Ash's adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awe, i wish i could let my bunnies play outside, but im scared a snake will get into the pen and eat them... we have lots of snakes here. >.< Maybe I'll get a few harnesses and take them for walks around the yard instead. ^.^ Can't wait for more pics and binky videos!

Yes, that might be a problem if they are in a pen. I haven't seen many snakes around here. I have seen a green garden snake here this spring though. But they aren't poisonous. Yes, probably if you got yours some harnesses they would be safer from snakes. I'll be taking some binky pictures and videos as soon as possible! :)

Last edited:
They are cool! I'm hoping to find some fossils some day. Maybe even some dinosaur fossils ;).

Fossil hunting is so much fun. When we used to go to a place called Mount Tamborine in Queensland Australia when i was a kid, we used to look for fossils and found one! I don't remember what it was as i was really young but it was some kind of insect like thing. Spiral type of shape. Fun times!

Here is an amigurumi person I crocheted. I found a pattern for a human body and than I added the eyes, the hair, the mouth. No nose or ears yet though :p. Anyway here it is.
phpwbbud0pm-7141.jpg

phpkv5x9upm-7140.jpg

Sorry about it being turned sideways.

Also if anyone wants to check it out here is the link to the pattern: http://madcrochetlab.com/yarndango-project-25-basic-tiny-humanoid-form/

I'll post some pictures of Ash either today or tomorrow. But first I have to take them.

Fossil hunting is so much fun. When we used to go to a place called Mount Tamborine in Queensland Australia when i was a kid, we used to look for fossils and found one! I don't remember what it was as i was really young but it was some kind of insect like thing. Spiral type of shape. Fun times!

Its definitely fun! That's cool that you found one as a kid. I would love to go to a place that has a lot of fossils, maybe there is a trail around here that has some fossils. There is a cool place in Virginia, its a park and if you dig you can find lots of rocks that are shaped like a cross. I haven't ever been there but I'd like to go someday, maybe if I'm ever in Virginia for any reason I'll stop off there. :)

I let Ash outside on the porch yesterday and he did a TON of binkies! I caught a video. Its cute, but he doesn't really binky. Maybe when it cools off later today I'll try to capture a binky on film. Anyway, here is the video. Enjoy! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLqeMgQBKe0

Oh and, sorry about it being shaky. I hate taking videos with this dang iphone.

Last edited:
Ah, he is just so gorgeous. I just love his two tone tail and feet and I love how he keeps coming back to you for a little pet and assurance.

Today we went on a flower nature walk. It was pretty neat the guide pointed out all kinds of different flowers. And a lot of them were edible. There were some purple flowers that were edible and I tried one, it had a kind of burning taste. It made my throat burn slightly. Than there was a flower, that if you put in water and rubbed between your hands soap suds would appear. It was pretty fun. She also does bird call walks and lots of other nature walks. We'll probably go to those too.

It was also cool, the guide had a parked motor home. And she showed us the inside. It was pretty neat! I loved how she had everything normal houses have only compacted into a little space. There was a bathroom and a shower, and there was a kitchen and oven and refridgeorator. She had a closet and some beds and 2 flat TVs. I thought it was cool how she had everything she needed in a small space. She even had a cute little dog. It was neat. :)

Its May now, which is exciting. Because we are going to start planting soon. I can't wait! I mostly can't wait to plan watermelons, we are supposed to plant those sometime around May 14th.

Chris, remember I was going to crochet you your three bunnies? Well I ordered some crochet thread and I'll try to make your bunnies. They will be miniature versions of your bunnies. I found a really great tutorial on how to make fur and put it on your amigurumi. And it looks just like Bandy's fur, so it will look great. I'm also going to order some colored permanent markers so that I can make the marking on Houdini. It will be much eaiser than switching the yarn color constantly to make the spots and it will be more accurate. I'll start crocheting them when I get my crochet thread. And that should be sometime around May 10th. I hope it will be enough thread for your three. If not I'll order some more, its pretty cheap and I want some to make other projects out of it as well.

So anyway, it will be fun crocheting with some thread I haven't tryed it before so I can't wait to try. Besides, it will be fun making bunnies. Especially ones I know. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Katie! I'm pretty excited about making them too! I'm checking the tracking number for the crochet thread everyday, the USPS tracking number says that it will come on May 10th. And I'll probably be able to make them all on May 10th except we are going somewhere that day but I'll probably still have the time to make at least one or two, if I get lucky, maybe I'll even be able to make all three. Hopefully I will be able too. We'll see. And the crochet thread may even come sooner than May 10th. A lot of times the tracking number is off and the item comes quicker than the tracking number estimated. Hopefully that's the case.

Oh, and sorry for the late reply. Some milk got spilled on the computers keyboard so I have to use the computers on screen keyboard, it really sucks because it takes way too long to reply to people. Its really annoying! I don't know why I'm not using my laptop (duh!) oh well, whats done is done. I'll definitely use my laptop next time.

That nature walk sounds really cool! I would love to go on one of those.

