A Gift for Sebastian's Little Girl With Love from her Forum Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
Greetings Folks,

If you are not aware of the latest turn of events for Sebastian'sLittle Girl, she has a very serious case of Rheumatory Arthritis andit's unfortunately progressing at a very quick pace. This is a veryserious, debilitating, painful disease. There is a good chance that shecould end up in a wheelchair. Raspberry and SLG are not ones to whineor complain, but they are having quite a time trying to battle thishorrific disease.

As Raspberry said in her request for prayers thread on Page8, "I carry her a lot. In the grocery store, toand from the car, stuff like that. I've also been sleeping with her alot again. I'm concerned about how the cooler weather will effect her.The doctor recommended a hot tub again for the winter. My jobis going great, so maybe that hot tub is a possibility for this winteryet."

Raspberry and family could use all the help they could get.Wouldn't it be nice if we could help ease her pain bycontributing toward the funds to purchase a hot tub for her? That said,a paypal account has been set up and the funds will go right intoRaspberry's banking account. She will recieve your name andamount donated directly. If you wish to send a donationtoward a hot tub for this precious child, you may do so by creating anaccount in paypal ( http://paypal.com )and then go over to the file that says Send Money. The email addressyou want to send it to is [email protected] Those that don'twant to go through PayPal can send a donation to me. PrivateMessage me for my address. (Click on my name, a drop down menu willappear, and click on Send Private Message.) When sending your donationvia "snail mail", write on the outside of the envelope "FOR SLG" and Iwill forward it to RaspberrySwirl and SLG, unopened.

I want to make it very clear that Raspberry did not ask for orexpect this at all. This is quite out of the norm todo something like this, but I know how loved SLG is and how our memberswant to help and feel so hopeless. You can make adifference. Even a small donation is most appreciated.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Most sincerely,

-Carolyn

ABunniesc.jpg

FFSebastiannosetonoseA7-27-04.jpg

M9-10-04004.jpg

5-07-050151.jpg

sleepy01.jpg

6-26-05sunbathe01.jpg

untitled.jpg

I'm working on it, Dear Heart.? Sorry.? I've got them on the phone now.? Will update when I get an answer.

:hug:

I'll let you know what the email account is so that you can Send Money to that address - straight to Ms. Razzamattaz.?

With PayPal, you can send money to anyone with an email address bysimply signing up for a PayPal account. When you are logged into youraccount, click the Send Money tab. Then enter your recipient's emailaddress and the amount you would like to send. With PayPal you can sendpayments in one of these currencies:
  • Canadian Dollar
  • Euro
  • Pound Sterling
  • U.S. Dollar
  • Yen
  • Australian Dollar

-Carolyn

Peter and I will most certainly be happy to help!

SLG and Raz are family! and when family needs you, family gets you! Raz has ALWAYS been there for me!

I'll be watching this thread to see when the link is good to go...

Hang in there sweetie pie!

The Monkeys! Miss Emma, Daytona, Peter, and I love you very much, and we will help with all we can.

:kiss:

A Little Information forthose with out the time to look upthe Disease .

What Is Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis?

Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis is arthritis that causes jointinflammation and stiffness for more than 6 weeks in a child of 16 yearsof age or less. Inflammation causes redness, swelling, warmth, andsoreness in the joints, although many children with JRA do not complainof joint pain. Any joint can be affected and inflammation may limit themobility of affected joints. One type of JRA can also affect theinternal organs. Doctors classify JRA into three types by the number ofjoints involved, the symptoms, and the presence or absence of certainantibodies found by a blood test. (Antibodies are special proteins madeby the immune system.) These classifications help the doctor determinehow the disease will progress and whether the internal organs or skinis affected.

• Pauciarticular (PAW-see-are-TICK-you-lar)--Pauciarticularmeans that four or fewer joints are affected. Pauciarticular is themost common form of JRA; about half of all children with JRA have thistype. Pauciarticular disease typically affects large joints, such asthe knees. Girls under age 8 are most likely to develop this type ofJRA.

