Anyone going to the PaRBA show in Feb.?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Show starts tomorrow at 9 AM! Packing up and getting ready to go! Weather report for today is less than stellar through Pennsylvania. Ice, rain, snow, thunder and lightening!!! ... Please drive carefully everyone!

Wishing everyone a great weekend... (I'll get pictures:camera of JAK in her Jammies!) See ya'all there!

We're off to a bad start. We've got an ice storm this morning. We left an hour ago and are back home due to car problems.

Switching cars with my daughter and hope to be on the road soon.

Pam

Yeah its sleety rainy out here now but its stupposed to stay well above freezing today, and my mum is driving. Last year the roads were worse than this on our way out. And we got lost int he dark on some back freaking country roads for like an hour.

But this year we're gonna be ok....

-JAK

omg everything outside is covered in ice. I left a carrier outside last night and now the tray and bedding is frozen to it and I've been on my porch dumping hot water on it for the last 10 minutes. I wouldn't bot hr if I didn't needthe roooom.

I'll be up there hopefully around 7ish. Take care.

-JAK

I'm saying a prayer that everyone gets there safely. It is supposed to warm up, but until then.... We hope to leave here by 4:00 and should be checking in around 7:00 or so. Can't wait! See you there!

:bunny18

Patty and Katie

Horrible trip - 10 hours later - just made it to the hotel. Gotta go check in!

Might have time to get on the pc here at the hotel later.

Pam

So glad you made it there safely, nasty nasty nasty weather. Anyone esle getting ready to leave or leaving in the morning please be careful, leave your self lots of time and go slow, hopefully most of the ice will be gone by morning. I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can start loading the truck, and for a friend of mine to call, she's show secretary for one of the specialty shows and had to head out tonight. I hope she's doing alright, normally its only a 2 hour drive normally but I figure its going to take her twice that. I'll be really happy when she calls, and when this infernal rain stops. Funny, tomorrow is supposed to be terrific, in the 40's and sunny.

I'll be leaving tomorrow night to make it to the Sunday show, since I can't make Saturday. This will only be my second show, so I'm pretty nervous about it, in an excited way. From what I've heard, it's going to be overwhelming.

Would 7:00 be a good time to get there in the morning, or could I maybe stretch it to 8:00? I'd much rather get up at 5:00 than 4:00 AM. :p

Rain and sleet most of the way here!

My rabbits are all tucked in for the night and eating their dinner.

Revverress I would not wait until 8 to get here. It will be very crowded and

just checking in to register your animals will take a long time.

Roger

I'm home! And Erron and Sheril and brother want me to go eat with them so I have to cart my arse around town for another house before I can rest but I will make a post about my trip upon my return if i'm not dead.

-JAK

I spent most of today sleeping, we got home around 9 last night. It was crazy, I hardly had anytime to look around and socialize, I was so busy keeping track of my son's classes, and still missed BEW MR. We did better with the MR than I thought we would, our broken otter sr doe was 8 out of 23, and our otter sr doe was first out of 6, so we'll get a leg on her. I was really pleased with the placing of the broken otter, broken is a tough class. Our Sr FG buck was best light gray I think, and of course we had the only pair of Cremes and Silvers there showing in Youth. Judge had some really nice things to say about our FW jr buck, said he's going to be very nice when he matures, but wasn't going to to beat the sr buck this time. All the rabbits we showed but 2 are bred bys, so on the whole it was really great, Boy had fun, was occasionally bored but was pretty good. My feet still hurt, I never got the time to look at any of the raffles and buy tickets, or really look at any of the merchants. I know I didn't get to talk to everyone I wanted to, and I regret not buying the brown Silver buck I saw for sale. Next year we show less rabbits, convention is so overwhelming, and loud!!! I couldn't believe how well my son did, he's sound sensitive and overstims in crowds, but he was great!!!

I am one cranky mofo.

I didn't sleep hardly at all the whole weekend. And then spent over 12 hours at the show both days. my friend Mandi and her mother were going also but they waited too logn to book their hotel and I felt bad so I said ''fine you can stay in our hotel roo mwith us'' . *sob*

I slept in one bed with my mum and Mandi slept inthe other bed with her mum, Ruth.
OMFG!!!! Ruth snores like a freaking bear taking a dump. It wa so loud and obnoxious and constant the entire night that sleeping was absolutely impossible. It got so bad that at one point I just got out of bed so violently I woke my mother and I grabbed a pillow and walked over to her bed and just started beating her butt with this pillow over and over and she wouldn't wake up! So I turned on the lights and had mum make a video with my camera of Ruth snoring liek she's choking on a gopher and my whacking her with a pillow like i'm poundin' railroad ties.
"Swinnng lowwwww....sweet chaaaaaaariottttttt...."

Oh and also my mum snores. And she falls asleep within 2 seconds so when I woke her up, she'd stop and be like ''wtf are you punching me for?''
"BECAUSE IF I CANT SLEEP NO ONE WILL!!!!"
And within her next breath she was out again and snoring.

Mandi wasn't so bad, she doesn't really snore. She like exhales through closed lips and makes a sound like *inhale* Puuffffttttttttttt........
It usually doesn't bother me but in harmony with Yogi and Booboo over there I couldn't take it anymore. If Iwasn't so cheap I would have g one dow nto the desk and requested another room. I was also freezing and our moms are all old ad junk so the y're hot all the time.

So this went on for two nights straight and I made 2 videos of the incident jsut to prove to them that they ARE snoring and they ARE obnoxious and YES i'm displeased.

Then I was layingt here awake and I hear Mandi sit straight up in bed and a splash and then I hear ''"Oh F***...."
"What?"
"I just threw up everywhere!!"
"huh?"
"Its on my pillow! I projectile vomited all over my stuff!!!"

