Ash's adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovemyrabbit

Elise - Introductions & Blogs Moderator
Reaction score
Hi my name is Elise I have two brothers and one sister, one of my brothers loves rabbits and plays with Ash all the time. The other brother is not fond of rabbits and says that cats are much better pets than rabbits (and I totally disagree with him!) My sister loves rabbits as well.

Okay I'm sure all of you are wondering how I ended up with Ash. Well I had always wanted a rabbit (since 2009 anyway.) and I had never planned on getting a rabbit, but my brother was staying at a friends house for the summer, and the friend was friends with a Chinchilla rabbit breeder. And the friend knew that my brother liked rabbits so he bought one from the Chinchilla rabbit breeder, and than asked my parents if they would like to keep him, and they agreed! I say it was the best agreement ever!

I'm sure you all want to see him.

Here he is enjoying a treat.
17868_111202_420000000.jpg

Here he is resting under a cloth I crocheted.
17868_111202_420000001.jpg

Here he is chewing on a piece of straw.
17868_111202_430000002.jpg

You may have already seen these pics but my iphone is missing.
So I cant take any more pictures.

Yea, he is a fun bunny. Sometimes when he is in his playpen he starts pushing it with his nose from the inside and as soon as I push it back he pushes it out again. Its cute but sometimes it gets annoying constantly pushing it back.

And one time when he was running about the house he stopped to sniff my computer mouse cord and then he reached his mouth out and snap! he took a bite out of it. I'm lucky he didn't get electrocuted.

And once he was in his cage and there was an extention cord laying across it and than all the sudden we started having power flickers and we went to his cage and found him chewing on it through the bars. Again I'm lucky he didn't get electrocuted.

Did any of your bunnies get into any trouble like mine?

I'm looking forward to hearing more about Elvira too. :headflick:

That is too funny! I know all to well what its like to have a cord chewer!
I went through 3 phone chargers in 2 months because of Foo. The only thing she will chew on is a cord! She usually doesn't chew on anything else. But she does eat cat and dog food all the time!

I can't wait for you to get your phone back so we can see more pictures of Ash. He is such a beauty. I LOVE love love the chinchilla coloring!

Do I know anyone like that....Houdini will chew anything, there is more insulating tape on my computer cord that it looks like patchwork. Snowy chewed through the TV cord twice. The first time, the TV kept going off and I thought was funny and when I checked everything the cord was nearly severed in two. The second time, he did sever it in two and sat looking at me when I picked it up as though butter wouldn´t melt in his mouth....surprised he didn´t get an electric shock. I´ve gone through god knows how many phone chargers and telephone cords and yes, they also love pushing the bars of their enclosure to wait for you to put them back. I now have the chair propted up against them so they can´t do it now...clever mummy.

I love Ash´s colour, he such a gorgeous boy and I bet his fur is really soft...makes me want to reach out and stroke him....hope to hear loads more about him and some more photos...when you get your phone back of course.

Yes his fur is really soft. They are an endangered breed. And they were bred for their fur.

Ash is such a chewer he will even try to chew on the corners of my doors :nonono: I always pull him away, that is a no no!

I also have a camera with lots of pictures of Ash on it, but the USB cord is missing so I can't put the pictures on the computer :X. I probably will buy the USB cord for my camera soon, as I found it on Ebay today.

Pictures of Ash are coming! :)

haha, yes just make sure you hide the cord.

He looks such a friendly little guy. Are you planning to get him a friend at some point ???

:happyrabbit:

haha, yes just make sure you hide the cord.

He looks such a friendly little guy. Are you planning to get him a friend at some point ???

:happyrabbit:

I definitely will hide it! :)

Yes, at some point I will (when I have the space for another rabbit which will probably be soon :)) . Just not yet.

You've finally started a blog! I kept wondering, why does she not have a blog for Ash!

He is indeed a beautiful boy! As for the chewing, Peter used to chew EVERYTHING, he's the reason my laptop cord is the way that it is. He chewed all the baseboards in his old room at my mothers house, he also chewed the door, the tv cord... Anything he could sink his little teeth into, including his hutch (which got thrown out :p)

He's a funny little guy, I will be sure to keep up to date with your blog :)

I can't wait to see recent pictures of Ash. He's such a pretty boy.

I'm so glad that Foo never chewed anything and I'm not sure about Ellie, I hope she's not a chewer but only time will tell.

You've finally started a blog! I kept wondering, why does she not have a blog for Ash!

He is indeed a beautiful boy! As for the chewing, Peter used to chew EVERYTHING, he's the reason my laptop cord is the way that it is. He chewed all the baseboards in his old room at my mothers house, he also chewed the door, the tv cord... Anything he could sink his little teeth into, including his hutch (which got thrown out :p)

He's a funny little guy, I will be sure to keep up to date with your blog :)

Yes, seeing that everyone else had a blog and it looked like fun I decided to start one :).

Oh Ash is just the same as Peter, he will chew everything he can get too. I haven't yet bunny proofed my house (too many cords to bunny proof :p) so when I let him out I have to follow him around the house to make sure he doesn't get into any trouble. But I guess I'm not fast enough because he chewed my computer mouse cord when I was following him.

I can't wait to see recent pictures of Ash. He's such a pretty boy.

I'm so glad that Foo never chewed anything and I'm not sure about Ellie, I hope she's not a chewer but only time will tell.

I love his coloring too :)!

Ellie is sooo cute! I love her :). And just make sure you don't let her near any cords unless you know for sure that she is not a chewer.

lol! awh! I was sitting on the computer the other day writing on Morgans blog when I was watching Phoenix with her mouth on the iPhone cord. Seeing as how she doesn't chew I actually just watched her without doing anything about it, then I realized she bit it in half, and I just watched her biting it in half, without... doing... anything. LOL duhhh :headsmack

no, not at all in fact I was shocked! Neither of my buns chew things they're not supposed to. occasionally they will nibble on a cord but nothing crazy, they love ripping cardboard as well as their toys :) Peter was bad enough for both of them though!

Yea, Ash loves cardboard its probably his favorite thing to chew. A cardboard box house is probably his favorite thing to play with too. How is the bonding going with Phoneix and Hippogryff?

Latest posts

Back