Yofi, Anna and the Crew, 2010

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh goodness! Doesn't Yofi look the picture of innocence here. Lovely photos, Di! Anna is so sweet - like my Georgia, only with helicopter ears
Jan

Yes, he certainly *looks* innocent! Looks can be so deceiving sometimes. ;) And the funny thing about Anna's ears...when I adopted her, they were upright; but ever so slowly, after I got Yofi, Anna's ears headed downward, almost as if she were copying the Yofster's style. (I suspect that Anna is secretly a diva who just *has* to sport the latest fashion trends.)

Yofi looks like a Basset Hound. I love his little Alfalfa style cowlick. Anna is irresistably plump and her ears stickin' out... too cute. Love the sequence of Yofi stealing a magazine. What does he do with the magazines?

I actually had posted a photo of Alfalfa along with a pic of Yofi...in the old 2009 thread, I think. I too thought Yofi resembled Alfalfa (impishness and all!). The only thing missing is the freckles. ;)
What does Yofi do with the magazines? The same thing he does with anything he's not supposed to have: he eats them. It is rare to find a magazine anywhere in my livingroom without His Hareness's royal toothprints along the borders. He once also did this to a letter that accidentally was mailed to my address; I had to tape the entire thing back together and sneak out to the mailbox at night and post it...I can only imagine what the neighbour thought when he finally received it...

I love Yofi's Alfala-esque cowlick! So darned cuuuute! I think you should change his name to Alfalfa

LOL...see above about Yofi/Alfalfa. (Also, I can never call it a cowlick in his presence, lest I have a petrified Yofi go careening out of the room! Apparently Yofi has a freakish fear of cowz.

WHY was Anna making a fist?

I suspect it was because I captured her image with her still sporting her pre-summer, non-svelte figure (though I've yet to see that new figure emerge). LOL...personally, I think your last explanation was probably the right one. :biggrin2:

I am officially cleaning my house today (can't you tell? :p ) So here's a few more photos to share (some non-bunnay):

thelook.jpg

The above photo is my sister's dog, Lassie (I've been dogsitting all week while my sister's been attending a conference in San Francisco...and ironically, the weather here has been much nicer, and warmer, than there!). Lassie is a sheltie mix, and this is her *LOOK* when she has a bone.

thrutheeye.jpg

I sort of liked this one, just because you can see the trees reflected in Lassie's eye.

kayadoo.jpg

Kaya, my in-denial geriatric dog. She's an Aussie cattle dog cross (definitely dingo in there!), and is soon to be 14.

indahomie.jpg

Anna and Yofi in their cage. I'd spent most of yesterday removing the carpet from their room, simply because the room itself is terribly humid, and even with a dehumidifier (which I hadn't been running lately), the carpet became a horrible mess of stains. I finally decided to toss the carpet and just have a runner in its place...Anna seems more comfortable with hardwood flooring now, and so far she doesn't seem too put out.

yofanna.jpg

yofanna2.jpg

A couple of *I squishez Anna's head* pics. This is how the two normally rest together (how Anna gets any proper rest is beyond me).

sanscarpet.jpg

Rabbit room, now without the carpet.

haidere.jpg

Yofi, peeking. I just know he was plotting something...

bunnayhug.jpg

And this last one...my favourite. Unfortunately I caught the pose just as Yofi started to move, but he'd been lying over Anna like that for quite a while, giving her a Yofi-hug.

:)

Awww the one of Yofi hugging Anna made me smile, and the one of Yofi with the grass made me laugh. Thanks for sharing :D

I like that hug pic too. It sort of almost forgives The Boy for all of the mischievious activities he's done in the past. Almost. :biggrin: I was actually lucky to capture it at all, because he'd been sitting like that with his arm draped around Anna when I walked into the room, so I had to run off and get my camera...and Yofi finally started to move when I took the picture. Usually, I see a great pose and...within seconds he (or she) has moved.

