Ash's adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ikea sells this little green house for like $20. I'm willing to bet you don't have a store near you but I think you can order them on line. Its a smaller one, but big enough to start a few plants. Plus, they look really nice! I think I'm going to get one next time I go up there. If I do get one, I'll show it to you.
Or they sell the seed starting boxes at Walmart in the spring that are only a few dollars. I got one one year and it did well to start everything off. I started too early so everything got too big before I could put it outside and only some of the stuff made it. haha.
Then Big Lots sold a really nice walk in green house for like $60. It was a really good price for what it was, considering some of the other ones I saw earlier this year at Lowes were like $120 for the same thing.

Its still pretty hot here. It wasn't terrible today, but I was on the phone outside sweating. haha. I can't wait for fall and winter though, because for me...its the Year of the Sweater.

Chris, good idea. I probably should have them checked. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. :)

Morgan, those little greenhouses sound good! And our right, we don't have an Ikea nearby. My dad built a Cold Frame I think about 3 years ago. We still have it. I could even start watermelons in there. I'll try to get a cpiture of my little watermelons soon. Its getting pretty cool in the mornings! And really chilly at night! The middle of the day its when its warm.

Yesterday I went hiking on a roda that's rarely used. It was a nice walk! When I got back to the house I laid in Ash's pen and he sniffed all over me like why do you smell like wood and plants, lol. It was funny! I gave him some head rubs and pets and afterwards he groomed me. He's such a sweet bunny!

I was gone all day today, I went to Walmart and got some rubber rainbooty type shoes.t gets muddy over here sometimes! Its really late and I'm super tired but just thought I'd update. I'm going to catch up on blogs tomorrow but for now I'm going straight to bed, haha.

Wow, I haven't been on in a while! Ash is doing very well. He doesn't have any gas anymore. I'll try to get some pictures of him today. I want to let him outside on the porch as its a cloudy day and I'm sure Ash would love to get some fresh outdoor air.

My watermelon plants do have a few watermelons. The biggest watermelon is maybe 1-2 inches long. I don't know if any of them will get big enough to eat but we'll see. They seem to grow so fast! I'll have to water them today as it hasn't rained in a while!

A few days ago I was walking outside and I saw a bucket filled with water, and I saw a dead bird in it. :( The bird must have gotten in and drowned. Poor bird. I dumped the bucket of water so that no more birds would get stuck in it. I was pretty sad about that.

On top of everything I have a cold. Its not fun. I'm just getting plenty of rest. I hope it passes. soon. Its not fun to be sick at all.

Happy Friday!

Hi, Elise!
Good to see you posting again! Sorry you have a cold, hope you will be over it soon! This crazy weather, its easy to get sick. Glad Ash is doing well! Sorry to hear a poor bird must have fallen in the bucket & couldn't get out. It is sad. Best to be sure to dump out buckets or other containers like them, it will also give mosquitos fewer breeding places. I don't think this summer & its wet weather has been very good for most of the crops. Everything needs water but not too much & not too little to survive & grow. This year has been the wettest summer I can recall in my history of living here in the south! Of course, I appreciate not having temps in the 100's but yet I could use a little more sunshine to do some projects that requires me to be outside! Hope you will be over your cold soon & feeling better!

Good to see you back on here Elise and good that Ash is feeling a lot better now. Not so good that you´ve got a cold but they soon pass.

what a shame about the bird, it is best not to keep water stored in buckets or containers, it can be a hazard to many small animals.

Hope your watermelons keep growing and yóu are able to eat them, that would be so good.

More pics of Ash please, I´ve missed him.

Thank you both! :)

A bucket must have been left out accidentally and gotten rained in because usually we make sure to bring the buckets in the shed. At first I didn't notice the bird inside and than I did...It was sad.

The watermelon seems to be growing so much every day. Its now about 2 and a half inches when about 2 days ago it was only 1 inch. Its growing really fast!

I did get some pictures of Ash yesterday, I'm going off to resize and upload them now! :)

Wow, I haven't posted in a while!

I got some pictures of Ash a few days ago but I haven't resized them yet. I tried to resize them the day I got them but internet was slow and wouldn't let me. I'll try again today. I know I haven't posted any pictures of him in a while! I probably should!

