Weird Food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!

Has anyone ever eaten one of the pickled eggs they have in local pubs? omg they look so nasty!

NorthernAutumn wrote:
I prefer rubbery squid, thank you! Gotta love something that squeaks when you chew it:)
Do you just eat the body or do you eat the tentacles, too? I've gotten one of the suction cups from the legs stuck on the front of my teeth. That was odd.

My dad makes pickled herring every year. It smells terrible. It's basically fish chunks, vinegar, allspice, bay leaves, and canning salt (I think). I hated being at home when he has to make the brine.

kherrmann3 wrote:
NorthernAutumn wrote:
I prefer rubbery squid, thank you! Gotta love something that squeaks when you chew it:)
Do you just eat the body or do you eat the tentacles, too? I've gotten one of the suction cups from the legs stuck on the front of my teeth. That was odd.

My dad makes pickled herring every year. It smells terrible. It's basically fish chunks, vinegar, allspice, bay leaves, and canning salt (I think). I hated being at home when he has to make the brine.
1.gif

Bo B Bunny wrote:
kherrmann3 wrote:
NorthernAutumn wrote:

1.gif

LOL!!! That smiley actually cracked me up!!!

:roflmao:

seafood antipasto with little squidy tentacles rocks my world!
I also adore octopus sushi handrolls....
mmmm... tentacles!

Also eel...
I have had a gungy pickled egg out of an old bottle at a corner store, and it tasted pretty good...:biggrin2: Need lots of salt and pepper tho...

Solomon gundy is pickled herring dipped in sour cream, out on crackers. I managed a plate of that this summer in Lunenberg, Nova Scotia.
Note to self: sometimes, it pays to keep menu curiosity to a minimum...

I thought it would have been improved with a bit more lemon, but it wasn't as bad as I figured it would be.

Pennie, I bet you 20 bucks (Canadian:biggrin2:) that you would love 90% of what we would feed you if you didn't know what it was...

IMO, calamari is better with garlic aioli, rather than marinara sauce... However, I'm not picky!
Pennie, hie thee to thine frozen section of thine supermarket, post haste!

You're missing out, woman! You've had deep fried Pepsi, for Pete's sake!

That's one seafood critter that I could never muster the stomach for. I don't know what it is, but I just hate how they look. To me, this is gross, they look like nasty phlegm in a half shell :shock:

"phlegm in a half shell, TURTLE POWER!"

Sorry... tangent.
They sure aren't an everyday kind of food... but a neat experience! I prefer oyster stew tho...

Escargot also rock my world. Mmmmm.. butter, cheese, garlic and widdle snails!

kherrmann3 wrote:
phlegm in a half shell :shock:
LOL! I totally had to say this in my head to the theme of 'heroes in a half-shell...TURTLE POWER!!!' :biggrin2:

Never tried them, but I would be open to trying them!

The one seafood I wouldn't eat is crab/lobster....I have MASSIVE phobias of them.... Walking along Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco was not easy! Steve's hand nearly got squeezed to death lol!! :shock:

Mmm... lobster/crab... *drools* They aren't very intimidating when they're sitting on the plate, drenched in butter/lemon and staring at you while you eat their little leggies. I'm dark. Mwaha!

kherrmann3 wrote:
Mmm... lobster/crab... *drools* They aren't very intimidating when they're sitting on the plate, drenched in butter/lemon and staring at you while you eat their little leggies. I'm dark. Mwaha!
1.gif

Someone decided to wave one round in bar I was in once- i ended up hiding in the toilets, hyperventilating! Then when I finally emerged, one of my friends thought it was funny to say 'it's behind you!' I promptly burst into tears and ran out of the place LOL! :? Ever since then... Can't even look at them! :shock:

Hot lobster rolls on kaiser buns, stuffed full of dead lobster drenched in butter and creamy dressing!

Way too awesome! You will not be scared of them after you eat one, Jen. Have a tail first, to get over your fear a bit.

You will never look at a lobster without drooling after...

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Hot lobster rolls on kaiser buns, stuffed full of dead lobster drenched in butter and creamy dressing!

Way too awesome! You will not be scared of them after you eat one, Jen. Have a tail first, to get over your fear a bit.

You will never look at a lobster without drooling after...
If I was to ever *attempt* to try to get over my lobster fear....I couldn't do it over here! I'd have to go back to San Francisco to do it properly lol.... :biggrin2::cool:;) Oh, what a shame! :D

I'd like to try them..... I'd just like for them not to make me run for the hills first lol!

Latest posts

Back