I like the one of Yofi peeking around the corner of the bbq pit too, because it captures a bit of his impish side. ;)

i love how helerious yofi is...and is anna a mini lop? i cant remember if i read it or not. andkaya is beautiful...almost looks like some sort of sheperd or akitsa type dog is in him.

Hey fuzz16,

I suspect that Anna has lop in her. When I first adopted Anna, her ears were always erect. Yet looking at the shape of her head and her size, I'd wondered if perhaps she had been part of a lop litter, and her ears simply hadn't *lopped*. As the years have passed, those head flaps of hers have taken a downward turn. Of course, it could also be the fact that Yofi sits on her head so often, he's permanently squished them into that position. ;)

Kaya (who my sister thinks is ugly! :shock:) is supposed to be an Australian cattle dog mix. In her younger years - before her more senior weight - she looked very much like an Australian dingo, and over the years I've been stopped numerous times by people asking if she was, in fact, a dingo. LOL...the funniest moment came when I was walking her downtown one summer day, back when she was maybe 3 or 4, and a man who was visiting Canada from Australia stopped dead in his tracks as we were walking toward him...then as we got near to him he said, in amazement, "How did you ever get a dingo into Canada?!?!!" He literally was shocked! My guess is that somewhere in Kaya's background is the dingo, as Aussie cattle dogs had been bred with them in the past. Here's a couple of dingo pics to compare, with Kaya's photo inbetween (the one of the lone dingo standing is amazingly similar to Kaya when she was younger, and thinner; actually, when I first adopted Kaya, she was so thin that you could see her ribs and backbone sticking out):

dingo4.jpg

kayadoo-1.jpg

dingo.jpg

I originally got Kaya from the Humane Society, where I'd been volunteering as a dog walker after my last dog died unexpectedly. It was like instant recognition when the two of us met, and despite my vow to never get another dog, I wound up going home with her. I'd resisted for a couple of months, but when I overheard that she was being considered for euthanasia, that did it...there was no way I could walk out the door and not rescue her. That was 13 years ago, and she's been my 'right-hand dog' ever since. :)

So today is my last day of vacation before heading back to work (and then on to an interview to see if I still have a job at the end of the summer...ugh!). I've been off for the past two weeks, and have enjoyed every moment; perfect weather, lots of time for vegetable gardening, cleaning up my front yard, getting the bunny room cleared up, and many long, wonderful walks with The Dog. So, since this was to be my last day off before heading back to the office, I figured I would spend most of it relaxing, sitting in the sun, taking one last long stroll, and vegging out (once dishes and washes and stuff are done). However, as with everything in life, things never quite turn out the way you expect.

I usually get up around 7-7:30 in the morning. Today, however, I slept in (not intentionally) and The Dog woke me up at almost 9 o'clock. So I rolled out of bed and looked out the window. Ugh...rain. It's soggy and grey outside...so scratch the long walk off my list. Ah well, no worries. So I go into the bathroom and get ready for the day. Whilst I'm in there, The Dog (who normally has taken to heading back to bed when I first get up) comes to the bathroom door, telling me in her squirmy dog way that she has to GO. So off to the back door we head, and I leave the door open just a crack so Kaya can let herself back in if she wants. In the meantime, I head to the bedroom to get dressed. Of course on my way there I hear the frantic clawing of Yofi, trying to tunnel his way through the wall since he doesn't yet possess opposable thumbs (darned those doorknobs anyway!). So - not really thinking - I open the door to the rabbit room, let Yofi out, and head to the bedroom.

