Ash's adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats good that its not that painful! Its always difficult to have mouth stuff done.
Eat some mashed potatoes or something soft and yummy and you'll feel better! Or maybe some chicken noodle soup, that always make everyone feel better!

My wild blackberries are not very good, haha. They're pretty tart. Or maybe I didn't let them ripen enough on the vine. Maybe this year they'll be better. I see the white flowers out there blooming now, for the bushes.

Yes, having mouth work done isn't fun. I ate some mashed potatoes and it is easy to eat them. Chicken noodle soup is good maybe I'll eat some. It'll probably help.

Our wild blackberries taste pretty good. Maybe yours aren't ripe. Or maybe they are a different kind of plant.

I posted some pictures of the skull on my blog. It could be a bird skull, maybe. There are plenty of cranes and such there. Bald eagles as well. You can see giant nests built out on large poles sticking up out of the water. I guess maybe they used to be part of a pier. I always want to go down after a bad storm to see what can be found but haven't made it yet.

My hubby built me a trellis for wisteria at the other house. I always laugh at the memory, he was out there after it was built and was using a rubber mallet to drive the legs into the ground but he kept stopping to check that it was level...with a level. I swear he is the only person that wouldn't just eyeball it to make sure it was even. It's just so who he is! I love him for it but he is a unique individual.

I hope you feel better tomorrow. Keep in mind the mouth is the quickest healing parts of the body. Applesauce would be good if you like it. We like ours with a little cinnamon. Mac-n-Cheese usually the noodles are small enough and slippery enough you could swallow it without chewing just be careful and don't choke.

I looked at the pictures. It kind of looks like it could be a bird, or maybe a deer I'm not sure.

Yeah, when me and my dad were assembling a trampoline. He kept making sure it was level too.

I do feel better today. Less sore feeling. Yes, I'm glad that the mouth is the quickest healing part of the body. Yes, applesauce sounds good it'll be easy on the mouth. Noodles sound good too. If I do decide to eat them I'll be careful.

My friend has a grape vine over the terrace of her house but we could never eat the grapes, they were really sour but it looked really nice when you could see the bunches of grapes hanging down.

I hate having anything done on my mouth but it does heal quickly just a bit of a pain trying to eat anything. Hope you feel better soon.

My friend has a grape vine over the terrace of her house but we could never eat the grapes, they were really sour but it looked really nice when you could see the bunches of grapes hanging down.

I hate having anything done on my mouth but it does heal quickly just a bit of a pain trying to eat anything. Hope you feel better soon.

Yes, grape vines do look really nice. Especially with all the grapes hanging down. I'd like to get a kind of grapes that are sweet. I'd like to make raisins out of them and maybe some wine. I'd like to grow them just for eating too.

Yeah, its not fun having mouth work done. I'm glad it heals quickly. Yes, it does get hard to chew things, so I try to eat soft foods. Thanks, I feel a lot better now. Hopefully I'll be able to chew on harder foods soon.

This morning, I woke up and walked out into the kitchen and Ash as usual hopped up onto his box to greet me and I started petting him and he jumped off his box and jumped back on and head flicked. Than he jumped off his box and jumped back up and head flicked again. And than I stepped into his pen and he started grooming me and than raced into his box and raced out. He does it every morning, I should get a video of it. He is such a sweetheart. And he looooves attention.

Anyway, I'll get a video of him doing it tomorrow morning. Its really cute! :)

Oh and, I just thought I'd let you all know, Ash has finally chewed his house to death and when he hops on it it starts to get scrunched so it was only a matter of time before the whole box scrunched completely under his weight. Luckily one of our orders came today and it came in a pretty big box so we stripped off all the tape and made him a new cardboard house.

And Chris, I got the crochet thread and I've started one of your boys, I'm not sure which one it should be yet. When its finished I'll decide.

Last edited:
I need to look for more cardboard for mine to enjoy...I´m now running out so I like to look for the corrugated stuff which they like better.

He sounds so adorable, you must get a video of his good morning to you.

Yayyy, starting on my boys...I am sooooo excited. :happyrabbit:

Hey Elise! I finally stopped by to read through Ash's thread. It's funny that you posted the link to those three baby crochet bunnies, because when I was searching online for a crochet bunny pattern I found the pic from that site, but someone hadn't pinned it properly on Pinterest so the source was just a google image search. I hate it when they do that! I finally found it after an hour or so, only to find out it cost money. Those are cute little bunnies though.
Oh, and I joined the crochet RO group too :)

Ellie LOVES cardboard too!
Its so nice that Ash is so friendly like that. I bet its adorable to watch! Yes, try to get a video of him being a sweetie!

Haha, most bunnies love cardboard! Ash loves shredding it, he doesn't like any other toys I've given him. I guess he's just a cardboard guy, lol.

I'll try to get a video of him being a cutie, its pretty cute to watch! :)

I need to look for more cardboard for mine to enjoy...I´m now running out so I like to look for the corrugated stuff which they like better.

He sounds so adorable, you must get a video of his good morning to you.

Yayyy, starting on my boys...I am sooooo excited. :happyrabbit:
Ash loves cardboard, we have a dump here where people dump their garbage and there is a container where people throw cardboard boxes that they don't want. Anyone can take cardboard boxes from there. I think next time we go to dump some garbage I'll get some boxes, I'd like to make him a cardboard castle sometime. Something with a lot of tunnels. Or maybe I'll make it be like a maze and he'll have to find his way out. I'm sure he'd like that.

