Apollo's Acres

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying not to get too excited incase it doesn't happen for a while again but Apollo pooped three tinystinky poops. I am glad he pooped but don't want to break out thefestivities yet. I know this is a long slow process, but yea hepooped.

He still won't eat anything but parsley on his own. He won'tdrink on his own yet either. He is peeing ok so I just have to keephydrated.

Susan, I'm glad you understand. I know some people don't but Ido. Last year I got sick like this and couldn't get out of bed. I stilldon't know how he did it but Apollo broke the latch on his cage door.He made a bee line straight to my room. We were still unpacking so 80%of the house wasn't even bunny proofed yet. He could have caused sortsof mischief but didn't. He laid down beside me and woke me up to checkon me.

Bunnys_rule, thank you. I'm trying to take care of myself aswell. I am soo ready for Apollo to feel better and have this behindus.

Thanks you everyone for your prayers and support.

:hug:

Tina

I am so sorry to hear your boy isn't doingwell. I hope both of you improve quickly. Some goodnews from Theresa - Otis is doing great and been running and binkyingwhen he is in his exercise pen. He'll be on the way to meetyou soon.

Oh Tina, I am so sorry that Apollo is havingproblems again. Perhaps you are going about things the wrong way.Instead of you helping him to get better, how about you go to bed, andlet Apollo come to look afteryou :p;). Seriouslythough, I do think how we are feeling affects our rabbits - I am surethey can sense things. I will be keeping you and Apollo in my prayers.

Jan

Seniorcats, Thank you. I tried to callTheresa but it wouldn't go through. I'm going to try again. I'm tryingto be patient and give everything a chance to work.

Jan, Thank you for your support and prayers. Poor guy really needs them right now.

I am including a few pictures. I am adding them because some people have never seen a really bad molt yet.

This is how much hair I get off him 6 times a day.
Oct.jpg

This is how he looks. All rough and spiky.
Moulting1.jpg

Now I may not be the brightest crayon in the box but I finallyout smarted Apollo. He despises pumpkin. Will spit it out as fast asyou can syringe it in him. So if it works for nutrical, why not pumpkin.
PumpkinWollo.jpg

It tastes so bad he munches some parsley to get the taste out of his mouth.
pumkinWolloparsley.jpg

Tina

:laugh:pOORR WALLOOOO!!!!!!

well at least you know what he would look like asa Fawn or OrangeFlemish lmao!!

Dang, Tina, I think you need to submitthis picture to the angry bunnies thread...oh, and sleep with one eyeopen. Apollo does not look amused.:laugh:

pumkinWolloparsley.jpg

Apollo pooped a little bit at 2am. Hestill won't eat anything but parsley on his own. :dunno:I'm not surewhat that's about. He did act like he was going to nibble some hay or apellet or two but nope. I should be in bed but I can't sleep knowing mybaby doesn't feel good.

Poor baby, I hate putting the pumpkin on him like that but it'sthe only way to get it into him. Well that and the Nutrical. But it'ssfor his own good.

Apollo is going to go with us to go pick up Otis tomorrow. It's3&1/2 hours each way. Thankfully Apollo loves car rides. I justdon't trust any one else to give him his treatments. So I will begiving them to him in the car. The van has a small fridge in it and Ibought a bottle warmer for baby bottles to warm up his liquids forhim.

I really want to thank everyone of you, for your thoughts andprayers. They have helped so much. I also want to thank you for makingme laugh when all I want to do is lay down and cry. It helps soooooooomuch to laugh, it helps keep things in perspective for me. So ThankYou.

Tina

Poor Apollo! :sad: The two of you must be exhausted!

I'd be a bit concerned that he'd take in more hair by cleaning itoff ofhim. No??

Hope it goes well getting Otis. :)

-Carolyn

The picture isfunny, well, I'm sure it isn't the least bit funny to poor Wollo! But,I would really worry that having him lick the pumpkin off of his furright now would complicate the problem. With him being in such a heavymolt, (as your other photo pointed out)then I would thinkthat encouraging him to lick himself even more, might not be ideal. Itjust seems like he'd be ingesting all the more hair that you are tryingto get eliminated from his system to begin with...

