A Gift for Sebastian's Little Girl With Love from her Forum Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys!

I hope this is ok but I e-mailed the Ellen Degeneres show with thisstory. She is an avid animal lover and is always looking forgreat animal stories. Although this is more about SLG and herbeloved forum family, I am just sure Ellen would like thecause. She recently did a show on Jacuzzi's and how they arenot whirlpools or hot tubs and I thought it would tie innicely. I asked them to come visit the forum and assured themthat they would fall in love with SLG and Sebby too! Maybeno-one will visit or maybe Ellen herself will. You never knowunless you ask!

SLG-you are truly amazing and you have no idea just how much happiness you bring to people you have never met!

Raspberry-You are an incredible mother!

Forum Members-You rock!

Take care and I am praying for something wonderful to happen...

elle

:cool:Cool!

I think I need to read more about thejacuzzi thing. That's what the man at the spa store was sayingtoo...

Raspberry

This is the best!!! Ellen is sosensitive to situations such as SLG's and from what she says on hershow, she reads all her emails and letters. Thoughtabout doing this myself but am notas up to snuff with mycomputer literate skills as I'd like to be. So glad you tookthe initiative and sent this to Ellen.

Come on Buck!!! Get the message to Ellen!!!

I did the same thing, Elle, about 2 weeks ago.The Missus called me and asked me to be sure to do that. Hopefully withtwo of us sending the word along, they'll help. :pray:

I saw that show on Jacuzzi. :laugh: That was so funny how they got madat her with saying it in the one show and the next one, she made it theWord of the Day.

After talking to SLG the past two times, both times she said, "I reallycan't wait to get my hot tub. My joints are really hurting me a lotnow." As I've said before, when that child admits to pain, it's bad.She's got a very high tolerance level of pain, but now it's getting toher.

Now, if we could get Extreme Makeover interested... :ponder:

-Carolyn

You guys are soooo funny!

SLG just watched Extreme Makeover theother night and said "maybe they will come here!" I laughedat her and told her there are a lot of people thatdeservestheir help more than we do. If she wants a house like that she willhave to wait until she turns 18 and can buy a lottery ticket!:p

Raspberry

I thought I'dupdate you on the happenings... The editor of our paper came out onFriday and took photos and spent some time with us. He was surprised tofind out that the forum had nothing to do with Arthritis! He didn'tunderstand that it was only a bunny forum! :) Hethought it was very cool that SLG's bunny friends came together to getthis startedfor her. She sat down at the computer and showedhim how she gets on to her Home Thread, Prayers for SLG and this one.She showed him photos of her andSebastian... ...Ithink he was almost convincedwe were normal until then.

The reporter is going to come out this week and do the article.

The spa store found two leaks in the hot tub and is waiting on theservice department to get me an estimate of the cost of repairs. I'lllet you know when we know more. SLG is sooooexcited!

Raspberry

Mommy says, hopefully a new will come your wayas soon as that article hits. That would really be cause for SLG to beexcited :elephant:

That's wonderful, Razz. Did he see the picture of Sebastian's hair cut?? No wonder he doesn't think you are 'normal'. :p

Hopefully, the repairs won't cost a lot or take long to do, and SLGwill have her hot tub soon. How has she been lately? Hugs toher and Sebbie

Jan

I hope she gets her hot tub soon!! Idon't quite understand why you have to pay for repairs on something youhaven't bought yet though. Is it as is type ofthing?

Cristy

Yes, it was 700.00as it sat. We will have to find out how much it would cost to repair itnow. It also needed a new cover.

SLG is doing well. She had a skatingparty for her birthday this weekend! :) She had a lot of fun.I think her bottom is quite sore! She tries to be a hotshot and do alot of tricks! Ends up on her back side instead! :p

Oh, I've missed this thread, I've been so busylately. I'm so glad things are moving along. What agreat newspaper you have! And here's hoping Ellen will comethrough!

[shadow=gray]Happy Birthday SLG!!![/shadow]

Jen and the Critter Crew

So you can get a price range of fixing it beforeyou buy it?? If thats so then thats good. A broken hot tubwont do Sebastians little girl any good.

Cristy

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
SLG is doing well. She had askating party for her birthday this weekend! :) She had a lotof fun. I think her bottom is quite sore! She tries to be a hotshot anddo a lot of tricks! Ends up on her back side instead! :p
Bless her heart. It sounds like she had a great time.

Heres hoping that Tub isnt going to cost too much to repair!

Vickie

No. The manager ofthe Spa store called last week and was working on it, but was at themercy of his service department. I told him when he called that one ofSLG's friends was having a BBQ and was going to take some donations,and that the newspaper was also doing a story about the campaign theforum started. I'm still getting donations, so it's possible that wemight be able to cover the repairs and the cover that it needed.

Thanks for asking! :)

Wow that would be awesome Razz. I sure hope socause I wan SLG and you guys to feel better now that the weather isgetting very cold now. On sunday we will reach only up to 48 degrees.

Wow. I can't even believe how rivetedI am by this. I've just spent all night (yes, it isnow 4:44 am where I am) reading this thread and all of yourthreads and SLG's. Most of the time was spent waiting forpictures to load, lol, but I couldn't resist them!

I'm so touched by you all and your stories. That's all I can say at this moment...just...:angel:

Going to sleep now. But I'll be back...

I want you to have a brand new hot tub!!

Back