in the river and stared really intently in to the river-they said he was trying to fish, lol. It was funny to watch and the third dog had to sit in one of the guys laps in the water. The dogs were pretty funny. Than is started raining and thundering so we left.

The watermelon plants haven't opened the flowers yet but I can see some more buds. Don't know if I will get many watermelons this year or any at all. Hopefully I will I want to see if I can get some big ones.

I can see Ash hopping around trying to chew things right now. I better write this post fast before he gets a hold of something that he can't have. I wish I had a huge bunny room made of apple wood where I wouldn't have to worry about him chewing things.

So the library people called me today and said that they sent a check for prize money. Its 25 dollars.

Do any of you guys ice skate? I haven't ever ice skated but I'd like to learn how. I found out online that you can get something called synthetic ice. Its plastic that's designed for skating on they make it really close to ice as a substitute for ice. You can buy panels of them and connect them together. We want to buy some of them. Especially my mom who used to ice skate as a kid. I would cost 5-10 thousand dollars to make a decent sized one but we still want to buy it anyway. Were going to save up some money to get a bunch of the panels.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday!

I haven't been ice skating since I was a kid. I'm southern and thats not really a thing down here. haha. But my husband is from Pittsburgh, so hockey is huge up there, so he naturally knows how to ice skate. haha.
That would be really cool to have an ice rink in your yard or something! haha. Thats kind of crazy though, that they make that stuff.

I know its weird, they started making them sometime in the 1900's but they weren't made very well and they collected lots of dirt and grime, so I read anyway. And then later on they started to make them better. I do agree that it would be awesome to have one in your yard. This is something that we are seriously looking in to buying. We were even thinking about actually putting one together and charging people around 5 dollars an hour to skate on it. There aren't any skating places around here so we thought it might get popular. Plus you wouldn't have to maintain it like you do real ice rinks.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

So today we went to a "world class" swimming hole. At least they call it a world class swimming hole. When we went there it was horrible! The water was freezing like 60 degrees and I saw 2 "arms" of a crayfish laying on 2 rocks. And I saw a skeleton of a crayfish with a missing "arm". It was so weird. I'm never going there again. lol. Plus its an hour away when the better one is only 10-15 minutes away.

And after we left the "world class" swimming hole we stopped off at our favorite one. We had a good time and the water was like 80 degrees. It was a nice difference from the "world class" swimming hole.

So yesterday it rained a little bit. It was thundering quite a bit too. I looked up online how to play poker and played with coins just for fun with my brothers. It was fun to play. We didn't actually bet on real money though. We just used some coins for chips. It was a fun game.

I think they watermelon flowers are going to open soon. They look like they are pretty developed. Don't know if I have enough time for the plant to actually grow a watermelon though. I think we have about almost 2 months left. I don't know if that's enough time for a giant watermelon to grow though.

Ash chewed up my book yesterday. I don't really mind as we are getting the boxed set. Its The Lord Of The Rings books. He chewed up The Hobbit. I like the movies so I decided to try reading the books and see how they are compared to the movies.

Hopefully we will get to go swimming today. Its been really hot out recently and we've been going almost everyday. Its a nice way to cool off. We'll probably leave in a couple hours.

Ash has been enjoying his new fan. He's been laying down next to it everyday. I think it really helps cool him off. I put a frozen carrot for him in the freezer but a couple days later I took ti out to give to him and it was rotten. Ew! I should have known it would rot. I think I'll stick to giving him frozen strawberries.

The carrot rotted? That really surprises me actually. I mean you can be packaged frozen carrot, so I don't understand why you couldn't just pop one in the freezer. Nevermind, if frozen strawberries work then that's fine too :) I'm glad Ash is enjoying his fan though.

I wish it was warm enough here to go swimming, I love swimming and can't wait for summer again.

Maybe you just left the carrot in the freezer too long or something. I hate when I forget a bag of carrots in the drawer of the fridge and they get dried out and weird looking. haha.

I've only been swimming once this year. I would love to go swimming in a swimming hole though.

