Apollo's Acres

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tina you have one VERY cute boy there!

I showed Peter the pics of Apollo, and he couldn't get over how bighe was!

I told him the next one is a 'wollo for sure! LMBO!:Dhe said WHAT!

LMBO!

Love,

Monkeys!:p

dajeti2 wrote:
Well, we both know that when one is royalty one does not minglewith mere commoners. It wouldn't be civilized. Stickyhands.droll..*shiver* banish the thought right Sherman.

Apollo loves his Auntie Bunny too. We are looking forward toseeing Sherman in his new digs. Can't wait to see the new throneroom.

139.jpg

Tina & Wollo

You read your nephew REALLY well, Tina!!!!...

Apollo is feeling so much better. I can'texpress my joy and relief. My baby feels better and boy is heletting me know. He's been rattling his cage and demandingtreats.

As many of you know, we were going to adopt those chickens infoster care. They all have homes Yeah. We didn't let that stop us. Thechicks have landed. I am so ecxited.

We have 6 tiny chicks. Each has their own personality. Theirfeathers look and feel like fur. They even flop like bunnies. Theycheep whenever I talk to them. I don't know if they are like oh there'smom or hey lady hush we're trying to sleep:?.

We have 2 Rhode Island Reds named Amber and Penny. Amber isdarker the Penny. All I have are Penny's pictures because Amber wassleeping.

Penny4.jpg

Then there are our 2 barred Bantams. We named them Pepper andPatches. Patches is a bit onery and likes to pick on the others. Pepperis very sweet. These are Peppers's pictures as Patches wassleeping.

Pepper.jpg

Pepper2.jpg

We also have to who knows what kind. We don't know the sex orthe breed. Jeremy wanted this black one that was gorgeous. The womanaccidently grabbed this one and asked Jer if this was the one. Ratherthan hurt her feelings he said yes. When I went to tell the woman hermistake Jer kept shaking his head. He said this one is cute too and wecan come next weekend for the others.

So this is Sassy. You talk to her and she just bobs that headand talks right back. She's so funny. God gave her those racing stripesfor a reason because wow:shock:she's fast.

Sassy2.jpg

Sassy3.jpg

I knowI am not to have a favorite but it's hard notto. I have named this little one Mystery. This baby is literally halfthe size of the others. We don't know how old, what breed or what sex.All I know is that she is very sweet and actually cuddles. When I runmy finger down her back she arches her back into it. Very Sweet.

Mystery2.jpg

Mystery1.jpg

I'll try and get a picture or two of Amber andPatches some time today or tomorrow. We are also getting two ducklings.Landlord said it's not a problem so yeah I get to save the two littleones I've visited twice already. Apollo was scared of tinychicks .Now that he knows they aren't going to eat him he's fine. He cracks meup. He runs up to St. Bernards to make freinds but is scared ofchicks.

Tina

Goodness, they're adorable!

Great pictures,Tina!!

-Carolyn

dajeti2 wrote:
Apollo was scared of tinychicks .Now that he knows they aren't going to eat him he's fine. He cracks meup. He runs up to St. Bernards to make freinds but is scared ofchicks.

Tina
Too funny - Apollo scared of the litle chicks!!! ROFL!

Thank you both.

Carolyn, your nephew's pics are coming soon;).

Jenni, He is a mess lol. I wonder whaat Vash is going to think of your babies? You'll have to tell me.

Amber and Patches woke up so I have pics now.

This is Amber. You can see what a darker red she is than Penny.

Amber5.jpg

Amber3.jpg

First I learned the guuilt of the bunny butt, now I'm getting chicken butt:shock::(:X

Amber6.jpg

This is Patches. She is really really vocal. She has less white on her head the pepper does.

Patches2.jpg

Patches4.jpg

Tina

Y'all, please excuse me for asking what Iknowis going to appear to be a stupid question to those ofyou with extensive experience dealing with a variety of animals...:(... Do chickens make good pets, i.e. affectionate, cuddly,intelligent, good personality?

Thanks for answering.

BunnyMommy, my momma always said that the only Stupid Question is the one you don't ask.

Just from what I've read chickens are like rabbits. Differentbreeds are known for different temperments. There are even FlemishGiants of the chicken world called Jersey Giants.

I've noticed two of mine are cuddlier than the rest. Every oneI've spoken to says they are smart. I'll have to get back to you onthat one. I love that They love to eat bugs. My sister in law said shesaw such a decrease in the bugs around her house since she got thechickens.

I'm sure there are much better answers from people with way more experience than I have.

Tina

Are we going to see BunnyMommy one day become BunnyMommy/ChickenMommy?

my parents have always had chickens.. and ofcourse there were a few that were 'pets'.. more socialized that weplayed with :) one of mine was a rooster that wouldplay with our beagle lol! they'd chase each other all overthe back yard, taking turns who was the chaser and who was the chasee..usually the rooster would initiate hehe! :) he'd play with uskids too now and then..

Spiced, oh how cool. I bet that was so fun to watch.

Jen, we will end up with about 12 layers. I am also thinkingabout six Cochins so I can show them. Plus we are getting two duckmaybe four but 2 definitely.

Tina

Tina, LOL! I don't think that chickensare in my future. This wretched spoiled bunny doesn't evenlike for my baby nephew to visit, much less another, dare I say it,animal... .

I do know that my father had a pet chicken when he wasyounger. He named him Jerry. I'm going to have toask him for details of that experience. The poor littlechicken had an untimely demise of the fried persuasion... ,an experience that my father still recalls with hurt and greatdisappointment...

What was I thinking. I'm sorry Sherman I lost my head for a minutethere. Happens when you get to be my age.

Oh poor Jerry and Dad. I would be interested to hear what hehas to say. Dale was telling me how his grandparents kept chickens. Ithink it so interesting the differences in care from then andnow.

BunnyMommy sounds so much better. The other was a bit of a tongue twister.

Tina

Tina!

The chicks are ADORABLE! Can I have one??????? PLEEEEEASE???????

LMBO! Yeah right, could you see my husbands face if I brought home chicks?

It would be a mix of these...

:shock:+:X+:(+:?+:X:X:X:X:X:X:X= one VERY angry hubby!

not to mention the upset that would cause in the jungle!

I'm must say that I am VERY pleased to hear my 'pollo is doing much better!

Congrats!

Love,

Monkeys!:p

Oh chick pictures! They seem tobe growing bigger everyday. I can't believe Amber gave youchicken butt, LOL!I wonder what it means in chickenlanguage? And they even flop like rabbits, tooadorable. You are going to start a chicken craze on thisboard. I can see it now: "Rabbits Only (and chickens)Forum. The cochins always remind me of thoseold-fashioneddolls with the big pantaloons!

My best friend growing up had a bunch of "pet"chickens. His dad was a psychologist and he trained them and used themfor talks and demonstrations at schools. He even had a tailor make somelittle chicken suits. It was hilarious. They were all different fancybreeds, but I'm not sure what kinds. I think I might be able toscrounge up some pictures from home. They're hilarious! He also had arabbit that he put in a custom tuxedo. The rabbit used to ride aroundon the back of his motorcycle with him!! (buckled in a carrier ofcourse)

I don't think Wollo would like to be on te back of a chopper lol.

Thank you. You just gave me an idea. I could dress Wollo andthe chickens up. How Cool!Your freinds dad sounds like he was very goodwith animals and entertaining. How fun. I would love to see picturesone day, it sounds hilarious and just thinking about it I'mgiggling.

Tina

Latest posts

Back