Amy's cats, rabbits, etc!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I looked at every thrift store in town yesterday for a comfy over-sized plush chair for in my bunny room and couldn't find one. I completely forgot MIL left her love seat here when she moved to WI in December. Ryan had just been using it out in the AZ room for when he had his xbox out there...well the roof leaked, so now his computer and xbox are inside the house. The couch had pretty much just became a "kitty couch". I thought it would be too large for the space in the bunny room, but it actually works out okay...we just moved it in here. The loveseat is comfy (its a lay-z-boy) even though it is probably 10 years old. It works for now, until I can afford a $300 microsuede couch from The Room Store in a purple or pastel green, LOL!!

4366929714_7d206a73bd.jpg

4366931338_c6aa1b3670.jpg

4366186263_16da48fe77.jpg

The bunnies still have plenty of room to run around and play. I even have the door open so they can go out into the hall way, but they never want to.

Now all I need is to get my artwork put up in there, get a new little cabinet for the food/treats, and get some really cute pillows for the couch...then its all set for now! Our plan is to put in hardwood floors this summer, too.

Oh....the thing that will really make the room awesome will be when Molly and Morgan bond, then she can free range with him and her cage will free up a ton of space!!

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

Hot off my camera Amy. I love my baby girl. Snapped these last night. Right before I got bunny kisses. We just love our big girl.

Larry and Nancy and the entire bunny crew. :happyrabbit:

Awww!!!! She looks great, Nancy! No wonder she seems to eat a lot of hay, she has a tiny hay rack hahaha!

Yet again, I am soooo happy you love her :biggrin2:!

I love your bunny room! My bunnies would be jealous, their room is small compared to yours. I think the couch looks good in there. I like the butterfly rugs!

Hi Amy
Just a good morning note to you. Our Lilli is such a cutie. She has discovered that she likes her treats. Larry had to take a pair of pliers and anchor down her hay rack so she could no longer fold it up. We must fill her hay rack at least 4 or 5 times a day. I think this is great becuase the hay is so good for her. She is doing fine on the rabbit chow we feed her, and she loves her morning and evening vegetables. She has found that she likes the rabbit room boxes, bins, and newpaper trays. So many places to chin, re-arrange, and explore. I cannot tell you how much of a delight she is. She is totally into the routine of the rabbit room, and is used to cleaning day when Larry has to run shop vac to clean the room. I sent off pics to friends, and my students at school sayshe is so cute. I loaded pics of her onto my facebook page, and she is a hit.
Big sister Serena is not so sure about Lilli yet, Serena is a real Alpha, so there is no way I would put those to together, but Lilli is doing fine in her hutch.
We just love and adore our new addition.

Hugs and bunny kisses

Larry and Nancy:pinkelepht::mrsthumper:

Nancy *** Lilli really does LOVE newspaper. She went through a ton of newspaper while here - I think that is her favorite "toy". She really likes when you take a TP tube & stuff one end with newspaper, then fill with some treats, then stuff the other end off with newspaper - she will work at getting the newspaper out for those treats!

I am pretty sure she was housed with kids before going to the Humane Society because she really doesn't mind loud noises and being pet a ton. She also didn't mind being held, but then she started to realize that if she didn't NEED to be held, then she wasn't going to stand for it, LOL! I run a shop vac almost daily here and she never flinched at the sound.

Give the big girl a kissy for me :hearts:.

Grace *** Thank you for the compliments on my bunny room :D! I do like the couch in there - it allows me to sit with my laptop and watch the bunnies as they come out for playtimes.

----------

On a side note, I think Mr. Brody Bunnins' has fallen in love with Molly. Whenever she is out playing he sticks his nose as far out of the NIC cage as possible in hopes she will groom him. She really seems to like to flaunt herself in front of him, too. I had the tiniest bit of the idea to try bonding them, but the whole reason WHY Molly is here is to be bonded with Morgan - so, I can't give up on them yet because I didn't really even fully dive deep into their bonding yet.

