Amy's cats, rabbits, etc!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jagxn8.jpg

That's the six of us that have hockey tickets... also the six of us that are living together next year.

Thank you so much for the link! I am definitely getting the brown bunny hat and maybe the mouse hat, when I have the spare money (when I get a groom job) :biggrin2:. I did have a bunny hat that my MIL made for me up until a few weeks ago, but my kitten has a fabric obsession and chewed one of the bunnies off :grumpy:.

They're great, not only adorable, but sooo warm. And they have ear flaps, which I find are essential on a hat.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! I've been reading your blog too. I LOVE your bunny room. That couch is perfect and the little throw rugs are so cute. The new double cage is perfect for your buns.

I grew up in Rochester, NY but have been living in Sacramento since 2003. I went home for Christmas this year and it was the first time I couldn't actually imagine myself moving back. We did just buy a house here though, so I think I see my future here, if that makes sense.

You are crazy woman.
I love AZ, I have never seen snow and don't want to.
If it gets below 75 degrees, its cold.
I like it hot hot hot! lol!

Although I can't ship/get reptiles when its above 90, which sucks because i end up missing a lot of great deals ,and I also freak out about the chinchillas who can die in anything over 78.

silvermoon wrote:
Just wanted to stop by and say hi! I've been reading your blog too. I LOVE your bunny room. That couch is perfect and the little throw rugs are so cute. The new double cage is perfect for your buns.

I grew up in Rochester, NY but have been living in Sacramento since 2003. I went home for Christmas this year and it was the first time I couldn't actually imagine myself moving back. We did just buy a house here though, so I think I see my future here, if that makes sense.
Thank you :biggrin2:! I found those throw rugs at Walmart and Sam's Club. They were pretty cheap, too. Once I saw the butterflies...I knew I had to have them ;).

I think if I lived in a bigger city in AZ, then I'd like it....but Prescott is tiny and it takes 2.5 hours to get to anywhere that has more shopping & things going on. Of course, I don't think I could ever live the the insane heat down in Phoenix. This place has never felt like home to me. I just love the east coast :).

I feel like sharing some random pictures :biggrin2:!

Miss Molly-Sophia...
4377181149_9c1b459855.jpg

4377182935_0ed4443032.jpg

4377184479_9056a4d899.jpg

Brody was really trying to get Molly to groom him in the picture below. Look at those little lips all puckered up!
4377936268_4ce87408a7.jpg

4377975610_140daba40b.jpg

4377227213_82068a2e0a.jpg

4377228995_414be86713.jpg

4377980656_4e1782663b.jpg

Ratties!!!
4270727432_2bc0631eed.jpg

4262454177_6324b5b5c8.jpg

3973658696_3302d52605.jpg

3972930681_14d2716f34.jpg

Quil baby!
4377280171_54a0750bf0.jpg

4377281595_1a8ff91f8e.jpg

---------------------

I need to take more pictures of all of the pets this week! My last day of work is this coming Wednesday...so I will have that night through Sunday to take pictures before I start grooming school on Monday :shock:! I am soooo nervous, but I am trying to set that aside. It is really hard to not be nervous...I have major panic and anxiety issues.

Here is a picture of my grooming supplies. All I need is a #10 blade, a book called "Notes from the Grooming Table", and my smock. I will be ordering all of those on Tuesday and they should be here by Thursday at the latest ;).

4377325931_9c828164d8.jpg

A lady on the petgroomer.com forums gave me the clippers, some really good Laube snap-on combs, 2 slicker brushes, a finishing comb, and a bunch of different blades for the clippers. So I basically have a ton of blades! The blades that she gave me are used and some are the tiniest bit rusted...but I bet they still will work or she wouldn't have sent them.

Believe it or not that whole lot of stuff cost me about $700 and I still have to order the rest of the stuff on Tuesday which will cost me another $100 :shock:. So I spent $800 on supplies and because that lady sent me free clippers, she saved me $150. School is costing me $3500 tuition - so in the end I will have spent $4300 starting up with the supplies and training. I know I will want to buy different tools once I get hired onto a grooming job....there is just soooo much stuff out there that I see excellent reviews for, but some of it was too pricey for me to purchase right away - I've seen slicker brushes priced at $50+ and groomers recommend you buy 2 different types in both sizes! I'll also probably want to experiment with shears...some of which cost $500+, LOL!