Some children have special kinds of antibodies in the blood. One iscalled antinuclear antibody (ANA) and one is called rheumatoid factor.Eye disease affects about 20 to 30 percent of children withpauciarticular JRA. Up to 80 percent of those with eye disease alsotest positive for ANA and the disease tends to develop at aparticularly early age in these children. Regular examinations by anophthalmologist (a doctor who specializes in eye diseases) arenecessary to prevent serious eye problems such as iritis (inflammationof the iris, the colored part of the eye) or uveitis (inflammation ofthe uvea, or the inner eye). Some children with pauciarticular diseaseoutgrow arthritis by adulthood, although eye problems can continue andjoint symptoms may recur in some people.

• Polyarticular--About 30 percent of all children with JRA havepolyarticular disease. In polyarticular disease, five or more jointsare affected. The small joints, such as those in the hands and feet,are most commonly involved, but the disease may also affect largejoints. Polyarticular JRA often is symmetrical; that is, it affects thesame joint on both sides of the body. Some children with polyarticulardisease have an antibody in their blood called IgM rheumatoid factor(RF). These children often have a more severe form of the disease,which doctors consider to be similar in many ways to adult rheumatoidarthritis.

• Systemic--Besides joint swelling, the systemic form of JRA ischaracterized by fever and a light skin rash, and may also affectinternal organs such as the heart, liver, spleen, and lymph nodes.Doctors sometimes call it Still's disease. Almost all children withthis type of JRA test negative for both RF and ANA. The systemic formaffects 20 percent of all children with JRA. A small percentage ofthese children develop arthritis in many joints and can have severearthritis that continues into adulthood.
What Causes Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis?

JRA is an autoimmune disorder, which means that the body mistakenlyidentifies some of its own cells and tissues as foreign. The immunesystem, which normally helps to fight off harmful, foreign substancessuch as bacteria or viruses, begins to attack healthy cells andtissues. The result is inflammation--marked by redness, heat, pain, andswelling. Doctors do not know why the immune system goes awry inchildren who develop JRA. Scientists suspect that it is a two-stepprocess. First, something in a child's genetic makeup gives them atendency to develop JRA; then an environmental factor, such as a virus,triggers the development of JRA.

What Are the Symptoms and Signs of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis?

The most common symptom of all types of JRA is persistent jointswelling, pain, and stiffness that typically is worse in the morning orafter a nap. The pain may limit movement of the affected joint althoughmany children, especially younger ones, will not complain of pain. JRAcommonly affects the knees and joints in the hands and feet. One of theearliest signs of JRA may be limping in the morning because of anaffected knee. Besides joint symptoms, children with systemic JRA havea high fever and a light skin rash. The rash and fever may appear anddisappear very quickly. Systemic JRA also may cause the lymph nodeslocated in the neck and other parts of the body to swell. In some cases(less than half), internal organs including the heart and, very rarely,the lungs may be involved.

Eye inflammation is a potentially severe complication that sometimesoccurs in children with pauciarticular JRA. Eye diseases such as iritisand uveitis often are not present until some time after a child firstdevelops JRA.

Typically, there are periods when the symptoms of JRA are better ordisappear (remissions) and times when symptoms are worse (flare-ups).JRA is different in each child--some may have just one or two flare-upsand never have symptoms again, while others experience many flare-upsor even have symptoms that never go away.

Some children with JRA may have growth problems. Depending on theseverity of the disease and the joints involved, growth in affectedjoints may be too fast or too slow, causing one leg or arm to be longerthan the other. Overall growth may also be slowed. Doctors areexploring the use of growth hormones to treat this problem. JRA alsomay cause joints to grow unevenly or to one side.

Doctors usually suspect JRA, along with several other possibleconditions, when they see children with persistent joint pain orswelling, unexplained skin rashes and fever, or swelling of lymph nodesor inflammation of internal organs. A diagnosis of JRA also isconsidered in children with an unexplained limp or excessive clumsiness.

No one test can be used to diagnose JRA. A doctor diagnoses JRA bycarefully examining the patient and considering the patient's medicalhistory, the results of laboratory tests, and x rays that help rule outother conditions.

• Symptoms--One important consideration in diagnosing JRA isthe length of time that symptoms have been present. Joint swelling orpain must last for at least 6 weeks for the doctor to consider adiagnosis of JRA. Because this factor is so important, it may be usefulto keep a record of the symptoms, when they first appeared, and whenthey are worse or better.