I hope your watermelons do well, I wonder if its been too wet for them? I wouldn't know, I've never grown watermelons.

I probably did leave it in for too long. It was in there for a few days, I just guess I didn't think it would rot.

It might be too wet. Its been raining everyday for like 2 weeks! But finally I have some flowers on my plants.

So today its my birthday. I have a favorite show called Once Upon a Time and someone wrote a book about the show. I got the book for my birthday. Its already a good book and I've only read the first chapter. Its long though, 300 pages long. It'll take a while to finish but I like long books.

We might go swimming today. On Wednesday we we go to a swimming pool. I saw pictures for it and its a pretty big pool. Its heated with solar panels and its pretty cheap, 3 dollars per person. I've never been there before but I'll see if I like it.

Its been raining pretty much everyday for like 2 weeks! I just looked at our rain gauge outside and it looks like we got an inch of rain! It does get annoying walking outside and feeling my shoes sink in the mud. When its fry here the ground is really hard. I ride my bike on it sometimes for exercise.

What are you all looking forward to do in Fall? I'm mostly looking forward to hiking on some trails and biking on a trails.

:birthday:party: Happy Birthday! How old are you?!
I don't really like birthdays that much, because nothing fun happens anymore. I stopped celebrating at 21 and I'll be 24 this year, so the next birthday will be the one I'll celebrate. I'll go with every 5 years. haha.
I'm glad you got something you like though! Its always nice to get something you'll really enjoy.

I like the fall because I can open my windows and get fresh air. And I can go back outside! haha. Its been so hot and muggy and rainy for the last few weeks, we haven't been going outside that much. Then maybe we'll go to the mountains or something for the leaf color changes. Also, my best friend gets married in October, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Happy birthday Elise.....hope you had a great day.

Wait till you get to 40 or even 50, then you really will feel like stopping celebrating birthdays....imagine being my mom´s age, I always laugh and tell he that she´ll get a telegram from the Queen when she´s 100...I´m sure she´ll get there.

I just want the summer to finish and get back to some cooler weather which is around 25ºC here and we can get a good night´s sleep again. I haven´t been swimming yet this year at all and I live right near the sea and have a pool downstairs. Am I getting lazy or maybe just can´t stand the heat...much nicer indoors and in the shade.

That´s weird with the frozen carrot, yuk. I haven´t tried any frozen fruit on mine...sounds like a good idea. I have got the fan on all the time thought...dreading getting my electricity bill.

:birthday:party: Happy Birthday! How old are you?!
I don't really like birthdays that much, because nothing fun happens anymore. I stopped celebrating at 21 and I'll be 24 this year, so the next birthday will be the one I'll celebrate. I'll go with every 5 years. haha.
I'm glad you got something you like though! Its always nice to get something you'll really enjoy.

I like the fall because I can open my windows and get fresh air. And I can go back outside! haha. Its been so hot and muggy and rainy for the last few weeks, we haven't been going outside that much. Then maybe we'll go to the mountains or something for the leaf color changes. Also, my best friend gets married in October, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Morgan, 17. My, time does fly! I know what you mean about not celebrating. Once I get to your age I'll probably stop. Because I live with my parents we always celebrate on my birthday. I can't see myself celebrating at 23 though.

Happy birthday Elise.....hope you had a great day.

Wait till you get to 40 or even 50, then you really will feel like stopping celebrating birthdays....imagine being my mom´s age, I always laugh and tell he that she´ll get a telegram from the Queen when she´s 100...I´m sure she´ll get there.

I just want the summer to finish and get back to some cooler weather which is around 25ºC here and we can get a good night´s sleep again. I haven´t been swimming yet this year at all and I live right near the sea and have a pool downstairs. Am I getting lazy or maybe just can´t stand the heat...much nicer indoors and in the shade.

That´s weird with the frozen carrot, yuk. I haven´t tried any frozen fruit on mine...sounds like a good idea. I have got the fan on all the time thought...dreading getting my electricity bill.

Thanks, I know what you mean I wont be celebrating at 50 or 60, lol. Your mom seems pretty healthy I hope she does go to 100.

Back