Someone recommended that I get a Poodle or a Cockapoo as a 2nd dog. They said that I'd want one for if I want to compete (which I'd eventually like to) and so that I can have my own dog to practice on. I wanted a Cocker Spaniel, but I keep hearing from people that Cockers aren't good dogs (bad temperments, health issues, etc). I'm not sure I like the idea of owning a Poodle, but I could see myself with a Cockapoo. They are just pretty darn expensive from breeders! I don't know how easy it would be to get a Cockapoo from a rescue around here....and plus I'd want a puppy, so I can get him/her used to grooming at a young age and also have him/her be used to kitties and bunnies (since Morgan free ranges).

Great photos. Molly is so cute.

Spaniels are bad dogs. The AKC #1 dog most likley to bite you (Wait..I think I told you this). They are best for non active seniors, honestly. I am really big on doing breed research, so it depends. Poodles are not only expensive, but they have a bad smell (Despite grooming) and really do tend to be independent dogs. But I have a grudge against poodles.

What about a labordoodle? They are cute and you could groom them. Or a Pomeranian. They are really tough to keep show quality, but that would be great for experiance. A Komodor would be interesting!!! lol!

Myia09 wrote:
Great photos. Molly is so cute.

Spaniels are bad dogs. The AKC #1 dog most likley to bite you (Wait..I think I told you this). They are best for non active seniors, honestly. I am really big on doing breed research, so it depends. Poodles are not only expensive, but they have a bad smell (Despite grooming) and really do tend to be independent dogs. But I have a grudge against poodles.

What about a labordoodle? They are cute and you could groom them. Or a Pomeranian. They are really tough to keep show quality, but that would be great for experiance. A Komodor would be interesting!!! lol!
Thank you :biggrin2:!...I think Molls is quite cute, too. She has that "Bambi" look to her.

I don't really like to judge dogs as a whole. I'd rather get to know an individual dog. Its kind of like people classing all Pit Bulls as "vicious".

Eh....I doubt all Poodles smell, LOL! I know they are expensive....I have been looking for a breeder in AZ/CA. I'm just having a hard time figiuring out who looks reputable and who doesn't. Maybe I will ask the lady on my rat forum who is a 29 year experienced groomer and the owner of 7 Mini Poodles who she would recommend to go to for a breeder bred Poodle.

I am not interested in Labradooles. I'd rather have a Cockapoo if I was going with a Poodle Mix. I just don't like the idea of paying someone hundreds of dollars for a mixed breed dog :(.

No Poms, either. I was told to get a Poodle or a Poodle mix because I want to look for the fur type.

Hey. Your pets are very cute btw.

But, Have you thought about a yorkipoo. They're supposed to be pretty good dogs. I have a friend who has one and she's yaps a lot but otherwise a very good dog.

I had a Cocker Spaniel she was a well-tempered dog. She was very happy and didn't bite anyone. Someone actually ended up stealing her she was so nice.

haleyxoxo wrote:
Hey. Your pets are very cute btw.

But, Have you thought about a yorkipoo. They're supposed to be pretty good dogs. I have a friend who has one and she's yaps a lot but otherwise a very good dog.

I had a Cocker Spaniel she was a well-tempered dog. She was very happy and didn't bite anyone. Someone actually ended up stealing her she was so nice.
Thank you :biggrin2:!

No YorkiPoos :p...I think they are uglier then Poodles (no offense). I REALLY don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a mutt "designer dog". I'd rather get to love Poodles and spend the money on one of them. Time will tell - I won't be ready for another dog for a while.

See....every Cocker (I have met like 3 in the past few years) that I have met has been nice and sweet. I don't get where people say they have bad temperaments. For now, Cockers are still on my list. I will judge them while I groom them - I think that will be the best judge of what breed I will get.

My family had a cocker spaniel. She just passed away last summer, actually. She was a VERY sweet dog.

She did have a lot of health problems, which eventually led to use having to have her put to sleep, but she was an old lady anyways by the time her health really started to deteriorate. She was also a puppy mill rescue, and as you know those dogs usually have horrible genetics. If you got one from a responsible breeder, that does all the appropriate health checks, I'm sure you'd have better luck then we did on the health aspect.

