A Doctor's Appointment

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, today I went to a gastroenterologist. I made an appointment for Monday the 16th for a colonoscopy. Yet another day I'll have to be out.

Just because the catscan was inconclusive and the doc was GUESSING about the ovarian cyst thing...we want to see if there's anything wrong otherwise in my intestines and colon. If it's a no, then I'm going to have to go the gyn route.

Sigh

Good luck for the colonoscopy. Apparently it is uncomfortable, but not too bad, although you will fart like a trooper afterwards (be warned!). :p

Sounds like the tests you are having now is similar to what I'm about to go through. So I do sympathise and I do really hope that they find whatever is wrong so that they can fix it (not that I want anything to be wrong with you, but obviously when you know what is causing the problems, then it can be sorted, or at least hopefully managed).

Good luck Minda.

Ewwwwwwww I am sorry you have to have that done..... but I hope it's just nothing or the cyst thing and it's over....

Flashy wrote:
Good luck for the colonoscopy. Apparently it is uncomfortable, but not too bad, although you will fart like a trooper afterwards (be warned!). :p

Sounds like the tests you are having now is similar to what I'm about to go through. So I do sympathise and I do really hope that they find whatever is wrong so that they can fix it (not that I want anything to be wrong with you, but obviously when you know what is causing the problems, then it can be sorted, or at least hopefully managed).

Good luck Minda.
I know it's a serious topic, but I burst out laughing at this. I hope your tests go OK. Having a "mystery illness" isn't fun! I've been there, done that! I hope they figure out everything, though! Good luck!

Elf Mommy wrote:
Well, I'm glad I planned it early in the day, so I can poot all day at home instead of going back to school immediately. LOL

My mum's had one a fair few times since she has Chron's disease, and she says that whilst it's not the most pleasant thing ever, it's not as terrible as people think. Do they give you any kind of aneasthetic for it?

Also, random question, but do your class behave for a replacement teacher? I can't imagine them acting up for you at all lol! :)

The first time I had one done, I was 21 years old...and they didn't knock me out. I cried and was ashamed the whole time.

This time, the doctor promised me he would knock me out. :)

My class are terrible for substitute teachers. However, the LAST time I was out, they were SO bad...that I gave the few good ones each a choice of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups or Kit Kat bars (candy bars). I told them I'd be doing the same for the next time I had to be out...I think I might see better results.

Usually, when I'm out, I'm EXTREMELY anal about what I leave for the students to do. If it's a tough sub, then they are all right. Unfortunately, this last time, I wasn't prepared to be out, so that's why all heck broke loose in my classroom. :( I'm STILL cleaning up and finding things missing...sigh...

Elf Mommy wrote:
Usually, when I'm out, I'm EXTREMELY anal about what I leave for the students to do. If it's a tough sub, then they are all right. Unfortunately, this last time, I wasn't prepared to be out, so that's why all heck broke loose in my classroom. :( I'm STILL cleaning up and finding things missing...sigh...
Well, you will have reason to be this time.............. ;)

It's clear liquid day today!!!! I take the Dulcolax at 4 PM and then drink a gallon of NuLytely starting at 6, throughout the evening.

UGH!

Elf Mommy wrote:
It's clear liquid day today!!!! I take the Dulcolax at 4 PM and then drink a gallon of NuLytely starting at 6, throughout the evening.

UGH!
Oh, you poor thing! Are you allowed to eat anything?

Turns out my mum has a colonoscopy tomorrow too- her doctor ordered one a while back, but they never called her in. She wasn't about to remind them of that! They realised at her appt the other week and organised it. She wasn't happy! Over here they don't give general anaesthetics for them, because if they were to perforate the bowel at all, they wouldn't know apparently....

Sorry for that ramble! I will be thinking of you tomorrow and I hope it's not too horrible!

:hug:

I'll be OUT for it, so it won't be horrible, because I won't have to watch and cry. :) Much better than my first go around. I hope your mom's goes smoothly, as well!

Minda i am so sorry the first time you were not knocked out, i thought that was something that was always done, i never knew they did them without knocking you out. I hope it all goes well, i have heard that it is not that bad, my dad had one done t his past summer and he said it was nothing. Good luck

Thank you! :)

Well, I just took the laxative...FOUR pills! I haven't taken laxatives since the last time I had this done, over 15 years ago. I'm going to be ready to run to the bathroom! I've stocked up with extra toilet paper!

Latest posts

Back