• Laboratory tests--Laboratory tests, usually blood tests,cannot by themselves provide the doctor with a clear diagnosis. Butthese tests can be used to help rule out other conditions and to helpclassify the type of JRA that a patient has. Blood may be taken to testfor RF and ANA, and to determine the erythrocyte sedimentation rate(ESR).

• ANA is found in the blood more often than RF, and both are found inonly a small portion of JRA patients. The RF test helps the doctor tellthe difference among the three types of JRA.

• ESR is a test that measures how quickly red blood cells fall to thebottom of a test tube. Some people with rheumatic disease have anelevated ESR or "sed rate" (cells fall quickly to the bottom of thetest tube), showing that there is inflammation in the body. Not allchildren with active joint inflammation have an elevated ESR.
  • X rays--X rays are needed if the doctor suspects injury tothe bone or unusual bone development. Early in the disease, some x rayscan show cartilage damage. In general, x rays are more useful later inthe disease, when bones may be affected.

• Other diseases--Because there are many causes of joint painand swelling, the doctor must rule out other conditions beforediagnosing JRA. These include physical injury, bacterial or viralinfection, Lyme disease, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus,dermatomyositis, and some forms of cancer. The doctor may useadditional laboratory tests to help rule out these and other possibleconditions

What many people don't know or forget is thatRaspberrySwirl has Lupus and can become crippled herself. There are noguarantees as to where her own life and job at this point will takeher. The side effects of the drugs that help Raspberry are extremelydifficult to deal with. I won't get into it, but believe me, it'sdevastating. She can pick up SLG right now, but her own health is justas shakey and painful as SLG's.

I had a forum member, Elf Mommy, jump on this issue and others have asked how they can help as well.

I don't wish to turn this forum into a fundraiser, but in this case,since so many know and love Raspberry and her daughter and they're sucha crucial part of the fun we have here, I made an exception.

The account in paypal has now been set up. You can send money bycreating an account there for free at paypal.com and then when you havean account, you'll see a file that says, "Send Money". You can sendyour gift to the email address of [email protected]

Thank you so much! If there's a chance that we can make a small difference in this family's life, it would be so meaningful.

As Buck would always say, "What goes around, comes around."

Much Love,
-Carolyn

Bless your heart, BunnyMom. :tears2:

:kiss:

-Carolyn

As many of youknow, it's not often that I'm at a loss for words. Now is one of thosetimes.

Raspberry

angel.jpg

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
As many of you know, it's notoften that I'm at a loss for words. Now is one of thosetimes.

:shock2: I can't believe we finally shut you up.

Gypsy and I were just laughing about how you always have a comeback. We can never stump you.

Hey Raspberry? The issue you have is with Lupus not Lepus, right??? :dunno:

-Carolyn

Not able to do much...but I truly hope it helps....life stinks right now being on disability myself!!!!

I hope everything that is being done helps them get what they need to make things easier on SLG!

How long will you be accepting money? I don't get paid until next Wednesday.

Oh Raz and SLG I am so sorry for this. I am going to talk to hubby and see if we can swing a few bucks to help all of you guys.

You are in my prayers everyday.

Angel andMeatHead

Lissa wrote:
How long will you be accepting money??

As long as it takes.

If everyone that read this thread gave $1.00, it would go a Long Way towards her hot tub/comfort/relief.

"Dad" works 2 jobs, and Raspberry runs a business, her family, fightsoff Lupus, and watches her child in pain Every Day - and there'snothing she can do.

:pray:

-Carolyn

Sebastians Little Girl wrote:
Thank you soooooooooooo much!!!! everyone! thankyou!

Sebastian's Little Girl

Hey!!!! :growl:

This was supposed to be a SECRET! What're you doin here??????

Tucker is NOT Happy!! :wink:

Love,
-Carolyn

Uh oh SLG you got yelled at. That is not nice Carolyn.

I am going to do something to. This young girl reminds me of my neice Irarely see or hear from. About 2x a month I hear from her when she iswith my mom. I see SLG alot more than my neice and she has a specialplace for me.

Latest posts

Back