Yes, I'll try to get a video of his good moring to me, its so adorable. I think you all will find it cute. :)

Yup, I'm starting on your boys. I can't wait to finish them! Especially Bandy. :)

Hey Elise! I finally stopped by to read through Ash's thread. It's funny that you posted the link to those three baby crochet bunnies, because when I was searching online for a crochet bunny pattern I found the pic from that site, but someone hadn't pinned it properly on Pinterest so the source was just a google image search. I hate it when they do that! I finally found it after an hour or so, only to find out it cost money. Those are cute little bunnies though.
Oh, and I joined the crochet RO group too :)

Thanks for stopping by Missy, and wow, I can't believe you read through the whole thing. Its pretty long! That is funny that I posted that. Yes that is annoying when people do that. Here's a tip if you ever find a picture without a link on pinterest, keep the page with the picture up and open a new tab, than type in google.com and when the google page comes up go back to the tab with the picture on it and grab the picture with your mouse and drag it over on top of the google tab and than it should switch to the google tab, than still holding the picture with your mouse, drag it to where you search right under the big letters that say google and a thing should pop up saying drop image here. So you drop the image where it says to and it shows you all the search results with that image in them. You might have already known it, but I just thought I'd share. Those baby bunnies are cute bunnies, I may by the pattern someday. Thanks for joining the crochet group. :)

I hate when Pins don't lead the real links! AHHH! It makes me so angry, because sometimes I want to do something and then it goes to nothing!

Elise, how are the bunnies coming?

I know, it really makes my mad too when that happens. Usually I just re-search for the photo when that happens. I explain how I did it in my above post.

The crochet bunnies are coming along pretty well. Oh and I just wanted to let everyone know, that I'm not making Chris's bunnies out of crochet thread. Because I just finished my new design its a mini crochet bunny pattern. I'll get the pictures resized and show you all what it looks like.

So I'll make them out of my new pattern.

Last edited:
ARGH!!! I had this huge post all typed out but I accidentally hit the backspace button and everything just disappeared. And it happened TWO times!!! ARGH!!! It better not happen again. :X

Ugh, Ash destroyed his new cardboard house. And I gave it to him only a few days ago. For some reason the whole thing just fell apart. So I took his old house and I turned it to a different side and than I gave it back to Ash and it supports him again.

Ash is so smart! When he had his newest cardboard house before it fell apart he decided it need a little renovating so he added another doorway. It was a perfect arch and it fitted him perfectly. He is such a smart little (or should I say big?) guy.

Its so hot here today, its 80 degrees out, at least it was earlier in the day. Its still pretty hot now, even inside the house! So I gave Ash a frozen water bottle. He doesn't seem to know what to do with it yet so I just sat it right next to his body. I'm going to get him a fan, I read somewhere that you can take a towel and wet it with cold water and drape it over the side of a pen and turn on the fan so that it blows at the towel and the wind that blows at the bunny is pretty cold and it helps your bunny when its hot. I just thought I share that tip and I think I read it somewhere one binky bunny.

I'm so excited! Because I'm going to plant watermelons tomorrow. Woo hoo! It may be childish to get so excited about it, but what can I say? I can't help it. I LOVE growing gardens.

Chris I'm not going to make your bunnies out of crochet thread, but that doesn't mean I wont make them at all. I came up with a new crochet bunny design its small and I tried to make it look as realistic as possible. I'm going to make your three bunnies with this pattern. I can't wait! :)

Here it is
b1-7186.jpg

^ Before I put the eyes on.
b2-7187.jpg

b3-7188.jpg

b4-7189.jpg

b5-7190.jpg

b6-7191.jpg

These last to pictures aren't very clear.
b7-7192.jpg

b8-7193.jpg

So what do you all think? Should I change anything? I thought that maybe I should make the back feet a little bit longer. What do you all think? Should I change anything?

Last edited:
Yeah, the back feet would look good a little longer. I like the front legs a lot better than the original bunny pattern :) It looks like you're crocheting a little tighter too, looks really uniform :)

Yeah, I think I'll make them longer. They look a little too short. The front legs do look better. I like how they turned out. I was trying to crochet tightly, I was also using a pretty small hook. But I liked the way it turned out. I'll change the foot pattern around a bit and make them a bit longer.

That looks good! It does look a little tighter and it looks great! I think with the changes you're talking about making, they will all look GREAT!

Ellie LOVES cardboard. She chews it all the time and loves it. haha. I just gave her some newspaper yesterday and oh boy, she's SO happy with it!

That looks good! It does look a little tighter and it looks great! I think with the changes you're talking about making, they will all look GREAT!

Ellie LOVES cardboard. She chews it all the time and loves it. haha. I just gave her some newspaper yesterday and oh boy, she's SO happy with it!

Thanks Morgan, I'm hoping that they will look pretty realistic, I think Bandy will look pretty good cos he's furry and I think Houdini will look good because of his markings. I'm hoping Snowy will look pretty realistic too.

Cardboard is Ash's favorite 'toy' he doesn't like any other toys that I know of. But he LOVES chewing things. I think I have some extra newspaper sheets I'll go and give them to him right now. He loves ripping paper apart.

Latest posts

Back