Apollo's Acres

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dale is on his way home. YEAH!! I am soexcited. He will be home for about 4 days instead of the usual two.he'll be here between 2 and 3 am.Being a trucker's wife isnot easy. I am ever so grateful for friends like ya'll. Time passesquickly when my laughing my butt off all the time.

That said, I am going to be looking at some chickens in htenext few days. All he chickens in foster care found homes Yeah. We arestill going to get chickens. With all the baking and eggs for breakfastthe chickens will pretty much pay for themselves by keeping me ineggs.

I'mgoing to tryand sneak in a Silkie or two.

Wish me luck. An all white fuzzy wuzzy chicken with a blue beakand feet. My favorite color and a fuzzy oh I want one so bad lol.

Tina

Lyndsy,aaww c'mon now. :p:p:D:D:p:p

Jen, I'm going to have to do my homework. I've probably seenwhat you're talking about a million times just never knew thenames. pssst if you wanted to wait until next year think Apollo Jr.Just a thought lol.

Tina

Tina, Jeremy is a real cutie pie! We're going to have to fight the ladies off of him!

Sherman and I are doing well, settling in after our move and trying to navigate through the renovation of my condo.

We'll be checking in more often now.

I just love my Pollo Wollo. These are simply the BESTpictures. I'm glad that he's doing better. It always brings asmile to my face when I see him "asserting" himself as the "master" ofhis domain. :)

BunnyMommy, Thank you so much. He has like 2 'girlfriends' already.:shock:I am so not ready for this.

Moving is so stressful. Please make sure to take some time torelax. How is Sherman adjusting? I just adore Sherman, I could love onhim all day but I know he'd have none of that. *sigh* I willhave to adore him from afar.

Thank you. I don't know what it is about the new camera that hejust lets me take picture after picture. I think when it comes toasserting himself as master, he got a lesson or two from his cousin theKing;).

I just love seeing you on the board. I have missed you so.

Tina

I am always super extra careful. Apollois never far enough away that I can just scoop him up if there was evera problem. I am always looking and if a dog or cat are around Apollostays in my lay of his stroller facing me. I have been blessed in thatwe've never had a problem. We have brought Apollo with us everywhere. Icouldn't imagine not bringing Apollo with us.

Tina

*I would love to take my bun out like that when hes older but dont you ever worry about dogs and cats?*

She doesnt telleveryone she has a machine gun in htebottom of the stroller lol

Great pics of Jer andApollo always loveseeing pics of the Apollo man !!

Tina,

My mom could tell you all about being with a trucker. Herfiance is a truck driver. He usually leaves on Sunday andcomes home on Friday. She handles if really well, but I'mworried about when I move out for good. I hope she isn't toolonely. She'll still have 2 great danes, 1 yorkie and 1 cat,so she'll keep busy.

My boyfriend, Shawn is a pilot. He is gone a lot.Usually not over night, but sometimes. Right now he is inPhoenix for 3 days. We are used to the separation though,because he lived in Indiana for 4 months and we went 9 weeks withoutseeing each other and it was a really difficult time in mylife. My mom had just been hit by a car and I was basicallyall alone. It was hard, but we worked through it. Ithink I'll actually look forward to him being gone sometimes when welive together. LOL

As for waiting until next year for an Apollo JR...that sounds reallytempting. I might just have to do that...or maybe we'll justneed 2 flemish...that would be fun. Hopefully at that timewe'll be planning a wedding (I really want to get married on what wouldhave been my parent's anniversary if my Dad were still living, and nextyear that will be a Saturday), so we'll need a little stress relief.

Jen

Jen,

your mom and you are stronger than I. Dale is generally gonefortwo and a half weeks then home for 3 days and it has been reallytough on all of us but especially Jeremy. He misses having his dadaround. It's baseball time and while I practice with him I must admit Ithrow like agirl .Poor kid.

Your mom sounds like she will most definitely be kept busy.

That first week I just cried all the time. I still cry everytime he leaves. Hopefully it will get better with time.

I think I'll actually look forward to him being gone sometimes when we live together. LOL that is so funny.

Ok see you are already learning the secret to Flemish. They arelike potato chips-Can't have just one lol. They are really addicting.Iam just always amazed at their temperment. They are so loving and soloyal. They are so big yet their egos and feelings are sofragile.

What an awesome way to pay tribute to your dad. I can't thinkof a better wedding date. Congratulations you'll have to keep us postedwhen you do set a date. Thank you for being so open with me. I feelreally honored you trusted me with this and I feel better knowing I amnot alone.

You area very dear person. I am so happy I have been given a chance to know you.

Tina

gypsy wrote:
*Iwould love to take my bun out like that when hes older but dont youever worry about dogs and cats?*

She doesnt telleveryone she has a machine gun in htebottom of the stroller lol

Great pics of Jer andApollo always loveseeing pics of the Apollo man !!
Youkill me. You definitely keep me on my toes. Now you know you weren'tsupposed to tell anybody that.

psstlookfamilar

Tina

Tina,

You are just so sweet, I have tears in my eyes. I don't thinkI'm actually stronger then anyone else, but my mom is a toughcookie. She deals with everything so well. I've hada really hard time with Shawn's job and there are times when I don'tdeal with it properly, but I try. I still cry a lot when heis gone and I feel that there is something I need him for. Ithink that will probably be worse when we first move in, but he willhave some time off for use to get things unpacked and set-up.

