Ash's adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterdays fire works were AMAZING! OMG, I loved them all. They were exploding right above us and they were sooooo pretty. I love Snowshoe mountains fireworks. I'm going to come there every year. This years fireworks almost seemed better than last years.

Oh and we went swimming for quite some time in their pool yesterday. It was really fun.

I went to Snowshoe when I was like 17? Maybe it was either 2006 or 2007, I think 07 because then I would have been 17. We stayed up there 2 weeks, the week of July 4th when they do all the activities durning the day, like the mini carnival and the bluegrass bands and the open market with the jewelry and stuff. It was so cool. We spent days just walking around the shops and all the little kiosks during the day. Then at night they had movies in the little square, so we would sit bundled up in winter coats and sleeping bags because it was cold at night, and watch kids movies because thats all they showed. Then they did the fireworks on the 4th, then a few days after that, all the fun stuff ended and it was just the regular little town and there wasn't much to do.
SO we went to Elkins or somewhere in the middle of nowhere and rode a 5 hour train ride up the mountain to Spruce. We learned a lot, but the weather was cold for July, so we had coats on. Then we went to a Chilies or something somewhere around there and realized that we couldn't smoke in the bar area! Because they had just passed the WV law that you couldn't smoke in a restaurant. So we had to go outside at night, in the cold to smoke. LOL In SC we could smoke in restaurants until like 2 years ago, so back then, it was very strange for us! Oh and with that Chilies experience, my friend told the waiter that it was my birthday so we could get a free dessert. So he just brought the sundae out without singing or anything and she made him turn around and get the rest of the staff and sing me a song. lmao. It was hilarious. We can not be trusted in any restaurant.
It was pretty cold up there, at night and in the shade because it was pretty windy the whole time. There was no humidity and it was so high up, that we didn't expect it to be so cold. We came from here in July and it was HOT HOT and humid and got up there and it was like 68 and chilly! haha. It was pretty weird for us.
BUT I do love Snowshoe and we had such a great time up there when we went. I don't know how to ski, so I don't know if I would want to go up there during the winter, but my dad used to go up every year to ski. And my uncle goes up several times a winter to ski, he loves it up there. Summer time Snowshoe is a great thing though! I loved the restaurant the Foxhole or something, I can't remember what it was called, but we ate there like every night!

Last edited:
I got my tooth pulled today, it was definitely easier than the last 2 teeth I had pulled. It didn't hurt as much and it was a lot quicker. I did start to get sore and painful when the numbing wore off so I took some ibuprofen and that cleared the pain up pretty quickly. I don't feel sore or painful any more. Its going to take some time before I can chew with that side but at least I have the other side to chew with. It was annoying last time when I got both of my teeth pulled 2 months ago because I couldn't really chew hard things for a few weeks. I'm happy I at least have the other side of my mouth to chew with. It always feels weird the first day you get them pulled. Its so weird to feel a tooth you've had for a while gone. It feels pretty weird but after a couple of days I'm sure it'll feel more normal. That's how it felt with my other teeth when I got them pulled. Its a pain getting teeth pulled but I'm happy to say that I'm finally over with all these pullings. I'm sick and tired of dentists and to be honest I don't want to see one for a while now lol.

On another note I wanted to ask you guys if any of you have seen the website JibJab? Its a really cool website. Its a place where you can upload pictures of your friends and family and there is a little place where you can adjust the heads of the people and then afterwards once you are done there are a bunch of little videos of people doing things like Singing, Danceing and doing other crazy stuff. And you can than put the head of yourself or your friends and family and put it on the body of the person whos dancing or singing and than you can send the card to anyone you want. There are videos for fathers day and mothers day and for all the holidays its a really awesome website. You do have to pay to be able to do it though. Its only about 15 dollars a year though. We used to have an account but then my uncle actually visited the JibJab people and made friends with them and my uncle was like my niece and sister have a JibJab account and they said oh cool, we will grant them a lifetime account with out having to pay. It was so cool. We still have the account. Anyway its a great website you guys should check it out. Just type in JibJab.com.

The watermelon plants still aren't very large yet BUT I think I saw a flower bud on one so maybe the Carolina Cross type of plants make watermelons when they aren't very large. I don't know, we'll see. I just hope they produce some watermelons. The only thing is I'm going to have a lot of watermelons by the end of this lol. Maybe they wil just keep and not rot but I don't know. If I have to I'll give away some of them to friends and maybe I could even sell some at the farmers market. I don't know how much you can really make from farmers market and if its really worth it though. I was even thinking of selling some of my crochet work at the farmers market but I don't know if its worth it. I mean you have to sit there for hours now that must be really boreing lol. And I don't know how much money you can reall make. Oh I can hear it starting to rain now, well its good because I won't have to water any plants for today. I've been having a nice break from watering things as its been raining almost each day.

