Ash's adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is cool that you crochet. I always wanted to try learning something like that but just haven't found the time. I don't like a lot of the knitted or crocheted clothing I've seen but making animals or something similar would be fun especially if it did not take too long. I am a more active type of person so do not like sitting down for too long.

We have a beach not too far from us. It's not the ocean but is connected to the ocean and the water is brackish. If you swim in it and then lick your lips you can taste the salt. People have found prehistoric shark teeth there. Once we heard about shark teeth the girls and I were dying to find one. I finally found one last year although it's not prehistoric. I also found a skull. It's in good shape but had been there a while because it has some small barnacles growing on it. I'd like to find out some day what it was.

I would love the nature walk. Have you tried honeysuckle? It's a flower. My hubby knew about them and we had some growing wild at the other house. You can drink juice out of it which is sweet tasting.

It is cool that you crochet. I always wanted to try learning something like that but just haven't found the time. I don't like a lot of the knitted or crocheted clothing I've seen but making animals or something similar would be fun especially if it did not take too long. I am a more active type of person so do not like sitting down for too long.

We have a beach not too far from us. It's not the ocean but is connected to the ocean and the water is brackish. If you swim in it and then lick your lips you can taste the salt. People have found prehistoric shark teeth there. Once we heard about shark teeth the girls and I were dying to find one. I finally found one last year although it's not prehistoric. I also found a skull. It's in good shape but had been there a while because it has some small barnacles growing on it. I'd like to find out some day what it was.

I would love the nature walk. Have you tried honeysuckle? It's a flower. My hubby knew about them and we had some growing wild at the other house. You can drink juice out of it which is sweet tasting.

I agree with you, there are not many good looking crochet clothes. Now and then I see some pretty crochet clothes, but most of the time there aren't any nice crochet clothes. But yes, crochet animals are definitely fun to make, and a lot of them don't take too long to make. You can find a small project that might take maybe 15-30 minutes to make depending on how fast you can crochet. The crochet bunny I created took a couple hours for me to make though. But you could spend maybe 15-30 on your project per day and then get it done in a couple of days.

Wow, I wish there was something like that near us. I would love to find prehistoric shark teeth. Even though you found a shark tooth that wasn't prehistoric I still think its cool. Its cool to find any kind of fossil. And that's cool that you found a skull. Do you have a picture of it? I'd love to see it.

No I haven't ever tried honeysuckle. But I'd love to! I'm not sure what it looks like so I won't be able to know what it is if I see one. I looked it up online but I saw a bunch of different colored flowers so I'm not sure what to look for. Is this what it looks like?
honeysuckle.jpg

Yeah thats honeysuckle, but the golden ones are sweeter. Hahha. What you do is, you pull the flower off the branch, then pinch the green end off the bottom but not too hard because you don't want to cut through it with your nails, so you gently pinch it and pull the middle thing through the bottom of the flower and lick the thing you pull out and suck on the bottom of the flower to get all the nectar out.
Sometimes they don't have much in them, but sometimes they're full because the bees haven't gotten to them yet.
And there you go, honeysuckle lesson of the day! I'm sure the whole flower is edible, but flowers normally don't taste very good to eat, haha.
I love honeysuckle. I just found a new bush today actually. haha

Thanks for telling me how to eat them Morgan. I'll definitely taste some if I find a bush. I've been reading online and people say that they taste pretty good, and some people say they even taste like candy. Now I want to try them pretty bad. Haha. :)

Last edited:
Elise, I will be so excited when you make my three boys, your crocheted animals are just so lovely...the giraffe patterns are so cute, I so admire people who are gifted at these things. I´m useless and I did knit but always kept dropping stitches and so used to have to get my mom to put it right for me. She was a great knitter in her time and we always had home knitted jumpers and waistcoats.

I must look for honeysuckle over here and taste it now.

Guys, wish me luck. tomorrow I have a dentist appointment. Its nothing big, just I'm having a few teeth pulled. I'm having three baby teeth pulled. Yes, I have three baby teeth pulled. The reason why I still have those baby teeth is there are no adult teeth behind them, its a fairly common problem. My brother has it too.

Anyway, I'm kind of nervous but I know its nothing big. That is comforting.

And on May 10th I'll start crocheting Chris's bunnies. I can't wait for that. It will be fun. :)

Elise, I will be so excited when you make my three boys, your crocheted animals are just so lovely...the giraffe patterns are so cute, I so admire people who are gifted at these things. I´m useless and I did knit but always kept dropping stitches and so used to have to get my mom to put it right for me. She was a great knitter in her time and we always had home knitted jumpers and waistcoats.

I must look for honeysuckle over here and taste it now.

Chris, I'm excited to make them too because I've never crocheted with thread before and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Hopefully they will look like your boys. And thanks for the crochet compliment. :) That's cool that your mom used to knit, I can sort of knit, I've knitted a hat but I'm still a beginner knitter. Hopefully I'll get better.

Hopefully you have honrysuckle growing over there. I want to taste it pretty badly, lol .

Good luck today at the dentist! I hate teeth, they're pretty gross! haha. I think having braces for 2 years ruined me on dentists and orthodontists for my whole life. I had my wisdom teeth taken out when I was 20 and I swear, thats the fastest way to turn me into a big ole baby! haha.
Since they're baby teeth, they should be okay though! I just have a low tolerance for mouth pain and stuff, ugh.

Can I ask though, since there are no adult teeth behind them; what are you going to do? Are you going to get implants?
It will go fine today! You'll be a-okay! Just get some pudding to eat, in case you're in pain and can't eat well. I always like pudding after mouth stuff.

