Apollo's Acres

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure how to prepare most bunnies.I don't mean any disrespect it's just from all I've heard Apollo isunusual.

He started with a mate he adored. He took her passing hard. Butas time went by he has bounced back better than ever. Hefound a girlfriend at the show he was in and just 3 weeks ago wasgrooming the babies at the pet store. I think he is going to be justfine.

I am more concerned with how Adara, Damara, and Atlas are goingto make the transition. Christa and Hopi are handled constantly fromday one so I know they are Very Socialized.

Tina

Tinas Little Hopi *

IM000060.jpg

The Mommy Rabbit *

IM000053.jpg

Look Mom I can reach the water bottle !!!!*

IM000056.jpg

I just had to share thesepictures with everyone , moreto come on little Christa , If I can gether to sit still long enough ! lol

Gypsy

* This is Little Christa :: *

IM000067.jpg

Left side

IM000065.jpg

* what a sweet face i have **

IM000066.jpg

Here is a picture of her Mommy *

IM000068.jpg

Ifeel so silly but I can't stop crying.I am just so happy. Ican't get over the size difference. They are so beautiful. Gypsy, Iwill never be able to thank you enough for what you are doing for meand my family. Jeremy was a bit teary eyed looking at them. He lovesChrista's little ears and her mustache lol. He Adores her Cross. Hesaid Hopi's really fuzzy lol.

Even Dale was looking and remarked on them:shock:Henever says much of anything about bunny looks:shock:. These girls eventouched Dale and none have done that since Athena passed.

Gypsy, hugs hugs hugs.

Amy, the girls turned 3 weeks old yesterday. Gypsy gave metheir birthday's last night. They were both born on March 18, 2005 at1:30 pm.

Tina

The house for the chicks is really nice! They look so cute and sweet in there.

That photo of Pollo Wollo sleeping while all of the activity was goingon is PRICELESS! ... :D... I can't stoplaughing!!!! I simply ADORE that sweetbunny!!!!

He was really grouchy:X when I fell andwoke him up. Then even though I hurt myself I jumped up and gave him apiece of paper to play with so he wouldn't be mad at me:?. What alittle stinker.

The chicks are where Apollo can see them so now it's like he has his own tv lol. He loves watching them.

Apollo told me to send you and Sherman his love. He loves hearing from his Auntie and his Cousin.

Tina

Tina you lucky little duck!

Look at ALL your sweet babies...

The chick house looks great! They look like they've got tons of room in thier!

The monkeys thought your new girls were VERY cute...

You'll have to keep updating the pics, and I know that won't be a problem... PICTURE MONSTER!!!!!!

LMBO!

much love,

Monkeys!:p

Lyndsy, thank you so much. They love itis so funny it's like watching jets speed up the runway. But instead oftake off the just stop. More than one has bumped her head, sillychickies.

Gypsy has the girls and with like 30 babies and moms andbunnies and family, I feel really bad so I haven't asked. Gypsy kindlyjust posted them for me.

I will put every one she sends me up her.Speaking of which Ifound Christa's baby picture Gypsy sent me a while ago pertaining to aproblem.

ChristasBabyPic.jpg

Mom and Christa both have the same mustache. I think it's so cute.

Kissy2.jpg

Christa2.jpg

I took a few pictures of the chicks. Two have butt feathers andthe are all so cute. Here is Jer with one and in the second picture, hegot pooped on:shock:.

NewHome033.jpg

NewHome034.jpg

This is Amber and Sassy our butt feather girls lol.

NewHome039.jpg

Drinking water which I love watching, I'm weird I know

NewHome041.jpg

NewHome046.jpg

These are pictures of two chicks that no one seems to know whatthey are. I just love the markings on the first one.

NewHome052.jpg

I opened the door and Mystery came running bless her heart.

NewHome057.jpg

NewHome058.jpg

Tina

o0oh...Great pictures!! :shock:

Look at the silly chick in the water!! and the ones that look like they're talking!

They're sooo cute!!

NewHome041.jpg

I know these are probably dumb questions and may have been answeredalready, but what do chicks eat?and How big do they get whenthey are full grown?

I feel so dumb asking these questions, but I've never actually seen one in person...just pictures. :?

Jenn

Jenn, these aren't dumb questions! ... :) I was wondering the same.

Also, Tina, is the primary purpose of the chicks to be pets or are you getting them for egg production purposes?

(I still haven't had a chance to ask my dad about his pet chick as ourschedules are running in two different directions right now.I hope to catch up with him over the next two days.)

IM000067.jpg

IM000060.jpg

Hi Babies!! I can't wait to meet them. They're so precious!

Thanks for posting pictures Tina and Gypsy. I'm inlove.

NewHome041.jpg

Chicks with 'tudes. You gotta love 'em!

:)

-Carolyn

Babybunnywrigley and BunnyMommy,

Belive it or not these are my first chickens. I was city bornand raised and the only chickens I ever saw were in books or on tv.That's probably part of the reason I am so nuts over these littleones.

I feed them a chick starter right now. It's a corn basedproduct.It's by a company called Domoc and it's only $5 for20 pounds. They'll stay on this until they are 10-12 weeks old. In abot6 weeks and I can start giving them green foods too like salad fixingsand boiled potatoe and cooked oatmeal.

To be honest the chicks I have we are only sure about what twoof them are at this point and that Is my Rhode Island Reds Amber andPenny. They will be about 9 pounds full grown. 9 pounds for a hen and11 pounds for a rooster are about average.

BunnyMommy, we definitely got these girls for the eggs. Atleast we are hoping they are girls. All but 1 rooster goes to a newhome if we have more than one.Jeremy is eating 3 eggs a dayfor breakfast. I love baking and go through alot of eggs. We figured itwould be cheaper in the long run to just get chickens.

Raspberry, Thispoor boy. Every chick and I do mean every chick he tries to snugglepoops on him. He's starting to get a complex.

Tina

Poor Jeremy with the chick poops. Tellhim that they do that with him because they feel sorelaxedaround him.
Every chick and I do mean every chick he triesto snuggle poops on him. He's starting to get acomplex.

Jenniblu wrote:
Poor Jeremy with the chick poops. Tell him thatthey do that with him because they feel so relaxedaround him.
I'll have touse this line on myteenage daughters...They've about had it with boys letting it riparound them! :XI'll just tell them the boys must feel very,veryrelaxed with them! :shock:

Raspberry

Jenni and Raspberry, you two are too funny.

Foundout Dale is leaving tomorrow morning:(. He is going to be gone 33 daysthis time. Lord grant me strength. I've been fighting tears all daysince I found out.

Jeremy has practice also so it's going to be a crazyemotional day. It's supposed to rain today so if it does no Wollopractice pics. Hopefully it will stay nice so I can get some moreHailey and Wollo pics. Plus plenty of him chilling out lol.

I always say I may not be on much but I'm not oing to say thatthis time. I think you all will help me through just by beingyourselves. See ya sometime tomorrow.

Tina and Jeremy

You know we'll be here to help, Tina. :)

Maybe Dale's trip won't take as long. The past few times hewas supposed to be out for weeks on end, things changed and hewasn't. Never know what will happen.

Chin Up, Darlin. He'll be calling you and flirting with youeveryday.

-Carolyn

:XYou'dthink those big trucking companies would realize that being out thatlong isn't good for morale! The idiots!Pfst!

Hang in thereTina!

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back