We aren't officially engaged yet, well, I guess I don't have aring. Everyone laughs at us because we won't say anythingabout it, but at the same time, we discuss our wedding all thetime. It's insane, we keep saying "when the time isright". I honestly don't even want to think about planning awedding. He and I both have huge families and tons offriends, I don't even want to think about how many people will bethere. LOL

I'm sure his dad being gone is really hard for Jeremy. My dadtraveled a lot when I was young and I remember it being hard for me andmy brother. He seems like a great kid though. Thepictures of him and Apollo are just wonderful. They alwaysmake me smile. Who couldn't with Jeremy's hugesmile? If you guys need to chat, feel free to e-mail orwhatever. I check my mail from work all the time when thingsare slow. Although, pond season is coming, so things shouldpick up soon. (I hate pond season. It's the onething I can never quite figure out and the stuff I'm told just doesn'tstick in my head. :p)

Jen

Pygmy fan, thank you very much. We arethrilled with his show. Thank you so much and what a really sweet thingto say. Maybe you can get a big baby one day. They are different.

Jen, I'm sorry I didn't mean to tear you up hun. I will mostdefinitely take you up on your offer. Dale popped the question and I ofcourse said yes and since a very important day was coming up we chosethat day. I had two months to plan a wedding. It was crazy but fun andwe pulled it off. Anyone can do it, lol

Tina

How do you get Apollo to stay in the babystroller? I'd love to do something like that with Tiny whenhe gets older (he's only 8 pounds now).

Tinys Mom

I started Apollo early with it. He wasabout 6 months old. I just let him explore it. He walked all around itmarking every square inch. I put him in it and started walking rightaway. He got used to the motion and the motion kept him from jumpingout. He took the time to chin and mark the whole inside too.

Whenever he laid down I would give him a treat. Now it's just acage on wheels. His home away from home. I take Apollo for walks aroundthe yard in ti just to keep him used to it. He loves it now. He is 18pounds and got way to heavy to be carrying everywhere lol.

Tina

HowCute.jpg

Wow! Jeremy's really growing up fast. He's beautiful - both inside and out. Give him a hug for me.

:)

-Carolyn

I am the first to tell someone about thewonderful temperament of Flemish Giants. I am also known to use theterm Gentle Giants more then once. Apollo has shown so manypeople how wonderful these big bunnies are.

Tonight I was reminded in the most special way all the goodApollo does for people and his breed. At Jeremy's practice tonightthere was a little girl named Hailey. Hailey is 18 months old.She is 2months older than Apollo. She runs up to Apollo and starts petting him.Apollo never bats an eye or flinches. He laid still and let her pethim. She was rumpling his fur mooshing his face, playing with his earsand playing with the tail.

Apollo never once moved or tried to pull away. As Hailey wasrubbing his ears Apollo surprised her and me by licking her arm. I letApollo down and he ran after her. She was a bit put off at first butquickly got to loving him again. He put his head under her dress andshe bopped his nose. He never ran flinched nothing. Just looked at herlike what was that for.

How lucky we are to share our homes, our lives and most importantly our hearts with theses amazing friends.

Halley.jpg

Halley2.jpg

HalleyFace.jpg

ComeHere.jpg

Here are some I think are really pretty.

Portrait.jpg

WatchingJer2.jpg

Nose2.jpg

Whiskers.jpg

HowPretty2.jpg

LetsGo.jpg

Haunches.jpg

Relaxing.jpg

I hope you like them as much as I do.

Tina

The pictures of Apollo and his new little friendare great! I bet he weighs more than she does! Looks like she would fitin his stroller better than he does. He's just so big, I can't get overit.

They were they same size almost. It wasso cute watching them. I am so glad I brought the camera, I was goingto leave it at home.

Now if I could get Apollo jumping like Judy on film I would be one happy camper.

What a sweet precious bunny!!!! (But then we knew that, didn't we? ... ;)).

You're a good one, Tina. I don't think that I would have hadthe patience or fortitude to allow a toddler to pet and prod Shermanand I know you can hazard a guess as to how he would havereacted ... :(.

Apollo is soooooo photogenic. His personality shines throughon every photo. What a luv ... what a DOLL! ...

We 'wuv you, Apollo!!!!...

Apollo seems drawn to the little ones. Atthe show I took him out to run before the crowds showed up. Three busesbuses pulled up and scores of preschoolers got off. Apollo took onelook, ran to greet them and turned into a puddle for the kids to loveand pet.

Well, we both know that when one is royalty one does not minglewith mere commoners. It wouldn't be civilized. Stickyhands.droll..*shiver* banish the thought right Sherman.

Apollo loves his Auntie Bunny too. We are looking forward toseeing Sherman in his new digs. Can't wait to see the new throneroom.

139.jpg

Tina & Wollo

Latest posts

Back