Weird Food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It actually sounds quite nice! I think I'd try that.... although I wouldn't try any of the other fried stuff :?

I don't know if you'd call this weird or not but I just had one of my favourite meals tonight- cauliflower cheese, with sausages! I love it! :D

mouse_chalk wrote:
It actually sounds quite nice! I think I'd try that.... although I wouldn't try any of the other fried stuff :?

I don't know if you'd call this weird or not but I just had one of my favourite meals tonight- cauliflower cheese, with sausages! I love it! :D
Cauliflower cheese sounds yum......but without the sausage. I'm a veg-head. I eat fish and shellfish, but no meat. I've been veg for 2 years now. I love meat, but went veg for health reasons.

kherrmann3 wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
Fried cheese of any kind? :)
Actually yes..... There's a Greek dish called Saganaki, which is fried halloumi, and they serve it just with lemon juice..... OMG THAT'S THE BEST THING EVER!!!! We were addicted to it when we were in Corfu...:D

slavetoabunny wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:

Cauliflower cheese sounds yum......but without the sausage. I'm a veg-head. I eat fish and shellfish, but no meat. I've been veg for 2 years now. I love meat, but went veg for health reasons.
I was veggie! I went veggie when I was 13 and lasted 4 years..... but then I was left alone with roast chicken lol, and that was that! :?

Cauliflower cheese is like the best thing ever... and sooo easy to make! Blanch the cauliflower, make the sauce, in an oven dish, cheese on top, bake for 10mins and done! I could eat it every day lol.... :D

The fried cheese that we have here is either cheddar or mozzarella. Cheese curds are cheddar, and cheese sticks are mozzarella. :) I'm a fatty lol

I'm not a picky eater at all, but some of the foods mentioned on this thread have made me flinch!!

The strangest thing that I like to eat is...Peanut butter, lettuce, and Miracle Whip sandwiches. Sounds gross, I know. (Blame my dad. I think he's the one who started making them.) But they really are yummy!

Deep fired ice-cream and moro bars! *drools they're sooo good I eat about one of each every year they're delicious but soooo sooo fattening but meh lol.

Bo B Bunny: Do they have fried pies at your fair?

I've ALWAYS wanted to try fried pies... gosh those sound so delicious!! Pie is one of my favorite things EVER. One of these days I want to plan out a food road trip.. and go visit tons of places just to eat specialties of the area! Fried pies, cajun, southern BBQ and mint julips, real maine blueberry pie, Goergia peach pie, elk/moose, lobster, hush puppies, etc. So I'll probably gain 10 lbs, but that's ok! LOL :biggrin2:.

wabbitmom12 wrote:
I'm not a picky eater at all, but some of the foods mentioned on this thread have made me flinch!!

The strangest thing that I like to eat is...Peanut butter, lettuce, and Miracle Whip sandwiches. Sounds gross, I know. (Blame my dad. I think he's the one who started making them.) But they really are yummy!

Yup! You're definitely a weirdo for that food combo, hehe. (Just teasing!! No offense intended!) :biggrin2:

I've heard a lot of odd sandwich combos with peanut butter.. it's got me curious, but it is hard to imagine some of them :).

Raspberry82 wrote:
Bo B Bunny: Do they have fried pies at your fair?

I don't think I've heard of those. We have Elephant ears and Funnel Cakes. Those are wonderful.

Fried pies sound good too...... like what you used to get at McDonalds. They still make them at Rallys.

They are good! I have made them at home.

They are just pancake batter, run through a funnel into hot oil but you use a ring to keep it all in together. I used a skillet to cook them. Then, you take it out when it's lightly browned all over..... I put them on a paper towel to soak a bit of grease and then sift powdered sugar over them. Some people like to put cinnamin on them too but I don't. I've seen toppings like for icecream or pie on them as well.

29469_32367_friendseat_778px-Funnel_cake_20040821_172200_1_1655x1275.jpg

Elephant ears are just flattened white yeast dough deep fried that same way and when you take it out you put cinnamin and sugar on them, some people first put a bit of margerine, and we sift a bit of powdered sugar on them.

45535767_e1019eff8a.jpg

I like funnel cakes, but with about 1/4 of the powdered sugar that's normally on them. At the fairs here, I've seen them doused with chocolate sauce, then about half a can of whipped cream.

Yuck.

But, if I eat very much sugar at once I feel sick. (I can't even eat a whole candy bar without feeling nauseous.)

LOVE THESE at the Big E.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
They are good! I have made them at home.

They are just pancake batter, run through a funnel into hot oil but you use a ring to keep it all in together. I used a skillet to cook them. Then, you take it out when it's lightly browned all over..... I put them on a paper towel to soak a bit of grease and then sift powdered sugar over them. Some people like to put cinnamin on them too but I don't. I've seen toppings like for icecream or pie on them as well.

29469_32367_friendseat_778px-Funnel_cake_20040821_172200_1_1655x1275.jpg

Elephant ears are just flattened white yeast dough deep fried that same way and when you take it out you put cinnamin and sugar on them, some people first put a bit of margerine, and we sift a bit of powdered sugar on them.

45535767_e1019eff8a.jpg

I love white bread no crust, mayo, american cheese with Doritos.

Bo B Bunny:

DROOOOOOL!

Hehe! Those look phenomenal! I've never have elephant ears either. I was raised on no wheat, so now that I can have it in moderation, I'm determined to try these some day. :biggrin2:

One thing that is a special goodie to me (but it totally ordinary to most other people) is lightly toasted white bread with pb and j, lol. Or Orowheat with pb and J. Since I didn't grow up with wheat bread it is extra yummy to me.

I used to love ranch doritos, they are evil good.

I can feel my arteries clogging as I read this thread...

I remember now one of the most bizarre things I've had...
Pub cheese
Pickled mozzarella cheese strings in brine... more rubbery and odd and salty than I can say...

I prefer rubbery squid, thank you! Gotta love something that squeaks when you chew it:)

Latest posts

Back