Good luck today at the dentist! I hate teeth, they're pretty gross! haha. I think having braces for 2 years ruined me on dentists and orthodontists for my whole life. I had my wisdom teeth taken out when I was 20 and I swear, thats the fastest way to turn me into a big ole baby! haha.
Since they're baby teeth, they should be okay though! I just have a low tolerance for mouth pain and stuff, ugh.

Can I ask though, since there are no adult teeth behind them; what are you going to do? Are you going to get implants?
It will go fine today! You'll be a-okay! Just get some pudding to eat, in case you're in pain and can't eat well. I always like pudding after mouth stuff.

I agree with you, teeth are gross! Haha. Yeah, my uncle had his wisdom teeth removed too and he said it wasn't fun. Yeah, I'm hoping it won't be that bad removing the baby teeth.

Well, the dentist says that if I wear braces I can straighten out the gaps. The braces will force the teeth to spread out more and the gaps will be gone. Yes, I'll want to eat something like pudding. Actually we have an ice cream maker so I'll make myself some ice cream today. I'm sure it will be nice to have something soft afterwards.

Thanks for the support. It helps. :)

Good luck at the dentist! I recommend eating mashed potatoes. They are filling and there are so many different ways they could be flavored or different gravies.

I don't have a pic of the skull but I will try and remember to take one. My camera is out on the kitten cage because I was taking some pics yesterday.

There are so many things I want to plant here; roses, black berries, grapes- I love seeing a grape arbor in yards. Trees, bushes, flowers, plants.

I won't plant our garden until the end of this month. In our experience until the end of this month we often get cooler weather and a lot of rain that tends to make our plants struggle if not die. One tip I have to keep deer and such away is to use irish spring soap. The scent is supposed to keep them away. You can drill a hole through the bar of soap and put string through it and hang it or you could cut the leg off of panty hose place it in there and hang that. You can hang it from a trees as well such as apple trees to protect them from the deer eating the apples.

Denise I love grape arbors too! I would love a grape vine! I've seen them at TSC recently, maybe next time I go in there I'll get one and then build a small arbor!
I grow my blueberries and raspberries on my fence, it makes it easier than trying to build or buy yet another trellis. haha.

The rain has darn near drowned everything I've put in the ground this spring. haha. Thankfully the sun is out today!

Good luck at the dentist! I recommend eating mashed potatoes. They are filling and there are so many different ways they could be flavored or different gravies.

I don't have a pic of the skull but I will try and remember to take one. My camera is out on the kitten cage because I was taking some pics yesterday.

There are so many things I want to plant here; roses, black berries, grapes- I love seeing a grape arbor in yards. Trees, bushes, flowers, plants.

I won't plant our garden until the end of this month. In our experience until the end of this month we often get cooler weather and a lot of rain that tends to make our plants struggle if not die. One tip I have to keep deer and such away is to use irish spring soap. The scent is supposed to keep them away. You can drill a hole through the bar of soap and put string through it and hang it or you could cut the leg off of panty hose place it in there and hang that. You can hang it from a trees as well such as apple trees to protect them from the deer eating the apples.

Thanks for the tip Denise! I'll definitely eat mashed potatoes. I think I'll go make some soon.

Yeah, I'd like to see pictures of the skull. Maybe I'll be able to tell what it is.

Yeah, we want to grow roses for some bees and just because they are pretty. Yes, I'd love to grow a grape vine! They do look really pretty on arbors and I'd love to grow them just for the grapes.

Thanks for the tip about keeping deer away from trees. I think I'll try that.

Denise I love grape arbors too! I would love a grape vine! I've seen them at TSC recently, maybe next time I go in there I'll get one and then build a small arbor!
I grow my blueberries and raspberries on my fence, it makes it easier than trying to build or buy yet another trellis. haha.

The rain has darn near drowned everything I've put in the ground this spring. haha. Thankfully the sun is out today!

Morgan, I've seen them for sale here too. Maybe I'll buy one too. We have lots of wild blackberries and raspberries growing here the berries actually taste pretty good.

I'm glad it stopped raining there. Its been raining here for the last 2 days but now finally it stopped.

Ok guys, I just got back from the dentist. It was a pain in the butt being there :p. And it took an awfully long time for them to pull my teeth. Now I'm typing this with two pieces of wet gauze stuck were my two teeth were. My gums feel a bit sore, but nothing too bad. I'm to tired to type much else, I just thought I'd give a quick update. I think I'll stay on a little longer than log off, I need to eat something and get some rest. The dentist says that I shouldn't be too active for the next couple days, so I'll probably spend a lot of time on RO the next couple of days.

Last edited:
Thats good that its not that painful! Its always difficult to have mouth stuff done.
Eat some mashed potatoes or something soft and yummy and you'll feel better! Or maybe some chicken noodle soup, that always make everyone feel better!

My wild blackberries are not very good, haha. They're pretty tart. Or maybe I didn't let them ripen enough on the vine. Maybe this year they'll be better. I see the white flowers out there blooming now, for the bushes.

I posted some pictures of the skull on my blog. It could be a bird skull, maybe. There are plenty of cranes and such there. Bald eagles as well. You can see giant nests built out on large poles sticking up out of the water. I guess maybe they used to be part of a pier. I always want to go down after a bad storm to see what can be found but haven't made it yet.

My hubby built me a trellis for wisteria at the other house. I always laugh at the memory, he was out there after it was built and was using a rubber mallet to drive the legs into the ground but he kept stopping to check that it was level...with a level. I swear he is the only person that wouldn't just eyeball it to make sure it was even. It's just so who he is! I love him for it but he is a unique individual.

I hope you feel better tomorrow. Keep in mind the mouth is the quickest healing parts of the body. Applesauce would be good if you like it. We like ours with a little cinnamon. Mac-n-Cheese usually the noodles are small enough and slippery enough you could swallow it without chewing just be careful and don't choke.

Latest posts

Back