And she ran into the bathroom and threw up some more. Our hotel room smelled....odd. And there were chunks of tomato and various bits ofthe taco bell menu all over the room. Ruth woke up and started cleaning off the bed and pillow and headboard and Mandi's luggage. And she felt fine afterwards, like not even sick. I went down to the front desk in my pajamas at 1AM to get more pillowsm towels, and bedsheets. Then eeryone went to sleep. And snored. And by snored I mean made some weird alien-like noises similar to that of the Predator eating someone's spine.

But I had the best rabbit show of my life.

My Steel took BOV both days and BOSB the first day. I also got BOV chocolate the second day and a multitude of firsts and seconds in soem large competitive classes. I had these really sexy juniors I was all excited about and I let some hotshot Dutch breeders take a look at them and they were very impressed. And I was all excited about showing my new juniors. And then they placed like...all dumb in all 4 shows and my senior rabbits I've been showing all last year that were doing ''ok'' at best were just kicking bunny tail.

I also brought one French Lop to show. She pulled her teeth out of alignment when she was liek 10 weeks old and I didn't notice until they started growing out of her mouth. I've been trimming them and repositioning them bck into shape every since then and only about a week ago did I finalyl het them back into place. She's now 7 months old. She took first both days and BOV the second day. IT was close for BOB too. I was all proud and junk.

So all in all Ithink i'll be taking home 4 legs....which seems kind of mediocre to some but it's a new record for me. Shattering the old one of 3 I got at 2005 convention, and i've never gotten more than 2 at one show since then. Which happened like once. So for someoen who hardly wins anything big, I was kind of pleased with myself.

I did infact wear my kitty jammies on Sunday as promised. Pam gave me a dollar and I bought enough Reese's cups to upset my stomach and probably put me into a diabetic coma.

The weather was grand for the way home and Mand iand Ruth followed us til we got ont eh turnpike, then they went speeding past us. So I pulled down my jeans and stuck my butt up against the window and we drove past them int he fast lane honking like rabid geese.

Next thing I know their van goes flying past us again and Mandi's Oobies are pressed against eh glass.

So I took my mom's moon pie and smooshed it over the glass and we drove past as I mooned them again.

Then next time she passed us and was holding one of her bunny's butts tot he window.

Then we passed and just made rude gestures.

And we can see MAndi in the rearview mirror gettin' all ready y'know and pulling down her jeans....

So I took out my camera and as her butt went flying past my window, I took a video. Of course she doesn't know and probably won't until I upload it to youtube and send her to link of her pretty red thong on the PA Turnpike.

We also made a video of my mooning Mandi's Van. Its discreet, so with enough requests I'll post it.

It was a good show, But now I really would like to just ....sleep....in quietness...an warm.

Yep - I got the kitty pj photo and Jess got $1.01 (I had a penny in my pocket LOL)

There seemed to be a lot of the vomiting going on as well as many other illnesses. Lot of people got taken down Sat. night with the flu. I had a bad headache and felt sick all day Sunday.

Was thrilled that I got to see a lot of RO folks at the show (even though I was stuck in the wool room most of Sunday).

Matthew was the only competitor for Lord - but he did win his age group in judging and 2nd in breed ID. Lord Matthew rules again for the 3rd year in a row LOL He had a blast and enjoyed the youth dance until the Saturday night sickness also took him out of the fun.

Big news of the convention was that the show supers wife - ARBA Judge Ruth Ann Bell - gave birth to a baby boy on Saturday. Ruth Ann was supposed to be judging - but I guess the baby couldn't wait.

Got a photo of a red Lionhead, and will also show the photo of Jess when I have time. (Busy week ahead and still battling this headache).

Hope everyone made it home ok - it was great seeing everyone (even if they didn't wear their Burger King hats).

Had fun - but so good to be home!

Pam

I had a blast both days. This has always been one of my favorite shows. I did get to witness Jesse in her kitty onsies and it really was cute! Sorry Jesse.

Did great both days. I didn't think that I would do that well as both my breeds had about 80 or more rabbits in them. The first day, I won Best Blue Dutch and she went on to win Best of Breed. I nearly fainted. One of my Jersey Woolies, a little white one, took 1st in a class of 17 and went on to win Best Self but was stopped short of Best of Breed by my friends BEAUTIFUL Tan Pattern Doe. Oh well, it was a great day.

Did good the second day too. Took Best Blue Dutch with the same doe but that was all. I was so thrilled. It is awesome to see the same rabbits win under different judges. My white wooly doe also did well and won 1st of 12. Great weekend. Won a bunch of legs and lots of firsts. I sold 2 rabbits and came back with a cute little broken chestnut wooly doe.

I wanted to meet everyone but I didn't stop running around all weekend. In fact, the dutch and the woolies were up at the same time in different rooms so my mother had to show my woolies for me (she is nota rabbit person). I had to keep running back and forth to make sure that she was putting the right rabbit up in the right class. At one point, I was running by the table and said to myself, "Who is the idiot that put a Tan Pattern doe in the Shaded doe class?" Then, I realized that the "idiot" was my mother and that was my doe....I laughed and whisked her off the table. My mother was funny as she thought the doe looked like the rest of them. Oh well...I will have to teach her.

Sharon

Sharon I am so happy for you. I love your rabbits as you know. Did Chubbs go?

ETA: Chubbs is one of her wollies. I adore this guy. If she was ever to retire him I would be so intrested. I LOVE HIM!

Chubbs placed middle of his class at all 4 shows. He was just starting to molt. Oh well, he had fun. For some reason, he is a handful on the table and it usually takes 2 people to keep his nosy butt in the coop.

Sharon

Latest posts

Back