Weird Food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those tanks depress me like no other. I prefer to think that they just grew the lobster on a plant or something. I can handle it if it was dead before I ordered it, but staring at a lobster in a tank with their cute little eye-stalks and sending it to its doom is too much for my little brain.

I don't know how you guys can love like all seafood:shock: Come live at my fathers and consume all of my share please:p Its always just crayfish, bluenose, gurnard, scallops, tua tuas, pipis and mussels:yuck I can cook the crayfish though:biggrin2: apparently its very yummy hehe. Jen chip sandwhichs are delicious! you get the hot chips put em in white bread and drizzle with tomato sauce *drools.

kherrmann3 wrote:
Those tanks depress me like no other. I prefer to think that they just grew the lobster on a plant or something.
Oh found a picture I took in November.

28v4xgj.jpg

Those are just holding tanks. The live seafood is brought in daily so they don't actually live and grow in them. I believe they are flown in from Vancouver.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Stan, that fish is too awesome! I've had it Thai-style with the almost-salsa of tomato, chilies and lemongrass.
The squid is making my mouth water....
I wish we had a really top-notch asian place around here... There's one in the middle of town, but the prices are wild! I've got to start cooking more seriously!
Mmmmmmmm.......that sounds so good. I love Thai food. The squid is making my mouth water too. I do have some frozen calamari that I may just have to heat up for dinner!

OOOh! Grab some chopped garlic, lemon juice, and whisk it into miracle whip or mayo to make aioli (to taste). I don't do mine with the whole adding egg and oil to blender; too messy and long...
YOu'll love it!

I loooooove salmon. Yum. I'm eating more fish now that I'm cutting back on meats. Mostly, I can only afford tuna or tilapia. (I make a mean salmon bisque!) I pass on things that still have the head. Ick.

I used to like lobster, though I can't afford it much, and now I don't want to eat it. I heard a thing on the radio (a nifty science-y show called RadioLab) about how lobsters can pretty much live forever, barring disease, disaster, or being caught, and will keep growing forever, so now I just feel a little guilty about eating them. (The biggest lobster on record was 44 pounds, and 41 inches long! :shock:)

I saw an episode of Dirty Jobs where Mike Rowe caught geoducks, it was really freaky and I don't think I could ever eat that!

DROOL.

This thread is making me so hungry! LOL.

I always wanted to try Rocket and Cockels if i ever go to England! I wonder if Rocket tastes like our arugula.

Fries on a sandwich with tomato sauce? Wow. I bet that's good!

I think my all time favorite sandwich is a Croque Monsieurs.. french grilled ham sandwich with mustard, gruyere cheese, parmesan, and topped with a bachamel sauce (white sauce of milk, flour, cheese, and butter). The ultimate french bomb of calories in a sandwich but SO GOOD!

BethM wrote:
The biggest lobster on record was 44 pounds, and 41 inches long! :shock:

I saw an episode of Dirty Jobs where Mike Rowe caught geoducks, it was really freaky and I don't think I could ever eat that!
As far as that lobster comment goes... My response is, "BRING ON THE LEMONY BUTTER!"

*ahem*

I saw that episode of Dirty Jobs, too. They look... interesting. I liked the part when he was with that lady and they were cutting up the geoduck. His witty little comments were priceless!

Yeah, rocket is the same thing! I had arugula over in San Francisco and it tasted the same at least :) I loooooove rocket!

I went out for dinner with my mum last night, and we went to this place It's just opened up in Bristol, and does the most fantastic eastern-asian food. Look at the menu online and I dare you not to feel hungry! :cool: We had vegetable tempura, sesame prawn skewers, and then I had Pho Xao Bo, which was a Vietnamese dish with noodles, rump steak, lemongrass mint and coriander (cilantro to you guys!).... OMG YUMMY!!!! I sooooo wanna go there again...... The wine was nice as well, and a cute waiter! :p

As for the smoked salmon, you guys made me want it so much I sent Steve out for it, and had it with rocket, and made my own lemon mayo (the cheats way- just added lemon juice to mayonnaise lol)- Sooooo nice! :D

kherrmann3 wrote:
BethM wrote:
The biggest lobster on record was 44 pounds, and 41 inches long! :shock:

As far as that lobster comment goes... My response is, "BRING ON THE LEMONY BUTTER!"

*ahem*

I saw that episode of Dirty Jobs, too. They look... interesting. I liked the part when he was with that lady and they were cutting up the geoduck. His witty little comments were priceless!

Lol! Ditto with the butter :devil

mouse_chalk wrote:
I went out for dinner with my mum last night, and we went to this place It's just opened up in Bristol, and does the most fantastic eastern-asian food. Look at the menu online and I dare you not to feel hungry! :cool: We had vegetable tempura, sesame prawn skewers, and then I had Pho Xao Bo, which was a Vietnamese dish with noodles, rump steak, lemongrass mint and coriander (cilantro to you guys!).... OMG YUMMY!!!! I sooooo wanna go there again...... The wine was nice as well, and a cute waiter!
I saw your Facebook status argument with your friend about that! Looks tasty. Kinda reminds me of this restaurant called Dim T near me. We went there fr my birthday. Yummy... and cheap!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

pinksalamander wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
I went out for dinner with my mum last night, and we went to this place It's just opened up in Bristol, and does the most fantastic eastern-asian food. Look at the menu online and I dare you not to feel hungry! :cool: We had vegetable tempura, sesame prawn skewers, and then I had Pho Xao Bo, which was a Vietnamese dish with noodles, rump steak, lemongrass mint and coriander (cilantro to you guys!).... OMG YUMMY!!!! I sooooo wanna go there again...... The wine was nice as well, and a cute waiter!
I saw your Facebook status argument with your friend about that! Looks tasty. Kinda reminds me of this restaurant called Dim T near me. We went there fr my birthday. Yummy... and cheap!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny
I know... how dare he say Wagamama's is better lol! :p Saying that, I've not actually been to Wagamama's before... but I hear that Tompopo is better!

How about a little trip down memory lane, back to the last Depression?

White sugar Sandwiches rock my socks.
White bread, margerine, micro for 5 seconds, sprinkle white sugar, roll and eat.

Really bad, but so good! Staple of 1930s childhood.

ETA: becuz I just had to have one 5 minutes ago... still as good as I remember from grandparents!

The weirdest food I have had is a tofu sandwhich thing at my friends' house. They were nasty! They had like huge chunks of tofu on them, and this weird sauce thingy that was very yummy as my friend put it. But I didn't like it at all.

And I know some of you on here like tofu, but to me, I don't like it at all. Haha weird food to me.. :p

Karlee

Raspberry82 wrote:
wabbitmom12 wrote:
I'm not a picky eater at all, but some of the foods mentioned on this thread have made me flinch!!

The strangest thing that I like to eat is...Peanut butter, lettuce, and Miracle Whip sandwiches. Sounds gross, I know. (Blame my dad. I think he's the one who started making them.) But they really are yummy!

Yup! You're definitely a weirdo for that food combo, hehe. (Just teasing!! No offense intended!) :biggrin2:

I've heard a lot of odd sandwich combos with peanut butter.. it's got me curious, but it is hard to imagine some of them :).
Ya, I know, it is strange. But you have your creamy peanut butter, and cool miracle whip, and the crunchy lettuce (LOTS of lettuce!)....it's just good!

Back