Anyone going to the PaRBA show in Feb.?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am bringing my REW flemish doe for sure and I have to decide on the mini-rex.

I have about 24 on my show team right now but I can't afford to enter that many

4 times over the weekend so I will probably take the best 12.

See you at the Waltham show Sharon.

Roger

We definitely won't be staying over Saturday night, so Sunday am doesn't work for us, but I think now we'll go out on Friday. So we could do dinner on Friday or an early dinner on Saturday because we have to head back home.

Maybe if everyone can't agree, we could have two options and whoever can get there...

Seems some of you know each other in real life, but I don't know anyone. How would we get together? Could we set up an RO meeting spot or something?

We can definitely set up a meeting spot. It might be hard as we all have different breeds and may be judging at different times but I do not mind giving my cell phone number to people that are going to be there so we can call each other. I think dinner was usually around 7pm on Saturday night by the time the show was over and all the animals were set for the night. This, of course, was after I went back to the room and changed.

Sharon

We'll bethere! I hope to arrive mid-day Friday. The royalty contests are starting at 6:00pm Friday evening, so Matthew will need to be there and get his rabbits settled in. I'll be judging all day Saturday and Sunday.

We'll be going to the banquet Saturday night - lots of fun and good food!

I'm not sure where I'm staying - where ever PaSRBA is putting the judges up ;)

countrybunnyholly, be sure to check the specialty shows for your breed - some of them are pre-entry.

Pam

Hi!! I'm new here on the forum, but not to rabbits, my son and I will be going to convention, we have rare breeds. We have Silvers, Lilacs and Creme d' Argents, I'm always trying to show them to people and get folks fired up about them, so that they don't go extinct. If you want to look me up and pet a rare bunny ask at the Majestic Mini Rex Club table for the Silver breeder, they know who I am.

My son will be showing Silvers, Cremes, Lilacs, Mini Rex, maybe a Florida White. I'm trying to figure out a rabbit sling of some sort so that he can carry Flemish up to the table, he's only 8, and most of the other breeds will fit in a basket. For folks who aren't familiar with rabbit shows, Youth exhibiters have to bring their own rabbits up to the table, another youth can help them but not an adult. Its been a real roadblock for us with the Flemish, little guy, big rabbit.

Convention is great, sometimes a bit overwhelming, only planning to show on saturday, 2 days would be too much for my son. Luckily I only live 2 hours away. Hope the weather is good so that everyone has a safe drive in.

Good Luck at the show! I'll be around the Flemish table too. Best of luck to your son! (What color does he have?)

We're getting prepared!

Matthew went out and looked over his Dwarf Hotots today and we emailed his entries in. He'll probably also show a couple Hares. I'm not showing anything.

Hebought his suit last night to wear to the banquet and youth dance on Saturday;)

We plan on departing for the show early Friday morning.

I'll be busy judging both days, but if anyone has a chance, stop by and say "Hi!"

Pam

I am leaving Friday afternoon so I can get there and help set up the Jersey Wooly specialty table. Have to go through the ones that are "maybe's" and decide which ones I am taking. $4.00 is expensive when you add up the specialty shows too.

Sharon

Can't WAIT to go! We are leaving mid-morning. Hope to get down there in daylight... LOL! Last year we got all loaded, 3 people and 28 rabbits at 10 a.m..... got 4 miles down the Expressway and blew a sensor on the trucks Transmission... truck wouldn't go over 30 mph!.... limped back to my mechanic... limped even slower over to the tranny shop. Sat for 6 hours in the tranny shop, our poor bunnies up on the truck lift! Guys were climbing the side of the lift to see the bunnies and check them for us! We were supposed to bein Lebanonaround 3:00 pm., Got down there at 10:45 p.m. I'm hoping for an easier (less expensive) trip this year!

I can't wait either. I am carpooling down with a friend to save on gas. We are

leaving mid morning to get there around 5 pm. Does anyone know if you can

get in the building earlier than the posted 6pm?

I still haven't picked who is going LOL. I know for sure of 5 but I will make my

final decisions tomorrow.

Roger

I am so going. I'm boarded at teh Days Inn. Look for my long bright red hair and....kitty jammies? I may wear them on Sunday. So if you see a red head in pink kitty cat onsies.... come gimme a dollar for my effort at least....

*sob*

-JAK

PS- I'm so up for dinner with the RO peoples. We should start a scrapbook of members meeting other members. And make ID cards like we're official.

Dinner sounds yummy.

Roger - I am positive you will be able to get into the building earlier as they are setting up the place. I am sure they would let you in if you offered to help or something. (Or don't tell them and just sneak in). I should be arriving late as my mother doesn't get off work till 2:30pm. Also, I will be packing all morning because I will have my niece all week. My brother and sister-in-law are having a baby on Tuesday and I get Alyssa. She is 3 and she LOVES bunnies....I am getting nothing done all week.

Sharon

I know how it is when you have a young helper. My grandaugher was here

yesterday when I was cleaning cages and wanted to help. It took me twice

as long LOL.

Are you cooping your rabbits? If not is someone saving you a spot on the

tables? I could spread out to save you a spot if you need me too.

Good luck to your sister!

Roger

Awww... Aunt Sharon! (You are so good to help out.) Best wishes to your sister this week! A new BABY!

Dinner sounds lovely! When? Where? (I don't have to wear bunny PJ's, do I?)

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
I am so going. I'm boarded at teh Days Inn. Look for my long bright red hair and....kitty jammies? I may wear them on Sunday. So if you see a red head in pink kitty cat onsies.... come gimme a dollar for my effort at least....

*sob*

-JAK

I plan on holding you to this. I'll have a dollar sitting on the show table. :laugh:

Pam

I plan on holding you to this. I'll have a dollar sitting on the show table. :laugh:---

I need to get a picture of you two!!!!

Thanks Roger and Cathy. They are having a little boy so I will have a nephew too! I bought Alyssa a shirt that says, "I traded my brother for a lollipop". They will love it.

I will wear my bunny pajama pants if it isn't too cold. I am a wimp. Hate the cold.

Sharon

Sharon - you only get 50 cents for just bottoms. Don't expect a whole dollar :biggrin2:

Pam

Latest posts

Back