The weather has been really nice lately. The leaves are starting to fall and Autumn is creeping up on us! The days are getting cooler but its still been really nice out! It rained yesterday and that was the break of the nice weather. But its been pretty nice today. Its sunny and warm out.

My watermelons are growing really quickly and now I do have a little hope for them to grow. They may not get to full size but I think they should get pretty big. I'll get some photo's of them. The biggest melon is about maybe 5-7 inches long and it has a little bite on it probably from a rabbit or a mouse.

We moved a large table out of the house and into the shed and moved Ash's pen over to the wall where the table used to be. Ash seemed a little confused about the changes, especially because he liked to rest under the table but we had to move it. Now he seems to act like normal and he's found a new spot he likes to rest. The new spot is behind the couch.

I'm looking outside and there's a nice blue sky! I'll be going outside soon after this post as its so nice out!

Happy Thursday everyone!

Here are some pictures of Ash. I don't really feel like resizing them. I'm too tired. These are the links to them. :)

file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/023.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/020.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/019.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/018.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/017.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/016.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/015.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/014.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/013.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/012.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/010.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/009.JPG

Not sure if the links will work. Let me know if they do.

Here are some pictures of Ash. I don't really feel like resizing them. I'm too tired. These are the links to them. :)

file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/023.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/020.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/019.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/018.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/017.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/016.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/015.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/014.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/013.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/012.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/010.JPG
file:///C:/Users/Registered%20User/Pictures/2013-08-24/009.JPG

Not sure if the links will work. Let me know if they do.

Doesn't work for me :(

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Wow! I sure haven't posted in a while. I've been sick for a couple of days so that's partly to blame. I have a LOT to update but I'll update a little later today, or maybe right now. Not in this post. This post is just to show you all I'm still here! :)

Okay. Here comes the big long update!

Starting with Ash. He's been doing awesome! Just thought I'd say that just so you all know that he's okay. He's really going to town on his cardboard box house. He destroyed the floor of it he made another doorway and enlarged the front doorway. I need to get a picture of it for you all! I need to tell you something funny Ash does every morning. Whenever I come out to see him when I wake up he gets all excited and runs in his and runs out! Then he jumps all over the place doing headflicks. And when I sit down with him he settles in bun loaf position and licks me after that he sits there and soaks my pets in. He's so cute! I really have to get a video of his good morning to me. :)

Now onto my garden stuff. I'll first talk about the watermelons. Well they now have watermelons. The biggest is about inches long. My biggest watermelon plant keeps getting its branches chewed off by something. I don't think its a rabbit, I'm pretty sure its a vole or mouse because there are lot of those outside. I had a big watermelon that seemed to be growing really well but the branch it was growing on got chewed off. I'm thinking of spraying the plant with something but I don't know what I would spray it with. In other garden news I have to tell you guys something really funny that I discovered about a week ago. Well one day I was walking up the driveway from checking our mailbox and I saw a round smooth green thing on our old garden that we are now composting for next year. So I walked up to it and its a giant butternut squash plant that grew itself without any care from seed. I must have put some seeds in the compost pile there. So anyway it has a really big squash on it, like 10 inches long. It looks really healthy and large, it will probably taste pretty good! :)

Its been getting a lot colder here. Today is a warm 84 degree day! But in a few days from now its going to be 36F at night. Pretty close to a frost! So I don't know about any watermelons growing! I'll try again starting them indoors next year. Today is going to be hot! I'll be turning the fan on for Ash! In the meantime I'll try to get those pictures fixed up and posted. Sorry I've been slacking on this blog. From now on I'll try to update it more frequently.

Happy Tuesday!

Onto a new cardboard house for Ash! He destroyed it last night so I'll have to make him a new one since he really enjoys chewing on them and going inside them. :) I'm going to go out and look for a good sized box. Its always fun to make them for him! Maybe this time I'll add another story or some windows to it.

It was really hot yesterday! Wow! 84 degrees, I was sweating luckily Ash had his fan on and blowing at him so he just relaxed by it all day! Today is going to be another hot day but I don't think as hot as yesterday! I need a break from the heat.