I kind of feel bad now for Marlin and Brody, though...since they do not have bond mates. Marlin will be 3 on April 1st and Brody will be 3 on August 16th....kind of around the age where Morgan wanted a wifebun. I wonder if getting Marlin a wifey would help him to not be so "flighty" all of the time. BUT....I don't want to think about that until Molly and Morgan bond. I can't be bonding 3 sets of bunnies at the same time. I also really do not want 6 rabbits!!!

I guess when I am making more money being a pet groomer, then I'd be able to comfortable afford 6...but Ryan and I want to move to the east coast in *hopefully* 3 years when his mom moves back into her house (the house we are in now)....so moving 6 bunnies, 3 cats, and probably 2 dogs (we might get another in 3 years time, who knows) across country would be a major pain.

I'm going to be buying a newer car this summer and one of the things I will be looking at is space! When we do move to the east coast then I'm sure I'd have the same car...so I want to be sure I can fit everyone in there.

Gosh...I can see it now: 4 huge carriers..1 holding kitties, then the other 3 holding two sets of bunnies each. Then 2 small dogs and myself looking like this.....

:pullhair:

Awww Brody sounds sooooo cute lol.
Yeah, I wanted 6 bunnies. I know I can afford it, but now I am thankful. I think even now 4 is too much..but I think rabbits should be in pairs too :(
Its too bad Chewy hates Sheriff lol.

Yeah, that sounds like a ridicolous move. I can't imagine. Where in the east coast?

Yeah....6 will be a lot, but it won't be bad at all if I had 3 bonded pairs.

You should try Chew and Sheriff once they are both spayed/neutered. You really can't tell if they will be bond mates unless they are both altered, since then their hormones will go away.

As for moving, we aren't sure where we want to move exactly. I'd like to be in the New England area. Maybe not back in New York...but more like Penn. or CT.

undergunfire wrote:
As for moving, we aren't sure where we want to move exactly. I'd like to be in the New England area. Maybe not back in New York...but more like Penn. or CT.
I'm planning to move back to somewhere warm when I'm done here, but...
Ithaca is gorges! And I believe there are big bunny shows in Cortland & Syracuse.

2qv8llx.jpg

That is a gorgeous picture, Christina! It looks like a little river in the woods that we had a mile or so into our wooded area back in NY :D. I sure do miss the snow, grass, leaves, trees, cows, friendly people, etc!!

I have tons of pictures of snow, grass, leaves, trees, cows and friendly people, lol.

This is what that part of the gorge looked like back in September...
2ypdwfm.jpg

I have this super awesome koala hat...
10hsgmq.jpg

and recently got "animal hats" for a bunch of my friends and a lion hat for me so now we've got a panda, polar bear, black bear, raccoon, cow, owl and penguin running around campus.
Never have I gotten so many compliments from strangers.

Sorry for hijacking your blog...

Love how you did your bunny room! It's so colorful. Now you have me thinking how I can brighten up Baci's home.

Enjoy your warm weather out there before you head east. We've been having alot of snow this winter. Hope you still have all your winter gear!

YAAAAY!! - green stuff :inlove:! I told Ryan that when we do move back to the east coast and buy a house, I want one in the country and I want a house with a TON of huge windows that look out into the greenery, hehe.

I LOVE your hat! You and all of your friends should get together for a picture with all of your hats on :p.

hln917 wrote:
Love how you did your bunny room! It's so colorful. Now you have me thinking how I can brighten up Baci's home.

Enjoy your warm weather out there before you head east. We've been having alot of snow this winter. Hope you still have all your winter gear!

Thank you :biggrin2:! I really love a bright animal room...it just makes it so inviting. I am not girly by any means, but for some reason I love a bright colored girly animal room. The only female out of 8 that lives in that room is Molly, hehe. I have the 3 boy buns and 4 boy ratties in there.

Bleh! I hate the heat out here - I can't stand being hot. I know that back east it is humid, but I will defintiely get used to that again. I'd take a freezing winter for all of the green, seasons, friendly people, AND the fact that there is so much more going on over on the east coast!

Latest posts

Back