:woohoo Glad the dental visit went well & hopefully no more dental visits for a little while anyway! :balloons: Watermelon is also good to eat after dental visits! Not hard to chew unless it has seeds that you bite into! lol

I got my tooth pulled today, it was definitely easier than the last 2 teeth I had pulled. It didn't hurt as much and it was a lot quicker. I did start to get sore and painful when the numbing wore off so I took some ibuprofen and that cleared the pain up pretty quickly. I don't feel sore or painful any more. Its going to take some time before I can chew with that side but at least I have the other side to chew with. It was annoying last time when I got both of my teeth pulled 2 months ago because I couldn't really chew hard things for a few weeks. I'm happy I at least have the other side of my mouth to chew with. It always feels weird the first day you get them pulled. Its so weird to feel a tooth you've had for a while gone. It feels pretty weird but after a couple of days I'm sure it'll feel more normal. That's how it felt with my other teeth when I got them pulled. Its a pain getting teeth pulled but I'm happy to say that I'm finally over with all these pullings. I'm sick and tired of dentists and to be honest I don't want to see one for a while now lol.

Best wishes on a swift recovery from the tooth pulling. I just set a date today to go into hospital to have my wisdom teeth removed :shock: I've only had one tooth pulled in the chair before and it really wasn't too bad, the needles hurt more than the actual pulling, it's just a weird sensation.

Tauntz, thanks, I don't think I'll be going to the dentist for a while which is good because I'm sick of them now, lol. And yes watermelon is good to eat once getting a tooth pulled, in fact I did eat some watermelon when I got back there were a few seeds but not too many.

Bec, thanks, I hope your wisdom teeth removal goes okay. Your right, I think the needles do hurt more than the pulling.

The pain is MUCH better. I'm no longer taking any pain medication. I hate getting teeth pulled and I wish I didn't have to have these done.

So today we were going to go over a friends house but then it started raining pretty badly and we were going to have a big cook out outside so we decided not t go. We will go in 2 weeks though. It'll be my birthday in less than 2 weeks as well.

It turns out that what I thought might have been a flower bud on one of my watermelon plants was really just a leaf "bud". I'm starting to kind of give up hope that theses plants will even make any watermelons. I mean they are only about 6-7 inches tall! Have any of you guys ever had watermelon plants when they were that small?

I'm starting on another crochet dragon. It will look like the other dragon except smaller. I have one wing done now.

Oh, so glad your feeling better & no longer needing pain meds! I'm with you, I don't like having teeth pulled. Of course, I have a dental phobia & don't like any dental procedures.

Happy birthday in advance! Oooooh, birthday cook out would be so fun! So you are a July baby too?

What colors are you making this dragon? Can't wait to see your latest dragon project! Any news on the dragon you entered in the contest? Hope you hear soon! I can hardly wait to hear how you did!

Thanks, yes I hate all dental work too. It freaks me out, lol.

Thanks, yes, my birthday is on July 22. My sisters birthday is on July 4th and my fathers birthday is July too. We have a lot of July birthdays in the family.

This dragon is going to be yellow, the other one is Blue. And no, I haven't heard any news yet. They said they would call me if I won. I think they will be judging the items sometime in the next few days. I can't wait to here if I won anything either. I don't like having to wait. I've been waiting long enough already, lol.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

You said it has been cooler this year where you are. What have the daytime temps been? What have the night time temps been? It could be your watermelon plants are growing slowly if it has been cool out. Plants grow mostly at night and when it's cooler they grow less. I saw a few small watermelons growing on my plants the other day. They are about the size of gold balls right now but it has been in the 90's here with the night temps in the 70's.

Thanks. I think its usually been around 70-80 degrees in the day and 50-65 degrees at night. Last summer was a lot hotter. It might explain why my watermelon plants aren't very big, like you said.

Missed all your tooth drama, hope you´re feeling better now. I detest going to the dentist, bad memories of when I was much younger.

Hope some of your watermelons do come out ;)

Today it was pretty much dry for most of the time but then later on it started raining. It was raining really hard. I can't believe it! There were puddles all over the ground and it was just...icky!!lol. At least I don't have to water anything for the rest of the day.