A couple of moments later it sinks in: Yofi, loose...back door, open. I scramble from my bedroom, tripping over items as I'm trying to get a danged turtleneck sweater over my head, not able to see anything, and call "Yofi! Yofi!". I get to the back door, turtleneck still only partially on, in time to see the Yofster's hind end hightailing it into the (wet) backyard. Out I run after him, yelling at him to get his fuzzy little bunny butt back into the house. Rain is now splashing down on my arms as they flail in a desperate attempt to pull sweater over head...unsuccessfully, of course. What follows is roughly three or four minutes of me running through the grass in pursuit of a rabbit who is now kicking up his heels, "Yeehaw!!!*ing himself in and out of shrubs and undergrowth. Finally, just as I am about to abandon hope catching the little rotter (who did this on purpose, I'm sure), he stops, looks straight at me, and then casually hops himself back indoors. I follow closely behind, feet and pants now, of course, thoroughly wet.

I take a head count, satisfying myself that everyone who should be inside, is inside, and then I go back to my morning...making my breakfast. This should be easy, right? Just as the eggs hit the frying pan and I begin to scramble them, I hear a sound that is most definitely not music to the day-offer's ears: "Rowrrrr...rowwwrrrr..."

It took me a moment to realize what this was...and only a moment more for it to grow in desperation..."ROWWRRR....ROWWWRRRRRRR!"

Fritz! I run from room to room, searching for my elderly cat, locating him (of course) in the middle of my bed, with that all too familiar "I'z gonna frow up. Mom" look on his face. So I whisk him off the bed and then begin dashing through the house, looking for a suitable (and close) place to set him down so he can 'frow up' in peace. Finally I opt for the bathroom floor - since it is in dire need of a scrubbing anyway - just in time for him to toss his hairballs. And that should be the end of it...but no, wait, there's more...once Fritz finishes vomitting there, off he runs to the hallway to repeat the process again...and then off to the kitchen for a third and final performance. In the meantime I'm trying to follow him, taking note of where he 'frows', at the same time desperately wondering what I did with the roll of paper towels. But this can never be enough. No, The Dog decides to join the party, also following Fritz ('hey, what's he leaving on the floor? Is it edible?') while I yell at her. This, of course, piques Yofi's curiosity as well, and I see him dash from the bunny room to also join in on the fun. So now it's me following Cat, noting his points of hairball deposits, scanning the horizon for the elusive paper towel, and yelling, "Kaya! No!! Don't touch! Don't eat!" and "Yofi! No!! Get away from that! Watch your feet! Go away!!!" In the end I did manage to get it all sorted out; no wayward rabbits binkying in the rain and mud, frowups cleaned, nothing eaten that shouldn't have been, nothing tromped in (or ears dragged through) that shouldn't have been, and carpet and bed safe from harm.

This, however, is not how I'd planned to start my last day off. Maybe next time I will sleep in, just a little bit longer.

Some days, it just does not pay to get out of bed!

I hope the rest of your day is very calm so you can enjoy your last day of vacation! :D

Well, at least I got a few things done around the house today. No more events like this morning, except for one...and this one's a bit *sensitive* to describe. I'll try and put it delicately: I was in the midst of making my dinner and noticed that The Dog was still in the backyard - I'd let her out a while ago to go to the bathroom. So I went to the door and was about to call her name when I spotted her, kinda hunched over, and...um...you know what it's like when a dog ingests something it shouldn't, and that something doesn't bother digesting, but just sort of goes right through? Well, I don't know what she'd ingested, but it resembled hair, and...guess you could say her plumbing got clogged. So yeah, I had to do toilet duty for The Dog. Lost my appetite after that. :expressionless

Anyway, day's almost over (phew). Here's the last of several pictures I took today...

