Anyone going to the PaRBA show in Feb.?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Chubbs placed middle of his class at all 4 shows. He was just starting to molt. Oh well, he had fun. For some reason, he is a handful on the table and it usually takes 2 people to keep his nosy butt in the coop.

Sharon

Go CHUBBS!!!

We had a harrowing trip down in the ice, but made it safely. The trip home was uneventful... made it into the driveway by a little after 6 pm. (Butas I pulled in,I got a phone call from my sisters friends, she had been rushed to the hospital with what they thought was an appendicitis, but turned out to be a bad gall bladder, and I was at the hospital until after 10 pm... Surgery scheduled this morning.)

But the weekend was awesome. I'm sorry I didn't have the time to meet up as much as I would have liked :(, too many conflicting things scheduled! My 6/8 white buck, Excaliber took Best Opposite Variety-White on Saturday and Anastasia (sister to Roger's Tatyana) took BEST OF VARIETY-WHITE on Sunday. I'm so very happy. I didn't go with as many rabbits as I usually do (due to the loses last October). But what I did bring showed pretty well... got a few firsts (yeah!) and a couple seconds... classes were pretty large (218 Flemish shown!) and I was very happy with the comments for my really young blues.

Congrats Sharon! That is an awesome DUTCH!

pamnock wrote:
There seemed to be a lot of the vomiting going on as well as many other illnesses. Lot of people got taken down Sat.
That explains the overwhelming smell of vomit we noticed in the youth building Saturday afternoon - it was very unpleasant.

But overall, we had a good time. Katie's rabbits didn't do very well. There were like a bazillion N. Dwarfs and I think more than half of them were shown by the same person, who apparently won everything. We didn't stand a chance. When you only have room for 16 rabbits, it's hard to compete with breeders who have barns full. Did buy another one though, a black otterbuck, so we're hoping to breed some better bunnies in the spring. We put him in our double hutch across from the Queen Mum, Kisses, and I think she's already eyeing him up for suitability. He looks like he doesn't know what hit him. He seems really sweet though. Now we just need to come up with a name. Katie wants something, um.. manly. We'll take suggestions!

It was great meeting some of you!
Patty

Had a wonderfull weekend. Met some breeders from NY.My rabbits were in the top 1/2 of their classes. I was pleased. My jr does did great. Pippa placed 2cd under Allan Ormand on Sat. and Wallis placed 3 rd under Anna Dapper Sunday. Am planning on attending next year.

Congrats to Lord Matthew!!!

JesseWins.jpg

Congrats everybody!!

Way to go Anastasia! I'll tell your cranky sister, probably make her crankier.

She tried to bite me today because she didn't want her cage cleaned.

I had a great time. Took several legs. My black otter buck took BOV in all

four shows and my red buck granded. The biggest thrill was taking BOSV

castor with a little 4 month old doe. The castor competition was extremely

tough.

Roger

Wow! Sounds like everyone had a great time and did well with their bunns!

I've still got a bad headache, but had to get this photo posted . . .

Jess_pjs.jpg

Wow! Sounds like everyone had a great time and did well with their bunns!

I've still got a bad headache, but had to get this photo posted . . .

Here's Lord Matthew and Lady Sydney, good friends and partners in crime. Sydney is also the 2007 ARBA Lady.

Pam

Matt_Syd_08_A.jpg

OOH, Pam is the velveteen over 1 year?? It might be Astrex fur if over 1 year! Very valuable if so. The Astrex gene is very rare. It shows in Mini Rex every so often but they are normaly culled because the breeders don't know what they have. Very sad. I researched Astrex a bit. VERY rare.

bunnybunbunb wrote:
OOH, Pam is the velveteen over 1 year?? It might be Astrex fur if over 1 year! Very valuable if so. The Astrex gene is very rare. It shows in Mini Rex every so often but they are normaly culled because the breeders don't know what they have. Very sad. I researched Astrex a bit. VERY rare.

I believe this one is over a year. It was actually born with a normal coat and molted into a wavy coat.

It's going to be used in an Astrex breeding program.

Pam

That is now the Astrex fur works. Has normal fur and molts into the wavy fur. If they are born with wavy fur they arn't going to have proper fur as adults. Or so I read.

Latest posts

Back