Apollo's Acres

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no poops. Dale went to the storewhile I took a nap. He got me some more pineappple, nutrical, cannedpumpkin, Pedialyte and apple juice.

I just misted Apollo hay with th apple juice so we'll see ifthat gets him to eat more. He's still not wanting to do much but layaround so Dale bought a newspaper. Hopefully that gets him up. I wasgoing to take him outside but dang it, it's raining.

Dale also got me some masks I can wear. With the fur flying mybronchitis and sinus infectionare worsening again so hopefllythe masks will help.

I will keep you posted.

Thank you for all the good thoughts and prayers.

Tina

Prayers for Apollo from me and SLG.

angel.jpg

How is Apollo's appetite so far? I'mpraying that he will start eating and pooping again soon.Come on Sweet bunny, get better so your mommy can get some rest and getbetter herself.

:jumpingbunny:

Actually his apetite isn't half bad. Iwas surprised at how much he is actually eating without me enticinghim. Just no poops. He's not wanting to run and play so I get sneakyand tempt him with newspaper and a few minutes ago I broke out thedreaded TRUCK. He's having fun beating it up right now.

I don't get it. I try everything in my power to avoid this fromhappening. They get tons of hay, pineapple and papaya every day.Pineapple juice and canned pumpkin twice a week. I brush them all-allthe time.

If Apollo doesn't get any better, tomorrow when I take him tothe vet I think I'm going to request an xray. I want to know what it isI'm dealing with. I'm sorry, I'm tired and stressed and rambling.

Thank you everyone.

Tina

Apollois in trouble again. He is not pooping and not wanting to eat. I calledthe vet. He wants me to continue treating him the way I am. If I noticehim back sliding to bring him in. But at this point it will stress himout less being treated at home.

I stayed up with him all night. I kept telling him I love him and hehas to get better. I am exhausted and frustrated but trying so hard tostay positive. I even go outside and cry so I don't upset him. Jeremyleft for school this morning with tears in his eyes he's so worriedabout his brother.

I want to thank PGG, Gypsy, Jenniblu, FreddysMom, Irishmist,Shuu,Cirrustwi and Tinysmom. You have all been so supportive and justan amazing source of information and strength. :hug:

Tina

Oh, Tina. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time with this. You and yours are in my prayers.

Hang in there, Wollo! You can do it, big guy!

Laura

Oh No, Tina! I'm so sorry. How upsetting. Poor Apollo.

:sad:

Praying very hard.

-Carolyn

:tears2:Thank you so much. It means so much to me both of you.

I laid on the floor and cuddled him last night. I explained tohim that mom can't get better until he gets better. I think it may havehelped because he took some wet parsley from me this morning.

Tina

I've been thinkinga lot about how much Apollo has been sick lately. I tried to do alittle bit of research but didn't find what I was looking for. What Idid run across indicated that Flemish weren't as inclined to get Stasisas the smaller breeds of rabbits. I know that when Sebastian got it andsome of the other bunnies on the board have had bad bouts of it, theytook a week or two to really get back to normal. It seems like Apollorecovers fairly quickly from these episodes. Do you think it's possiblethat he has some other chronic ailment? Something that is not at allrelated to Stasis? Is there something that he could be getting into ona regular basis that could be upsetting his system, or any changes inany of his diet that dates back to when this began?

I'm not nearly as educated as some of the people on the board aboutrabbit diseases. I'm trying to come up with what kind of problems couldreoccur like this and cause such upset to his system in such frequentepisodes yet allow him to seemingly recover so quickly...

Any ideas from the "more educated" group?

Raspberry

Oh Tina - keep talking to your boy Apollo. I firmly believe that they can understandwhat we need from them.

Raz, way to think outside of the box on this thing. I thinkwe all have been wracking our brains to think of possible treatments,but finding a possible cause/effect is a good ideal too.

PS- Tina...no ...thank you for being my friend. :)

The only thing I have noticed is he getssick when I am really sick. It really stresses him out for somereason.I know alot of people don't buy into that train ofthought. But this is the same bunn that when we went on our honeymoonflat out refused to eat. We had to come home five days early. An hourafter coming home and cuddling him he went and chowed down.

I've been battling a sinus infection, strep throat andbronchitis. When I am feeling especially poorly Apollo starts havingproblems. I improve and so does he. Two nights ago my bronchitisstarted flaring up bad again. Two nights ago he started having problemsagain.

I want to thank you all for the support, good thoughts and prayers.

Tina

I totally believe in that stuff, that is why Iasked you about in chat the other night. Dolphins are empathsas well, they have been known to diagnose tumours. Dogs knowwhen you are upset. So, why not rabbits? They are smartenough to be trained and taught tricks. Anything that has a soul shouldbe empathetic to you, especially when they have a special relationship.

I will send good thoughts out to you an Apollo!

Susan

Latest posts

Back