(Oh, and as for Anna...they say you always have to watch the quiet ones, and I had blamed her for some things in the past, but today discovered that one of those things (chewing/tugging/tearing the vet bedding), wasn't Anna at all. It's been Yofi. Caught him red-mouthed at the bedding this afternoon. Even caught it on camera, the rotter. So Anna remains innocent - at least for now. ;) )

Yofi, trying to rearrange the carpeting:

caughtya.jpg

caughtya2.jpg

caught3.jpg

Anna and her teddy bear:

annabear.jpg

Yofi, getting rid of the teddy bear:

yofibear.jpg

Busy preening:

prayers.jpg

itchy.jpg

cleaning2.jpg

cleaning.jpg

Don't know if you can tell, but I laugh at this one because Anna was caught in mid-headshake:

annashaking.jpg

LOL...this sounds a bit mean, but for the past couple of days I've heard an old Queen song playing on the radio, called "Fatbottomed Girls". Well, this picture of Anna somehow reminds me of that song, even though the picture's not limited to her bunnay rump...;):

fatbot.jpg

And...last series in the cage:

cage4.jpg

cage3.jpg

thetwo.jpg

indacage.jpg

flop.jpg

wow kaya does look a lot like a dongo! thats crazy. super pretty though :)

and ya, thats how i got my first dog. went to the shelter on break and was looking at a dog then they brought in this one dog from outside and the lady was telling me how hard it is for her to see dogs put down. i originally thought he was ugly and weird looking, but became the best dog ever! (aussie german seperd mix).

and ya, annas super prettty. i think lop mixes are cute :) how their ears sometimes go up and sometimes not, but i could totally understand Yofi trainin those ears down laying on her head! she sounds super tolerable of his antics

and your suuuuch a great writer telling us about your horrid morning for your off day. lol! its reassuring knowing im not the only one who picks up a cat passing up hairballs and food. lol.

again, great pictures. do they not mess with the sheep fur(?) or the fleece? mine would shred it all!

Anna/Yofi pictures always make me giggle! I love the "Yofi squeeshing Anna" series. Yofi is such a little clown, and Anna must have the patience of a saint to put up with it all! ;) (You must, too!)

Oh, I have to put aside bunnay stuff for a moment to post this. My nephew Sean and his girlfriend (Caitlin) were in town last weekend for a wedding, and so we had the pleasure of their company...though all too briefly. Sean is an accomplished chef and has won a great many competitions, both here and worldwide, on top of teaching, catering, and appearing on a show that used to air in Canada, "The Next Great Chef" as a mentor. Needless to say, Sean was not allowed to go home before promising to cook us all a wonderful meal, which he did...and what a meal it was! I've snatched some pictures that my sister took so I could post them here. Your mouths will water. Seriously.

This is Sean and Caitlin (who studied under Sean and is a great cook in her own right), getting the plates loaded up (me in the background, drooli...er...envying them):

preptime.jpg

This was the main entree for the meatatarians. On the plate is fresh yellow beans, risotto with wild mushrooms, lamb strips in (I forget what kind of sauce he'd made), bison steak, and squash puree.

dinner2.jpg

This was the salad: Fresh strawberries, wild asparagus, unripened goat cheese, fresh baby peas, a tiny little lettuce that I've forgotten the name of now (but so delicious), Digby scallop (enormous!), and 'bacon' made by Sean with cured duck breast, fresh mint from my sis's garden, fresh pansies, all drizzled with a wonderful basalmic glaze.

dinner.jpg

And this, I'm not sure whose it was, if it was a salad that they hadn't yet finished or what...it just looked so pretty that I had to post this picture my sister had taken.

salad.jpg

There was also a sausage Sean made that shall remain nameless here, considering the content of it...but it went over well too. Since I don't eat meat, my main 'meat' portion was a Digby scallop...oh man, it was done to perfection! Melt-in-your-mouth wonderful. That boy certainly is talented.

And to think I used to change his diapers at one point. :p

do they not mess with the sheep fur(?) or the fleece? mine would shred it all!

Oh yes fuzz, they dig at it and pull and chew (mostly when it's first washed and the cage is totally clean). I have two big pieces of fleece and two smaller ones, and all are tattered and torn around the edges (esp. the bigger pieces, since they aren't as heavy-duty as the smaller two). But considering how long I've had them, and they are in constant use, they've held up incredibly well. They've stood the test of Anna, after all! :biggrin2:

Back