I'm looking out the window and I can see the leaves starting to turn red and yellow! Yay, Fall is my favorite season! How is it looking where you guys live? Are the leaves starting to turn yellow and red?

Hi, Elise!
Missed you! Glad Ash is doing so well! Sorry you have been sick, glad you are feeling better now. Fall & spring are my favorite seasons! Summer with its heat & humidity is my least favorite season & its our longest season here in the south! Yes, I would love to move a little further north! lol This year our summer has been the rainiest in my lifetime, I think. Too early here for fall weather or foliage changes. I want to work on making Faith & Hope, my buns a nice little agility course this fall. I'm still trying to catch up with things from my hospital stay! They are spending more time out with me now. I still need to get them a harness but haven't been able to get them to our pet store for a proper fitting! Bunny girls have to be dressed just right! lol Hope christened me last night after her brushing. I was giving her her bunny massage on my lap as we watched tv & she christened me with bunny pee! Fortunately, my shirt absorbed most of it & my pants the rest but it did put an in to our massage/snuggle time for the night. Need to find some easy to grow herbs to grow indoors since I have no yard or porch to do any mini gardening on. Oooops, got to go my ride is here! Talk to you later! How's the crocheting? Any new dragons?

Hi, Elise!
Missed you! Glad Ash is doing so well! Sorry you have been sick, glad you are feeling better now. Fall & spring are my favorite seasons! Summer with its heat & humidity is my least favorite season & its our longest season here in the south! Yes, I would love to move a little further north! lol This year our summer has been the rainiest in my lifetime, I think. Too early here for fall weather or foliage changes. I want to work on making Faith & Hope, my buns a nice little agility course this fall. I'm still trying to catch up with things from my hospital stay! They are spending more time out with me now. I still need to get them a harness but haven't been able to get them to our pet store for a proper fitting! Bunny girls have to be dressed just right! lol Hope christened me last night after her brushing. I was giving her her bunny massage on my lap as we watched tv & she christened me with bunny pee! Fortunately, my shirt absorbed most of it & my pants the rest but it did put an in to our massage/snuggle time for the night. Need to find some easy to grow herbs to grow indoors since I have no yard or porch to do any mini gardening on. Oooops, got to go my ride is here! Talk to you later! How's the crocheting? Any new dragons?

Its been rainy this Summer and definitely a lot cooler than last year but I don't know if its normal to have weather this cool or not since I've only been here for 2 years and only seen 2 Summers. Ugh, lol. Bunny pee! Ash has done that to me before too but my pants soaked it up and I had to change right away. Ash seems to think that anything soft, clothes, covers, beds ect are prefect litter boxes because he always goes to the bathroom on them. Actually I'm crocheting a monster dragon right now! Just the neck is already like 11 inches around. Its going to be massive but hopefully really cool when its done! :)

Good to see you back Elise and good Ash is doing so well.

Still summer here and very warm, we don´t get those love autumns where the leaves change colour, I do miss that where there are so many colours int he trees. It´ll be October or November before we get colder weather and lots of rain.

Hope the butternut squash is nice, I have an enormous pumpkin which my friend gave me but I haven´t opened yet, am waiting until it gets cooler so I can make nice soup and stews.

Thanks Chris!

I love when the trees leaves change. It gets so pretty out! :)

I love pumpkin I bet it'll taste lovely! The butternut squash that is growing here is a lot bigger than normal butternut squashes and its not even ripe yet! It should hopefully taste pretty good.

Glad to see you back and to hear that Ash is well.

Yesterday got to be 93 but today only went to 83 as we had a cold front move through. Too soon yet for changing colors on trees but I'm expecting it. I think it gets prettier up north though. We just don't get the same bright, vibrant colors here which I do miss.

We have been enjoying some food from the garden. I am especially enjoying the cantaloupe and watermelon. I was afraid it would not be as sweet as usual because of all the rain we have had but I had nothing to worry about.

Thanks its good to be back!

Wow, 93 is really hot! I don't think it ever got to the 90's at all this Summer. Last Summer it did, this Summer was a lot cooler then last years Summer.

I'm glad your watermelons were still sweet with all the rain! I doubt I'll even get a sweet watermelon now. I should have started mine earlier.

Back