I have a friend that has two cockers as well, and they are both absolute joys. Very very sweet dogs. I have another friend who has a mini poodle. He's friendly, amazing with her 2 year old daughter, doesn't smell bad at all (they take excellent care of him though and he's always well groomed and stuff), but is a bit on the independent side as dogs go.

I just think that soooooooo much about how a dog behaves is dependent on the individual dog, and also on how it's raised. If you socialize them well when they are puppies, and train them, then chances are you're going to end up with a friendly, well behaved adult.

I can see why you'd keep cockers on your list if you want a dog you can practice grooming on. I use to groom ours when I was visiting home from college.

I'm jealous of your grooming supplies! I have a pretty nice collection myself, although not nearly as much stuff as you have. I've always groomed my own pets, as well as family members pets - it's fun for me and really rewarding to see what a difference a good grooming can make.

Very cute pictures!! Your pets are adorable. I had someone the other day ask if I wanted a baby rex rat, but I turned her down. Rats seem like awesome pets, but they just don't have a long enough life span for me.

Ha sorry for writing so much in your blog! Good luck with grooming school. :)

Chelle *** I am very sorry about the loss of your Cocker :(.

I'm jealous of my own grooming suppies :p - I can't believe I own them! A happy day will be the day I get to learn how to use them all :D.

I have to agree with you about the short life spans that rats carry :(. Just today I went to PetSmart to see if the Humane Society location inside of there had any bunnies that needed attention...instead they had 2 adorable 5 month old black berkshire (white bellies) males up for adoption. The tag said $5 each or both with the cage for $15. They were soooo licky and friendly. I was very upset leaving them there because the HS is allowing them to be adopted out in a TINY 12"x12" bird cage.

--------

Well, just a little while ago I tried a "date" with Molly and Brody. Ehhhh....I learned that they are NOT good for each other! All Brody wanted to do was hump her pretty much the instant they were put together.

I'm going to try Molly with Marlin tomorrow. If they don't do well, then I am going to try to go full force bonding with Morgan and Molly. Sometimes I get busy or I am tired and don't work with them every day....well, I need to start doing that if I want to try for a sucessful bond.

Molly and Marlin had their second bonding date tonight. I think it went pretty well, but they fought more then last night. I'll definitely try again tomorrow and hope to try every day for an entire week to see if we get any progress through the week. I start grooming school on Monday, so hopefully I'm not too tired, but Alicia told me even if I can put them together for 1 minute it is better then nothing :).

4388458727_55e986799e.jpg

4389233110_3abd6d6ca5.jpg

4388470051_5b501101bf.jpg

-----------------------

Today I moved the ratties back into their Critter Nation cage. We did have a double CN (162), but I took the addition part off of the top and now it is just a 1 level (162). I wanted to put them into Marlin's old SP Giant cage, so that I could set it on top of Marlin and Brody's new NIC cages and put a couch into the bunny room. Well, the rat boys didn't like the SP Giant cage and since there is already the couch in the bunny room - the boys get to live in the living room now. Ryan didn't seem too happy about it, but he never even noticed the big cage until I pointed it out to him....he was even looking in their direction and kept walking right past them :laughsmiley:.

Here is the addition all taken apart in the AZ room. I might just sell it to someone who really needs is because they currently don't make a CN addition, so those who have a 1 level can't make a 2 level. AND...since it is sitting there, I kind of have the need to fill it - so if its gone, then I can't fill it. I know better right now, though....but the urge is still there :foreheadsmack:.

4388320768_02eb2cca96.jpg

4388668616_b95aabe8de.jpg

Tucker is my :hearts rat...which is probably why you will see so many pictures of him - and the fact that he is super photogenic!

4388665956_2fa9a55830.jpg

4387904807_60f23d3ef2.jpg

-----------------------

The ladies at work threw me a little "farewell" party yesterday (Wednesday), since I start grooming school on Monday (gosh, I am terrified already!). They got me this adorable Shih Tzu cake!

4389217788_50d383f6b5.jpg

4389218690_cbcbd0d03e.jpg

Latest posts

Back