Apollo's Acres

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Good News!

Believe it or not we got another 6 chicks today. We went to TSCto pick up 4 but Virginia has a 6 chick minimum:shock:...Cool:D! Dalewasn't real thrilled at first but what can ya do right,thelaw is thelaw;).

I am nowthe proud Momma of 12 chicks. It's a bitharder keeping track of them all and we are currently working on namesfor the rest lol. Jeremy named one Precious. Here are pics of the newkids in the brooder.

If any one knows what breed these2 are I would reallyappreciate it. We love the faces they are so different looking. Verystriking.

12chicks016.jpg

12chicks017.jpg

12chicks026.jpg

Jerey has named this little cutie pie Precious and she lives upto her name. She snuggles right in but boy is she loud lol.

12chicks047.jpg

12chicks045.jpg

I need some help with breed? on these little ones too.

12chicks025.jpg

12chicks024.jpg

This one is real thrill seeker. Look over the nasty finger.

12chicks030.jpg

12chicks033.jpg

Here's my Mystery baby.

12chicks037.jpg

Surprise! Mystery now has 2 sisters.

12chicks040.jpg

12chicks042.jpg

Here is what 12 chicks looks like lol.

12chicks052.jpg

12chicks003.jpg

Well that's the family. I can't get over how much fun they are.Mystery is still getting picked on :X:(. I scoop her up and she getsthe royal treatment lol. I put her under my shirt where it's warm andshe snuggles right in and sleeps on my tummy lol.

Apollo is warming up to them too. The first night hewas not a happy camper. They would cry and he would thump. I swear itwas so crazy, they kept me running back and forth all night:X.Thankfully everyone is settled and enjoyinglife:Dagain..phew..I need a nap.

Tina

Amy, I love that one too. That chick satthere mesmorized by the screen saver. She kept watching and watchingApollo's pictures. It was so cute I had to get a picture of itlol.

Tina

OH TINA YOU LUCKY BUMB!

I wish my hubby would let me keep all the animlas I wanted!

I shouldn't complain, sometimes it can be a real 'jungle' in here!

LMBO!

The new chicks are VERY cute!

Much love,

Monkeys!:p

Jenni, Gypsy said that Mysteryand her sisters will most likey stay black Yeah. As to the rest WhoKnows lol. I am just glad I have pictures of them all so young. I amgoing to bekeeping a photo journal of them all. That way forfurure reference I'll know what I'm looking at from new chick to fullgrown.

Lyndsy, Dale is so good about it. He pretends to be hard, amacho man's macho man but well we all saw the Apollo and hay momentlol. It gets pretty crazy around here. And it's only going to getcrazier lol.

The coming year year is going to be a very exciting and busyone. 5-7 new bunnies will call the Acres home as will a puppy or two.Baseball season has started and we are trying to start a rabbit 4Hproject for next year. I am still trying to get Wollo certified. I'mtired just thinking about it all..I think I need a nap lol.

Tina

I know hte black onesare SEXLINK ( not swearing before someonejumps ) thats what they arecalled they producebetter eggs with heavier shells, these are my chickens ofchioce! much ahrdier bird also they are across between a rhode islan redand a barred rock , Fenalesalways stay black andthey are the only chicken you are able tosex before they growrooster spurs , Males are alwaysbarred as apposed to all black !neattrick huh lol .shott almost forgot the whiteones will most likely be white meat birds, they will lay eggsbut watch their legs as they get older, thier legs wont hold up theirbodies as they growand they get a weird case ofparalzation , theres a name for it butim at a loss what it is offhand.

So out of 12 chicks, I most likey have 3Black Sex Link, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Barred Bantam(?) what the tagsaid and a bunch of Who Knows lol.

Gypsy I will definitely keep that in mind about the legs and all.

Lyndsy, we are surprising Jeremy with a Basst Hound puppy. I amalso looking for a breeder, a Keeshond Breeder. So hopefully I willfind a little ball of fluff to call my own. I am so excited.

Guess what, yea, I got pics. We got the case in the house. Talkabout Heavy man oh man. Dale, Jeremy and I were barely able to get inthe house. The chicks were scared of all the space at first. Thatlasted all of 5 minutes lol. Now they lower their little heads spreadtheir wings out and run super fast to the other side. I feel on thefloor I was laughing so hard.

Woke Apollo up who was not in the least bit amused orinterested lol. Gave him a piece of paper and he was suddenly a verylively young man. He likes Mystery. I put her by his cage and at firstWollo was like un uh I want nothing to do with that.

I start to take her away and he's pushing his nose out to her. He likes just not when she's looking at him.

The Chicks new home.

NewHome1.jpg

NH2.jpg

Mystery bumped her head trying to get to me. It was so sad.

MysteryCame2Me.jpg

This is a picture of their mad dash.

NewHome019.jpg

This is Precious. She will sleep anywhere and in the weirdest positions lol.

NewHome020.jpg

NewHome025.jpg

This what Apollo thought of us moving this huge thing and the chicks in general.

SoundAsleep3.jpg

EyesOpen.jpg

sound asleep with his eyes open...I hate when he does this it's so freaky looking lol.

Here heis chilling out watching me clean up.

NewHome007.jpg

NewHome027.jpg

NewHome028.jpg

Here he is dancing with paper. That's why the picture is a bitblurry. He was moving so fast he was a bit hard to catch.