Sebastian hates, hates, hates pumpkintoo. Won't touch it. I have to syringe it to him whenever he get it.

I do remember a long while backMyBunnyBoys was experimenting with a recipe for bunny cookies or cakesor something like that. Maybe she, or someone else has a recipe forsomething that has pumpkin in it? If not, maybe we as a group shouldcome up with one? After all, we are very bright and we have some veryeducated folks around here... This is something we could pursue forbunnies like Apollo and Sebastian. :)

RaspberrySwirl

Aw Poor Tina and Apollo. I forgot you are comingup to Pa tomorrow for Otis. Yay you must be excited. make sure you postpics. Tina you need to get better too and I know it is hard gettingbetter while worring about Apollo. Take care adn Apollo getbetter for mummie so she can get better.

Tina give Wallo a kissie from me.

Where I put the pumpkin I groom extragood before I even think about putting the pumpkin on. Poor babydespises it but he will not let me syringe pumpkin to him. I tried andtried. The last effort resulted in Apollo with a mouthful of pumpkin herefused to swallow for over an hour. This really is the only way to getit in him.

I bit of good news. He has pooped a bit more at 6am. just thetiniest bit. But that tiniest bit shows that it's getting through. Heseems to be feeling a bit better now. This morning he was a bitlethargic. Now he played with his video case and even chinned a fewthings.

Now a bit of a story.

I love Apollo with every fiber of my being. He is my baby andevery second I am given with him is a true blessing. Thatsaid... Hebetter be thanking his lucky stars bunnies don't getspankings.

I have beenmonitoring Apollo's fluid intake andoutput. Well for three hours last night there was lots of input but nooutput. Needless to say I started freaking out. I am packing up histreatments because we are going to the vet.

I give Koda & Norman kisses and tell them I'll be backlater. Next is Christa's turn. I take two steps and Wham, I am on mybutt and don't know what the heck just happened. As I'm sitting therewaiting for any broken bones to make themselves known, I notice I'mwet. Whatin the world is going on??

I slowly get up. That's when I notice the smell. I am covered in PEE. Ewww. I am covered in PEE!!!

Apparently when a bunn isn't feeling well, it is much better topee behind someone else's cage. I thought he was going back there toget as far away from me as possible.:tears2:NO it wasto .Funny how during all this the offending bunny is no where to befound.

So in the end, Apollo didn't need the vet he needs a diaper.Meand Miss Clairol are quickly becoming fast friends. Suddenly, I'm notfeeling so bad about posting that picture of him looking like an orangecrayon.

I also want to thnk everyone for your continued good thoughtsand prayers. They are working. He definitely seems to have a bit moreenergy today.

Tina

ROFL that stinker!!! His way of getting back at you it would seem!!! Hey, at least its good to know theres some output!!!

Your doin a great job Tina, keep up the good work!!!!

I have Awesome News!!!!!!

I decided to spice things up for Apollo. I started giving himtreatment. OK this sounds weird but it works lol. I use a turkey basterto give Apollo his pellet slurry. I mix pellets, finely cut hay,chamomile tea and pumpkin. Well baby took not one , not twobut three and a hlaf basters just now. I was shaking I was so happy.Since he did so good for that part I stood outside with him to give thepineapple to him. He took 8 teaspoons WILLINGLY y'all. He sucked it uplike it was vanilla water.

I held him in my arms and just hugged him to me. I told himwhat an awesome boy he was and how proud I am of him. Jeremy and I justgroup hugged him and cried.

I know y'all would understand how happy I am and I couldn'twait to tell you. My arms are shaking from holding him so long lol. Iam going to go snuggle my baby boy.

Way To Go :apollo:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina

Wow, that's really good news!! I betyour feeling VERY relieved!! My last mini rex doe diedof stasis. The good rabbit vet was on vacation so I had tosee the other vet, and he didn't give me very good advice. Bythe time I knew what this stasis stuff was about, it was toolate. Now I'm paranoid about it, I understand your worry.

Keep up the good work Wollo!!

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back