Weird Food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah-HA! Lobster in a can!
Not as good, mind you, but its a start... heat that up with some butter, and plenty of salt.
If you don't have any, I'd be happy to stick a can in the post for you for xmas!

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Ah-HA! Lobster in a can!
Not as good, mind you, but its a start... heat that up with some butter, and plenty of salt
You're not meant to say that! You're meant to say 'Jen, you NEED to move to San Francisco, to truly experience lobster the way it should be experienced! There is no other way! Moooooove!' :p:p:p

Lobsters are crayfish? My dad sets pots and they all are just full of them :shock: Once the rope got detached from the pot and I had to swim down and reattach one, couldn't get my hands near it to attach the thing coz they would blimmen snap at me and stare with their beady little eyes, was so flipping scary :bawl:

Question, how do you deep fry pepsi or coke? And what does it look like?

PepnFluff wrote:
Lobsters are crayfish? My dad sets pots and they all are just full of them :shock: Once the rope got detached from the pot and I had to swim down and reattach one, couldn't get my hands near it to attach the thing coz they would blimmen snap at me and stare with their beady little eyes, was so flipping scary :bawl:

That right there is the reason I can never ever go near the sea again!!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

We used to go wading around in rivers to catch crayfish in little nets. You just put a net behind them, wiggle your fingers near their claws and they scoot back into the net. Then, you just grab them out of the net (pinch behind their arms) and throw 'em in a bucket. I've never eaten one, we just used them for bass fishing.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Does someone in your family have celiac disease?

Nope, no celiacs. Thank goodness! When my Mom was pregnant with me, she developed an intolerance to wheat gluten and dairy. So I guess I got a little bit of the wheat intolerance too. So I can eat it occasionally fine, but couldn't eat it every day with every meal or my stomach would hurt after doing that awhile.

All the other gluten grains are fine, though. I eat rye and oat bread constantly :p:biggrin2:.

kherrmann3 wrote:
We used to go wading around in rivers to catch crayfish in little nets. You just put a net behind them, wiggle your fingers near their claws and they scoot back into the net. Then, you just grab them out of the net (pinch behind their arms) and throw 'em in a bucket. I've never eaten one, we just used them for bass fishing.

Crawfish are real yummy. I've fished for them too and it's fun! I've never been Bass fishing, but I want to someday! Crabbing is fun too, although someone else has to cook them, lol.

So it's sort of a celiac thing but not fully the disease. That's weird.

Raspberry82 wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Does someone in your family have celiac disease?

Nope, no celiacs. Thank goodness! When my Mom was pregnant with me, she developed an intolerance to wheat gluten and dairy. So I guess I got a little bit of the wheat intolerance too. So I can eat it occasionally fine, but couldn't eat it every day with every meal or my stomach would hurt after doing that awhile.

All the other gluten grains are fine, though. I eat rye and oat bread constantly :p:biggrin2:.

Calamari is one of my favourite foods! I annoys me how people won't eat it just because its squid. If they didn't know, they would probably love it!

I love Spanish food. Their seafood paellas and tortillas are yummy. I have a tortilla like once a week!

I also like boquerones, they are sardiney kinda things, sliced longways and put in vinegar and salty stuff. They are so good!

boqueronesalavinagre.jpg

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Raspberry82 wrote:
kherrmann3 wrote:
Crawfish are real yummy. I've fished for them too and it's fun! I've never been Bass fishing, but I want to someday! Crabbing is fun too, although someone else has to cook them, lol.
Yay! Someone else calls it "crabbing"! We always called catching crayfish "crabbing" because my older half-sisters were too stupid to listen to their little nerdy sister with the coke-bottle glasses (me!) that they weren't crabs, but were crustaceans, though. Not kidding, you could point out any fish/dinosaur and I could name it when I was a kid (marine fishes, too!). I even knew Latin names! I still know a few :D

Bass fishing isn't that exciting (minus when they jump out of the water). I've actually found that I get bored while fishing. I used to go EVERY weekend with my dad. Opening Day is actually a holiday in my house *rolls eyes* Want me to prove it? Two of my parent's vehicles have fishy license plates. The one on their Corolla is "IGOFISH" and the other one on my dad's new stupid truck is "F1SHMAN". My dad has two boats (which he wants to sell both and get one intermediate one) and a four-wheeler that is covered in fish stickers. I love fish, but am picky about commercial ones because I always got home-cooked fishies. My grandpa (dad's dad) even has a barrel to make his own smoked fish in. Yummy! I think it's funny when they leave the little fish heads on!

Lucky for me I can't eat squid or any other seafood - no fish, no crustaceans, no nothing like that - it makes me puke at the very least..... break out in hives...... throat closes up.......

:dunno

My mum is allergic to shrimp. That's it. Nothing else from the water. AND, it's only certain kinds of shrimp. It depends on where they were caught, too. Odd?

Yum to calamari, shrimp, lobster, crab, octopus......anything that comes out of the water. Conch anyone? When I was down in the Bahamas I live on conch - conch sandwiches, conch fritters, fried conch, etc. It is so funny when you order conch in a restaurant down there. A few minutes after placing your order you hear pounding coming from the kitchen. That's the cook tenderizing the conch.

My sister-in-law says she's allergic to shrimp, but I've seen her eat things at a restaurant that I *know* had shrimp in them!!! She will also eat things that formerly had shrimp but she picks out and puts on my plate. (Then she eats the food that was cooked with the shrimp in it, with her utensils that just touched the shrimp.) I don't understand why she can't say she just doesn't like it. Also, she sometimes claims to be allergic to all fish/seafood, and other times she will eat salmon and tuna. She even begs to go have sushi with us, but then just sits there looking dejected because she "can't" eat anything except the tamago (egg) ones. Weirdo.

I can eat the chicken from Long John Silvers (if I want to die of a heart attack but that's another health update...) but I will get hives and sometimes my throat gets tight. It got really bad the last time so I haven't had it in a while. The kids hate me LOL! My son LOVES their food and my daughter really likes their chicken. They can go, but I won't.

My allergies to seafood got worse as I got older. I used to eat tuna salad and shrimp. I loved tuna salad and still get a craving for it now and then but can't take a chance.

When it first came to us that I was allergic, I was getting nautious and feeling weird and itchy. I had always sort of not liked eating fish because I always ended up sick for some reason. Talking to the doc, we realized why.

Then, it got worse with the throat and hives and I had to give it up. I was allergic to yeast as a child and got horrible huge hives every day. Now, I don't have that allergy which is great since I love bread! but I cannot cook with yeast - I kill the live yeast.

Latest posts

Back