NewHome010.jpg

I hope ya'll like them.

Tina

Finally, I got to the end of this post!! Ithought it would never end, I love the pictures!! I can't believe yougot more chicks!! I want one!! I love looking at Apollo!! SO how manyanimals do you have? Just wondering...

bunnylover78642 wrote:
Finally, I got to the end of this post!! I thought it wouldnever end, I love the pictures!! I can't believe you got more chicks!!I want one!! I love looking at Apollo!! SO how many animals do youhave? Just wondering...
I am so glad you enjoyed all the pictures. Apollo thanks youtoo. LMBO, we have 22 animals. We have a dog, 4 fish,2 snails, 2 frogs,a toad, Wollo and the 12 chicks.

How many do you have?

Tina

dajeti2 wrote:
Jenni, Gypsy said that Mystery and hersisters will most likey stay black Yeah.
So, you have some "ethnic" chickens too, LOL. More chickpictures! They are so adorable. I like your brooderyou made out of thestore display - would have never thoughtof it.My brother is so against me getting somechicks- he said I would end up naming them all and puttingcollars or bows on them.:p

Jenniblu wrote:
dajeti2 wrote:
Jenni, Gypsy said that Mystery and hersisters will most likey stay black Yeah.
So, you have some "ethnic" chickens too, LOL. More chickpictures! They are so adorable. I like your brooderyou made out of thestore display - would have never thoughtof it.My brother is so against me getting somechicks- he said I would end up naming them all and puttingcollars or bows on them.:p
Tell him you have to name them so you can keep the paperwork inorder;);). They are not collars or bows you tell him I said they areFashion Acessories for a calendar yea that sounds good.

have some "ethnic" chickens too, LOLThat is so funny. That's what yours are too right? How manyare you getting? Between Apollo and chicks I can'tremember.

After the chicks are ready to move outside I am going to usethe display as a home for Christa and Hopi. I am going to keep my outfor another case I can use as an all the time brooder.

I want some updates on Vashy and how you are doing getting ready for the chicks.

I am so excited for you.

Tina

WOW! You certainly have your hands full now! Whatcute little chicks! Can I ask are they just pets or will they produceeggs for you? Puppies in the future too! How do you think Apollo willlike that? Diva was NOT impressed when we brought Gunnar home and shecertainly made her feelings known.

I just don't know how you do it all, you must be SuperMom!!

Fergi's mom

Mambo. I already have, did the sign fall over again lol.

Fergi, the chicks are my babies but we got them for the eggs.We go through so many eggs that it just made sense to get chickens. Itis going to save me a small fortune lol. I've named most of them sothey are pets and layers.

Apollo has a dog know. The dog is scared of him. Apollo wantsto make friends with every dog he sees, so I think he's going to loveit. Some new playmates lol.

Believe it or not the chicks are really easy to take care of. Iclean there brooder once a day. While I'm at it I clean them up, washtheir bowls feed and water them. They are really fun.

Tina

Tina, I am planning on getting the blackaustralorps (my "ethnic" chickens lol) next Saturday. First Iwas only going to bring home 3, but the minimum is 6 chicks.That might not be a bad thing in case some die or one turns out to be amale.

I don't think Tinais the one in control anymore! :shock:Tell the truth, thepest own you! It won't be long before they are making a movie abouther...Kind of like Dr. Dolittle! :)When are you gettingJeremy's puppy?

Raspberry

We are going to put off getting the puppyuntil about August or September. I would hate to have to leave a puppyfor a little over a week in July. Plus with all the Babies moving in itwouldn't be fair to a puppy. We want to be able to spoil and pamper thePuppy the right way.

It's official We are getting two little girls from Gypsy. THeirnames are Christa(touched by Christ) and Hopi. Hopi's name started as ajoke as in I'm HOPIng we get to have her lol. I really like it. Istarted a thread called Meet the New Girls.

**************************************************Ihave good news. I am adopting two little girls. Gypsy is letting mehave two of her girls. I have already picked my babies out. I shouldsay we were brought together. I see them and I feel this incrediblepull and the thought of not having them is truly heart breaking. Ican't explain it any better than that.

ChristasFamily.jpg

This is Christa. Her name means touched by Christ which seems soappropriate. She has a cross on her back. This is Darling's sister. Sothis makes her a bit more special to me.

Kits1.jpg

This is Hopi's family. She has the same pull and influence on me that Christa does.

Hopisfamily.jpg

Hopi is the little darker gray broken laying across the back.She is a doll. Her name started as a joke but I really like it.

Kits2.jpg

Gypsy is not only letting me be their Mom, she is going tostart boding them as soon as they are old enough to leave mom. They aregoing to be spayed little pampered house girls. I will be picking themup, you guessed it in July.

They are three weeks old now. I am so excited. I told Jeremytoday and he was on Cloud9. He just adores them. He asked me to printtheir pictures so he could hang them on his bedroom wall.

I will be adding the girls to Apollo's Acres. I will be putting all their pictures and updates there.

Raspberry, only the bunnies are in the house. The chicks willbe going outside in about a month and a half. Then they will free rangeduring the day and be cooped at night. So it really isn't as much asyou'd think.:p:D

Tina

Have you started preparing Apollo for the new bunnies that will be entering his life?

In fact, how does one prepare a bunny forchanges like this?

Peg :cool:

Latest posts

Back