Wow, you guys plant way later than we do. I guess its because you're higher up and the weather is different and you're in a different zone. haha. I always plant the third weekend of April, an oldtimer told me once that he plants the third weekend in April every year and every year he has tomatoes until October. haha. So we'll see I guess. Too bad its rained here more in the last 2 weeks than it did all winter long and everything is soaked and drowning and the earth can't hold anymore water!
You'll have to let me know how you're trees are doing, because I love trees. I think they'll be really pretty next year when they bloom with their flowers and stuff, most fruit bearing trees always have really pretty blossoms. I know all mine do!
To be honest, I don't know how you guys plant anything up there with all the rocky soil. My husbands family is from PA and they always say that the soil is super rocky and not great and my mom lived in Tenn and said the soil was SO rocky. So you're between them and I'm sure everything is really rocky up there too.
Where in West Virginia are you? I'm like a little obsessed with coal mining and we stopped somewhere on the way to Pittsburgh, in this little coal mining town. I could see the office that was opened in like 1860 or something and there were big trucks taking the coal to wherever they take it. It was really cool, I just wish I could remember where it was. It was like 7 miles north of hwy 19. BUT there are so many hollers out there, it could have been anywhere or called anything! haha.

Yes, we are pretty high in elevation. Its risky to plant before May 14th because of the frost. Wow you plant much earlier than us. I wish we could plant in the third week of April. Its actually kind of cold today and its raining. So much for dry weather. Yes, I'll let you know how the trees do. Some of our plum trees are all ready flowering its really pretty! They have a ton of white blossoms. Most of the other trees haven't bloomed yet. They are starting to grow leaves though. When the trees start blooming I'll take some pictures of them and post them.

We do have rocky soil. It does get hard to plant trees sometimes. And I'm not sure how these trees will do so far, because we only planted them this year and we didn't have many trees last year. So hopefully they will survive or at least do fairly good. We planted some apple trees last year and they blossomed and they did grow little green apples, but I think some deer ate them or at least some kind of animal did. So this year we put a fence around one of the apple trees and we'll see how it does. Hopefully what ever is eating the apples wont be able to get at them now. We'll see when it starts to produce.

We live in Pocahontas county, WV. I'm not sure if they ever coal mined here. But it is cool! That's cool that you saw the office that was open in the 1860's I would have loved to see that.

I'm jealous! I totally want bunnies that look like my boys, and I can't wait to see the pics of Chris' boys!!

Your nature walk did sound really cool, glad you liked it! And I'm gunna try and sneak peak that video you posted of Ash :)

Danielle, don't worry, I'll probably be making and selling crochet bunnies that look like the costumers bunnies soon. I'm really excited to make Chris's bunnies! Maybe I'll do a side by side picture of the real bunnies next to their crochet selves.

The nature walk was fun. We ended up staying there longer than everyone else. I hope they do another soon. I hope you like the Ash video, I'll try to catch a binky video soon!

Last edited:
I'm pretty excited about making Chris's bunnies! I think it will be funnest to make Bandy. I think he will be the most realistic looking one because of all the details he has, I'm going to have to make him furry looking and give him the black and brown lines around his eyes. So yeah I'm pretty sure he will look the most realistic. I think Houdini will be the second most realistic because he has markings that will make you be able to tell that its him. And Snowy will probably be the least realistic because he's pure white, still I'm hoping he will look pretty much like Snowy. I'm really excited to make them especially because I've never worked with crochet thread before and I can't wait to see the results. It could turn out to be a big mess....still I don't think so. We'll see though! Hopefully I'll get all three done in one day its possible.

I didn't do much today, its been rainy the last two days. So there wasn't much to do. I was going to take Ash out on the porch yesterday but it started raining. Well actually before it started raining, I let Ash out but he started acting all weird. He was constantly just freezing for a few seconds and then when I started petting him he ran away and then froze again. And than when I started petting him he did the same thing. He seemed kind of scared out on the porch when normally he isn't. I'm thinking maybe he sort of new that bad weather was coming. After all there are a lot of stories of animals that started acting weird when bad weather was about to come.

So I didn't have much to update. But at least it was an update. Hopefully I'll be able to update something better in the next couple of days.

Happy Tuesday! (Even though its almost over :p)

Horses get weird when the weather changes to bad, I think it has to do with the barometric pressure changing.

I can't wait to see the bunnies after you make them! I bet they'll be great!
I saw a pattern on pinterest for a crochet giraffe today and thought of you. I forgot to repin it so I could find it again, but I'll see if I can find it and give you the link for it. It was pretty dang cute! haha.

Horses get weird when the weather changes to bad, I think it has to do with the barometric pressure changing.

I can't wait to see the bunnies after you make them! I bet they'll be great!
I saw a pattern on pinterest for a crochet giraffe today and thought of you. I forgot to repin it so I could find it again, but I'll see if I can find it and give you the link for it. It was pretty dang cute! haha.

Yeah, that's probably what it is. I think anilmals can detect it. Once I was watching a video of a volcano erupting. It wasn't a video of the real thing erupting but it was a video of what happened a long time ago when a huge volcano erupted. It was a true story. Anyway, in the video there were animals that were running away. They could tell that the volcano was going to erupt.

Thanks, I hope they do look good. We'll see. I can't wait to try crocheting them. Its going to be a fun project. If you find the giraffe pattern again definitely post the link.

Latest posts

Back