I have a bird feeder outside and lately I've seen lots of birds on it. Mostly gold finches. They are really pretty yellow birds. I hear them calling songs and other gold finches come to the feeder. I should get some pictures of them. Another good thing about that bird feeder is the gold finches eat the japanese beetles we have here. So they don't eat my watermelon plants. I can see a bunch of dead ones laying near some bird poop. The birds do a good job of getting rid of them.

Right now I'm watching a funny movie called Stardust. Its a great movie. Have any of you seen it?

We have been having a nice break from the heat all week but it started again today. Its been hot today. The next few days are supposed to be 85 F too. I hate the heat, can't wait until its Fall.

My dad went to Walmart and various other stores today-he's still gone. Every time we need supplies and food we go. Its about an hour and a half of driving not very fun but that's why we go only every 2-3 weeks.

Ash has been acting kind of lethargic lately. I don't think he's sick I just think its the heat that's bothering him-its bothering us all. I've been putting extra cold water in his ice bottle. I can hear him munching on is hay right now. For some reason its relaxing to me to hear it, lol.

The sun is finally not shining any more today buts its hot in here. Its cool outside though. After I post this update I think I'll go outside. Its so hot inside, I need to cool off. Maybe I'll take Ash outside later in the day today to cool off.

I think where my tooth was pulled is healing pretty well. It hurts from time to time, especially when I accidentally chew on something with that side. But it'll heal soon. Can't wait until I can chew with both sides again. Its so weird not being able to chew freely with both sides of my mouth.

Hope everyone's having a nice Friday!

Elise, I love the fall & spring! Just wish we had more fall/spring here in the south! Seems we have summer and then a week or two of fall if we are lucky & then our winter but it is usually very mild winters here. We get a week or two of spring & then summer again! lol I personally prefer a little cooler weather but this is where my family decided to stay when dad retired from the military. I don't like cold weather for long but I do like a little more cooler weather than we get here! Guess I am just hard to please when it comes to the temperature! lol Hope you & Ash can stay cool!

Glad your tooth extraction is healing up nicely! Yes, it will be nice for you to be able to chew on both sides once again!

How's the crocheting coming with your dragon? Hope you can find a good yarn to use for a phoenix!!!! I want a phoenix!!!!! lol Hope I can one day be good with the amigurumi as you are! Need to sit down & work on it more but have been doing allot of cage cleaning & other much needed work around here. All this rain & thunderstorms we have been getting has made it difficult for me to keep up with the cage cleaning & things I need to get done.

Ash sounds like my boys, the heat is really making them lethargic and they spend most of their time flopping or meatloafing and don´t do much running or binkying until it gets quite late and cools off a little bit.

Good to hear your mouth is healing nicely.

Ellie's been doing a lot of flopping out too. Its been pretty warm and humid and gross here, so she's been trying to stay cool I guess.

I'm glad your tooth is spot is healing well. The mouth is the fastest part of the body to heal.

I can't wait to see your crochet dragon!
Also, I didn't know it took you guys that long to get into town! My moms house in Tennessee was like that, it took her 40 minutes to get to a gas station. It took like 30 more minutes to get into the town to get the food and stuff. I like living in the country, but not THAT far out. haha.

Elise, I love the fall & spring! Just wish we had more fall/spring here in the south! Seems we have summer and then a week or two of fall if we are lucky & then our winter but it is usually very mild winters here. We get a week or two of spring & then summer again! lol I personally prefer a little cooler weather but this is where my family decided to stay when dad retired from the military. I don't like cold weather for long but I do like a little more cooler weather than we get here! Guess I am just hard to please when it comes to the temperature! lol Hope you & Ash can stay cool!

Glad your tooth extraction is healing up nicely! Yes, it will be nice for you to be able to chew on both sides once again!

How's the crocheting coming with your dragon? Hope you can find a good yarn to use for a phoenix!!!! I want a phoenix!!!!! lol Hope I can one day be good with the amigurumi as you are! Need to sit down & work on it more but have been doing allot of cage cleaning & other much needed work around here. All this rain & thunderstorms we have been getting has made it difficult for me to keep up with the cage cleaning & things I need to get done.

I don't know how I could bear to live where you live because you guys have such short Fall and Winter and Spring and 9 months of Summer. That would be too hot for me. The only thing I'd like about it is the incredibly long growing season. :)

Thanks, it hurts sometimes if my tongue touches it but not much. Its healing up pretty well.

Haven't really done much on the dragon right now as I'm trying to untangle my black yarn. I want to make a unipeg, unicorn + pegasus in crochet. Got to untangle my black yarn first. After that I'll look for some yarn for the phoenix. :) I'm sure you'll be awesome at amigurumi! I've only been crocheting for a year and a couple of months now.

Latest posts

Back